Lunch with Derek Warwick | FerrariChat

Lunch with Derek Warwick

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Oct 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Nowadays it's all about Lewis/Vettel/Verstappen etc ..and the FIA stewards taking quite a lot of flak. Please don't forget that some of those (ex F1 driver) guys have done the hard miles and do know what they are talking about, of course we will not always agree with their decisions but overall we are in quite decent hands.In case you haven't already read it:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/april-2010/76/lunch-derek-warwick

NEP, Nembo1777 and DF1 like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice post and find!

kraftwerk likes this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Just stumbled upon on it ..from 2010.Gotta do something between races:)

DF1 likes this.
  4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    One of the good guys, without question (worked with him in 1989). Quality of the man shines through in this 2014 interview:

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks for sharing, love those lunch with articles in Motorsport. DW was always quite the character. I remember him running from the rolled car at Monza straight to his spare as if it was yesterday. Also watching him testing the screaming Group C Jaguar at Silverstone on a cold day when I lived there, lone car on track and he was flying, you could hear the sound of the tires going over the rumble strips at the other end of the circuit, awesome speed.

Ferrari 308 GTB, 375+ and kraftwerk like this.
  6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great read thanks.

7. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I was at a track day at Oulton Park the week after Paul was killed and I remember what a cloud it cast over the day.