Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GogglesPaisano

GogglesPaisano Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Matt Borland
    Did I already post on this thread? I lurk so rarely I'd never know... ;-)

My name's in my profile. I've had a few German cars (VW/Audi/Porsche), driven a wide variety of vehicles, but no Ferraris yet. So far I've just had the opportunity to ogle the details, but the time is coming, of that I'm sure...

I also love motorcycles, mostly of the sporting variety. It's not that I don't "get" the Harley idea, I do, I just hate the sound of an engine hitting a rev limiter at <5800rpm... It makes a suffocating noise that aggravates me... I'd tour on a Guzzi, no question. Hell, I love my little CB350, and it's definitely no sportbike. I have an old beater FZR600R as well.

I'd say more but does anyone really care at this point? I'll be posting more in the future, feel free to react to me then. This is a great forum, bugs and all. I especially like a random browse through the business section now and then, as there's an occasional pearl of wisdom to be gleaned amidst all the "I wanna sell my widget" posts. Keep it up fellas, I'm impressed, if only by the fact that somebody here got a cat to wear a lime helmet...

-=Goggles=- 8-|

2. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Ain't Ferrari ownership GREAT?

3. usaf015

usaf015 Karting

Oct 28, 2005
    ok ummm my names jacob, im 16, dont have a ferrari of course, just really love the cars, i do drive a 1996 3.8l camaro....it gets me around but its definately not a ferrari....

4. HerrBremerhaven

Oct 30, 2005
    San Diego &amp; Houston
    Full Name:
    Gordon Moat
    Good afternoon to all here at Ferrari Chat,

A very good friend of mine talking me into joining and posting. I don't own a Ferrari, unless you count my 250 GTO made by Burago. I have many nice books on Ferrari road cars.

It has been my good fortune to have driven a few different Ferraris. I have also photographed quite a few, including some quite rare cars, and a couple collections. I have been to a few Ferrari Club events, mostly from my connections with friends of mine that share another similar passion. It seems that I meet many Ferrari enthusiats that also are into motorcycling.

I own a Ducati 900SS, another wonderful creation of italian design. Most of the Ferrari owners I know personally have at one time or another (or currently) owned a Ducati (or two).

I am also a big fan of F1 racing, especially the Ferrari team. Seems that this Chat site will be a good place to keep up the enthusiasm in the off season.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat

5. timoc42

timoc42 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim C
    Hello all,

My name is Tim ... been lurking in this forum for a few months now.

I finished my undergrad from PSU in 2004 and I just started my MS in Marketing at NYU.
    At the same time, I am just starting my own business in importing and distribution of food.

Currently drive a 2005 LS430. Used to drive a 1999 ES300.

Im on F-chat because I hope to get a 550 when my business takes off. So, its just a way of motivating myself to work harder so I can get the car I want faster. (but I should probably buy a house first before the car).
    I'll 'sell' the LS to my company, and make it into a company car, and have the 550 as a weekend car.

Hope to see F-cars and owners around NYC!

6. sresaoa

sresaoa Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    Hello all, my name is Stefano and I live in Ft. Lauderdale. I have been a member for a while now but never really posted much, I am currently a senior in high school and I already own 27 Ferrari's! (if they only were not 1/18 scale sigh) its my dream to become the head designer for Ferrari or I might focus more on racing haven’t really decided but one things for sure I love speed. The fastest I have driven a car was 175 in a 360 Modena then the owner told me that was enough and to back off a bit, but just today one of my friends brought his moms sl500 to school and I took that to its top speed of 155. Also on days when I'm not in school I drive into town and work as a shop boy for Tim Stanford Exotic Motors. I hope to meet more f-chatters at Maranello madness this November well I have to get back to my college applications ciao

7. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    hi my name is Rolando Morera, i'm 22, i live in costa rica, we have some nice exotics down here, but few ones. i work with a friend of mine rebulding and reparing Ferrraris ,maseratis ,lamborginis,porches and all kinds of exotics. i have some nice pics of the cars,will share them i asked, if someone wants info or anything from down here i will gladly help you. email is [email protected]

PS nice forum!!!

8. Linus77

Linus77 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    IJ
    Just a quick thank you.

I'm fortunate to live close to Crystal Cove here in Newport Beach California. For those of you that reside in other areas...Please let me use this post to vouch for this group of Ferrari enthusiasts.

Some of the most welcoming, down to earth people you could meet. Although I'm not a very active member -- on the occassions I am, its been very positive.

Just last week I had the opportunity to learn more about cars like the F50, a Lotus Esprit V8 and a Ferrari 575 SuperAmerica from the owners in person (at CC)

I thank posters like Nocturne, Armen and others who are as nuts about these cars as I am.

I moved here after grad school in Chicago -- So far its been the best decision I've made.

Thanks again for the welcome, if I have anything to say or positive contribution to make, I now know that I can look to a group that will be receptive to that.

Cheers,

I. Jay

9. mmotors

mmotors Rookie

Nov 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Marc
    My name is Marc, I will be 31 years old next week. I am an avowed car enthusiast, and have found F-chat to be a tremendously useful tool for expanding my knowledge of F-cars. I have not purchased one as of yet, but will probably be taking the plunge in the next year or so. I am leaning toward a 308 gt4.

I am a licensed car dealer/broker/wholesaler based out of Dyer, Indiana. My inventory typically consists of Porsche 944's and E36 BMW's, as well as (clean, original unabused) fox body Mustangs. I spend a great deal of my time at dealer auctions, usually attending all area Manheim auctions (Milwaukee, Greater Chicago, and Arena) in a given week. I live just outside Chicago.

That's all for now. This is a GREAT site with some really valuable information.

10. 356 speedster

356 speedster Rookie

Nov 4, 2005
    Hi to all

My name is Lambros.I am 31 years old,not a Ferrai owner yet.I have a Porsche 944,and a Porsche 356 speedster replica.I am an aircraft mechanic by trade,but I work in the car rental industry.I am a big Ferrari fan,Huuuuuuuuuuge fanatic of F1 and Michael Schumacher.I went to all USGP wearing my Ferrari clothes. I also collect die cast cars.(plenty of Fcars)

11. outtadal00p

outtadal00p Rookie

Nov 20, 2005
    Hi all!

My name is John and I live in Maryland. I've always dreamed of owning two things:

1. A Ferrari
    2. An MV Agusta (the Ferrari of motorcycles..haha)

This past summer I got the bike, now I have my sights aimed higher..=)

I currently drive a 2004 E320 to pass the time in automobile purgatory...Hope to meet some nice folks here and have some great discussions!

12. anks106

anks106 Rookie

Sep 2, 2005
    I have been lookin around here a few weeks now, but never too late to introduce. Im basically your typical college student who dreams about two things. 1) Driving a ferrari someday. 2) Eating something other than $2.75 chinese food (livin large!). I found this forum and had to join, because well, it helps with one of those two goals :-D Kinda intimidating, but so far y'all have been awesome and i've learned quite a bit (unforunately, not much to add of my own, because i really didnt know much about Ferraris before coming here). Some day though, I will be on the other side, until then, back to that chinese food.

13. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    I am new here.

I have been lurking for a day or so *LOL* so when I saw this thread I decided to atleast make one post.

I can't contribute with much, I don't have a Ferrari :-( I would of course like everybody else love to have one, but ummmm no chance of that I guess :-s
    I don't even know anyone who got one.

My Ferrari ownership is limited to a few books and some old scale model cars. Oh and around 25 I still have to put together.

I do watch all F1 races though.

That's all about boring little me so far. :eek:

Brian

14. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello all,

I've Been here for a while after following the tragedy with two former members being involved in a crash at the track some time ago - Jens <sp> and Amar if I recall correctly. After someone linked the news to this site from another site I read I was truly engaged. Although I didn't know them or anyone here it was just heart breaking to read the posts as they came in saying no one could reach them the day of the accident. I realized that day (s) that a bunch of good people were not only linked together by Ferrari, but also by deep friendships. So there it is. Be safe out there everyone. And may they rest in peace.

I love anything regarding rolling art like a classy Benz, to a stately Bentley all the way down to a spiced up Miata track car. Things in life such as this should NOT go unrecognized - esp. the Ferrari. I have to say too that the automobiles you folks own are truly a thing of beauty. Thanks for having me !

My rant is over and I have to go to work. Thanks all.

PS - I don't have a Ferrari. But I know who to ask when the dream may become a reality.

Dave

15. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Greetings to all other Ferrari lovers,

My name is Michael Wasik. I recently tripped across this site, while browsing another autochat room, while I was on "Paternity" leave from work after my wife gave birth to our beautiful daughter.

I don't currently own a Ferrari (car seats don't fit real well) but have been an enthusiast of the Italians for several years. My love of the Italian imports was bolstered by a brief stint selling Lamborghini shortly after my college years. Since then I have shifted professional gears and now work for my family's business as a Licensed Funeral Director.

Currently I drive a rather conservative 2005 Cadillac STS and an even more mind numbing Chrysler Town and Country Limited but I plan to park a 512 TR in the third space in my garage before my daughter gets to the college years. When I get to that position in life this community will not only help me make my decision but will be the first to celebrate in my victory.

Keep up the GREAT work and I look forward to reading and posting here often.

16. steveash

steveash Rookie

Nov 28, 2005
    Dorset UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ash
    I too am new to this Forum, my name is Steve and I live near the Dorset coast in the UK. I have always been intrested in Ferrari cars and this year I decided to get behind the wheel of a 355 on a race track day, wow what a car, I can wait to own one and with any luck I will be able to buy my first ferrari next year (2006) I like the 328, 348, and the 355, not sure which one I will go for.

I love this forum, I find the posts very intresting and informative, the information I have gained will be a great help in finding the right ferrari, I have joined the FOC here in the UK and intend to go along to their meetings next year to look at all those lovely Ferrari cars.

Wishing you all a Merry Xmas and happy new year.

Steve Ash.

17. cjensen

cjensen Rookie

Jan 11, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Full Name:
    Chad Jensen
    well, i'm not really a lurker on here as i just found the forum today, but i must say that i am impressed already! i have a lot of reading and catching up to do. i have been enamoured with ferraris since childhood. my walls were covered in ferrari memorabilia, and i still have most of it, but my wife would never let me do that again! my favorite tv show of all time is still Miami Vice (so happy they are coming out on DVD now!), and from the time the TR came out, i knew i had to have one someday. i am now 28 years old, and still without my first one, but i will one day have one. i just told my wife over the weekend that i would like to buy one, and her response was "i know honey, you will one day".

i am currently building an airplane (pilot by profession), and i'll have about $65k wrapped up in that when done. when that project is done (someday), it will be time to begin looking for my car. i'm a little frustrated with the way ferrari has gone these days, but i reman loyal. my car of choice when the time comes will be a TR/512TR.

you have a great forum here, and i hope to be able to participate as much as possible!

18. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I guess I am somewhat knew, been here about three months now. On average I post about once a day whether its inbetween school and work or on a day off. This place is great, one of the friendliest forums around.

Found out about this great place at the last Concours at the Americana in Manhasset, LI. Always had a passion for cars, especially Ferraris. Though when I saw Bob Wallach's Enzo the day of the Concours it really sparked a flame for Ferraris that will never end. Mr. Wallach let my youngest brother, 6 years old, start his 430 spyder and Enzo that day. It made his year. The smile on his face was great. It just shows how great car enthusiasts can be.

This place is almost like a second home. :D

Lastly I read this post a short while ago and it just makes this place even greater. This guy is very generous and is another reason I love reading and posting on this forum. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135481205&postcount=13

19. mæse

mæse Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    mæse
    I'm mæse, 19 and living outside of Portland, OR. I'm just a general automotive fan, I'm in college for International Business/European Relations. I've been around Ferrari's a good amount of my life, my cousin learned how to drive on a 400. I'm really into all forms of motorsport, especially F1 and FIA GT, and all things Italian automotive wise. I have many books on F1 history, so most things if I don't know I can find easily.

Cheers,
    Mæse

20. Ferrarichick06

Jan 14, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ruth
    I'm Ruth and I'm 24. I love Ferrari roadcars and I love F1. I've been a Schumi/Ferrari fan since 1996.

21. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    hi , my name is rolando morera, 22, i've been in Fchat for the past couple of months, i'm studiyng electromechanical engineering but also i work as a exotic car mechanic down here in Costa Rica
    this is a GREAT BBand i learn alot that i can apply to my work and i also learn great things form reading all the posts!!

22. skyboltone

skyboltone Karting

Jan 16, 2006
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Dan Hall
    Greetings Lads and Laddies:
    This is truely a great service for newcomers and wannabes. I'm bordering geezer, 55, just retired and looking forward to a Ferrari in the next year or so. I'm on fixed income now and these things have to be planned you know. For now, all of our spare resources are going into this:
    [​IMG]

We've a fair amount to do over the next year but after that I'm thinking a Mondial QV or 2.8. Lots of luck to all you youngsters out there. Drive careful so you can get to be a geezer too.

Dan

23. champnut

champnut Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    NE USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hello, been lurking here for a while. I have always wanted a 308-328 since I was a kid watching Magnum PI. I was actively looking for a 328 last June before I bought my new Corvette. Within the next couple of years I will sell the Vette to find a 360.

24. Fazioli

Fazioli Rookie

Jan 30, 2006
    Deseret Territory
    Full Name:
    Alan Grant
    My Ferrari experience has been this: Camped next to the Ferrari corral at the 1973 USGP and knew I had to have one someday. Thirty years later I had a deposit on a 25k mile 1985 308 but blinked and bailed when the salesman found all the service receipts. Ouch! I got 'real' and bought a new Miata. But, here I am lurking around Ferrari's again.

25. tasty348

tasty348 Karting

Jan 13, 2006
    Ocean City, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Christopher and Amy
    My 348 TS blk/red was delivered Friday. It took two years to find the right one. This is not a popular combination. I happen to love it. This forum has been great for first timers like myself. My first drive since it's delivery happens in about one hour; waiting for the rain to end. I've spent the past two days detailing it. It came with a Tubi. I'll let you know what I think after the drive. I look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks.