Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 41 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Welcome. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Quackers and Jakuzzi like this.
  2. Alex HH

Alex HH Karting

Dec 11, 2021
    Zhuhai (China)
    Full Name:
    Alexis H
    Hey there, I've also been lurking around (without an account ^^) for about a year.
    I'm French, graduated from UF in Gainesville then moved to China in 2009 and I've been here until now. Not planning to move anywhere else so far.

Just got a 458 Speciale, and in general I do have a "car problem" :D I do enjoy driving my cars, more than storing them. So I won't define myself as a "collector".

China garage hosts a Tesla MX, an Ftype convertible and now the Speciale.
    French one includes 2 AC Cobra including a 120th anniversary edition currently built by AC, and a 71 C3 Stingray (bought from Lamborghini Dallas, TX then shipped to FR) and probably an F430 at some point.

I run a VR training startup in South China for a living, as well as a Medical Devices trading company

That's pretty much it, Cheers ! :)

Attached Files:

3. Enzo like Ferrari

Dec 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Enzo A
    Hello fellas, new to the forums. From Northern California. Just came across the forums and found some very valuable info. Sold my McLaren and now looking to purchase a 458. Figured I should join to pick the brains of all F Car enthusiasts.

Looking forward to connect with you guys in the future

elephantgrinds and Texas Forever like this.
  4. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Great looking 71, 454. I've always liked those steel bumpers. Your 458 is beautiful!

5. Goatdave

Goatdave Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Clermont, Florida
    New Member here in Central Florida. Love sports cars as long as the top goes down.
    Last year I sold my 2017 911 Carrara S Cab to get a 2014 458 Spider in Grigio Scuro.
    Car had 20K miles when I got it and I put about 5K on it my first year.
    And yes, it is my daily driver!

This site is great and took out all the anxiety around owning a Ferrari.
    I learned a lot about 458 specific concerns and lots of great venders here.
    I already upgraded the audio system and will post something on that soon.

Glad to be part of this community!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. elephantgrinds

BANNED

Oct 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Lil Pee Pee
    Hi there, I will not give my name for privacy reasons associated with my username but I am a recent graduate in the field of PR. I have been lurking on Fchat for years but finally decided to make a new account a few months ago in October. I mostly joined Ferrarichat to document Ferraris and other cars on Vinwiki. Currently I am a fourth of the way done with F50 VINs on Vinwiki and am looking to complete the list this year with more info on the cars and their first owners. I mostly document Ferraris, Porsches, Paganis and a few rare Lamborghinis on Vinwiki to present more history for a car to the public. I have found alot of amazing information on Fchat over the years and am trying to communicate more with members and topics instead of lurking in forums.

Small Pee Pee, Big Heart

7. Brennen458

Brennen458 Rookie

Feb 1, 2022
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brennen Wickenhauser
    Hey guys, just got into Fchat after owning a 2014 458 Spider for a couple months. I am in Scottsdale Arizona and attend basically every car show around here and would love to meet some fellow Ferrari enthusiasts and owners ! I am also addicted to motorsports whether it be Endurance, Formula One, or even vintage racing series.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Rookie

Jan 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Drew-dm
    I'm here as a long time Ferrari fan and (hopefully) a 1st time owner soon. It's a good thing there's a marketplace here ;)

elephantgrinds likes this.
  9. Quackers

Quackers Rookie

Mar 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    DuckFace
    Hello from the UK :)
    Sadly not a Ferrari owner but always loved the GTB's.
    I have also had a hankering for the FF/GTC4 for a long time. There's something quirky about it that I love.
    Not quite your balls out Ferrari experience perhaps but that's not for everyone.

Kent Dellenbusch likes this.
  10. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    15 Year member in GA
    Full Name:
    Doc
    Welcome from GA.

Quackers and Kent Dellenbusch like this.
  11. Quackers

Quackers Rookie

Mar 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    DuckFace
    Thank you very much :)

12. oharal

oharal Rookie

Apr 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Bob Saget
    Hi Ferrari fans. Like many, lifetime Ferrari fan here. Millennial engineer in the off highway equipment world. Looking forward to learning about F car ownership as I explore the future of my car enthusiasm. I am a big V12 fan and have been enjoying my first 12 cylinder car the last 15 months. A 1993 BMW 850Ci 6 speed. I've been a car forum fanatic for a long long time with thousands and thousands of posts across many automotive platforms I have owned, driven, modified, maintained, and sometimes enjoyed and now its time to try Ferrari Chat. :)

alum04org and jm2 like this.
  13. Turbu

Turbu Rookie

Aug 2, 2021
    Good morning from Spain,
    New to Ferrari ownership, I have recently acquired a 360 Modena and been reading about she at this fantastic site. Glad to share my passion with other fellow members.

Cheers!

14. Brown79083

Brown79083 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2022

I'm just an engineering student. I come here for the pictures (especially the 355's).

jm2 likes this.
  15. Saile

Saile Rookie

Jan 17, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nakort Elias vallles leon
    Hey everyone,

old lurker here, no Ferrari yet.

going through analysis paralysis right now.

I want an 812 Spyder, but I could not get an allocation, if I am picking up used I want to see if prices normalize a bit.

I could compromise and get a used 812, but nothing has popped up close to me that has excites me enough to take the plunge.

I could compromise further and do a Lusso, nothing has excited me enough for that either.

I may just end up ordering a 296 GTS and get a V12 later down the road.

16. kentcmann

kentcmann Rookie

Jul 29, 2021
    Napa, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Mann
    Hi All:

I have been lurking and learning for about a year now, ever since I made the decision to forego a 911 purchase (dealerships not behaving like I would expect them to) and graduate to a Roma. I have always been a Ferrari fan and have a good friend who bought a 1994 348 Spider and when I drove it I fell in love with the idea and the machine. I originally thought the Portofino was in my cards, but my wife is not a convertible fan (even though it is a hard top convertible) and we were stricken with the Roma. We ordered back in August last year and are in the waiting game.

I am a former US Naval Officer and have been in the Wine Industry for 22 years now, based in Napa.

I really enjoy reading the posts and learning more about drivers, driving, and the beautiful cars themselves. They are works of art.

Aspec77 likes this.
  17. PLast

PLast Rookie

Feb 4, 2012
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi FChat,
    Long time lurker (10+ years). I've been a Porsche guy for a long time but still have a Ferrari itch I need to scratch.

RossoCorsa22 likes this.
  18. bumcubed

bumcubed Karting

Apr 15, 2022
    Hi all - we recently acquired a Cali 30 to drive our two little kids on weekends. We have had so much fun with it that we’re in process of getting another family F car (with a lot of help from existing threads on this site).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. RossoCorsa22

RossoCorsa22 Karting

May 11, 2022
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kareem
    Hah you just described me!

I'm a longtime sports car fan and owner; Dad still has his two 1965 Lotus Elans plus a racing Lancia from the 60s, a rare Jag that I can't remember what it is, and a bunch of other oddities. Currently I have two wonderful Porsche 718s (Boxster and Cayman S), but like so many of us, I've always wanted a Ferrari. Currently looking at adding either a 458 Spider or a 488 Spider to my tiny stable.

Am also an aircraft owner and flight instructor. It just so happens that the "pull it back and fly slow and lazy" cruise speed of my aircraft is an exact match for the top speed of a 488. Just with much less chance of getting arrested ;)

Live here in NorCal with my lovely wife (big convertible fan and also a pilot.) Primary job: I run a creative advertising agency that I founded. Side hustle: airline pilot for a large US carrier based out of SFO.

This site has been a tremendous help, and thank you to everyone who freely offers their time and wisdom to contribute.

20. LateBraking

LateBraking Rookie

May 5, 2022
    Hello there.

New member here. While I'm generally not very fond of forums or social media because of all the drama and fighting and tend to fastidiously stay on the lurker side the past half decade, hopefully it's more mature around here on FChat and the stay will be pleasant. :)

I'm terrible at taking photos but I did take a video short right after a fresh wash one time, so here's what I have in the way of media. Other than that, it's a pleasure and well met, FChat Community.

Ferrar1s and ryalex like this.
  21. Yojoe85

Yojoe85 Rookie

Sep 16, 2022
    Just joined. Flying in USAF for two more years, and then going to the Airlines. Currently have a 2019 Portofino and also have a 992 Winged GT3 inbound. Long-term would really like to get a 550 or 575. If anyone has a recommended sales person at Salt Lake I would appreciate it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex and Kent Dellenbusch like this.
  22. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Thank you for your service!

23. MonacoSailor

MonacoSailor Rookie

Aug 22, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Mindaugas
    Hey all!

I am a super long-time lurker, probably ten years or something. I have been into cars all my life (I am 35 now). I have owned many different cars, like Porsche 993, GT3 (997), C2S (997 and 991.2), Turbo (997), Panamera Turbo, Boxster S. Jaguar F type. Many BMWs etc. But I own (and ever owned) only one Ferrari. It is Testarossa (1987).

With every car, I intend to have as many experiences as possible. Non of my cars are or were garage queens. For example, I am super happy I made this trip: https://petrolicious.com/articles/i-drove-my-testarossa-from-lithuania-to-italy-to-trace-the-targa-florio

I am from Lithuania, Europe, but I moved full-time to Miami around a year ago. I am looking to buy FF, Lusso, or F12 here in the US. Like all you do - trying to find a perfect car :)

I would happily meet forum members in real life in South Florida to talk about cars, business, and other things. Just shoot me PM. I am interested in online business (this is what I do), sailing, and architecture.

Have a great day, everyone

Mindaugas

ryalex likes this.
  24. anton74

anton74 Rookie

Dec 29, 2022
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Anton Bendt
    Hi guys,

I also lurked for a long time and acquired a lot of knowledge on this forum. Last year I bought a F355 with some technical problems that I want to repair in the next few months and certainly I will ask some questions here. Looking forward to a friendly and beneficial exchange of knowledge :)

25. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Congratulations and welcome. Lots of smart guys here that like to offer their knowledge.