Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steeve

Steeve Rookie

Jul 17, 2004
    Hey everyone! I'm in Houston, TX and currently just an admirer from afar of Ferraris. I currently own a 911, that I am restoring to its former glory. I have been searching for my dream car, a late model testarossa, or maybe a 512tr. Those are just phenomenal cars, to me. Of course, I have a healthy admiration for all cars with the f-badge.

Thanks for putting together this site. Lots of great information is traded here daily. Hopefully one day I can extract myself from simply posting in the bikini thread...

2. Carnage

Carnage Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Hey guys,

Just ran across this thread. I just joined today. I've loved Ferrari's for as long as I can remember. I'm only 19 right now, so I have a little ways to go before I can own one myself but my time will come. ;) At the time I drive a 1992 3000GT VR-4, I've been working on modifying that car and keeping it clean (no ricey stuff). I look forward to learning a bunch from this forum.

-Matt

3. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Matt. Your VR-4 3000GT is a nice ride, you are most welcome.

4. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Hello all! I'm Tim. I live in Southwest Michigan, and I have a 1993 GMC Typhoon. I just recently joined, but I will probably be a lurker since haven't got much to add to Ferrari discussion. I'm not a huge fan of Ferraris, and can't see me owning one, but Barchetta Red is my favorite colour of all time (based on pictures). I hope to confirm that by seeing that colour in person sometime.

5. blondeferrari

blondeferrari Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    hello! Im the newest Newbie...Im a 23 year old VW sales rep and avid enthusiast. I live in ontario canada, and aside from a demo VW diesel, i have a 1987 Porsche 924s.
    Looking forward to getting to know some more enthusiasts!!

6. Leweyb

Leweyb Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    East Hampton
    Ok ...(comin out from behind a box) I'm Leweyb, I've owned more then 50 cars, many exotics. A few Prancing Horses, currently a 03 360 spider....

7. Nateen30@hotmail.com

May 25, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Hi my name is Nate Rowley i dwell in a little town in Ohio called Irondale. I'm 14 years old and some day i hope to own a ferrari by hard work and determination. the reason i lurk is to soak up info. i love to learn about exotic cars they inspire me to be a succesful person in later time, thanks for giving time to care,

Nate

8. azbobbybooshay10

Jun 4, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby Patricca
    I came across this site due to the tragedy at Fontana last week, and originally planned on making one post, offering my condolences. Honestly, I was afraid that since I didn't own a Ferrari, I wouldn't be welcome here.

However, I've noticed that there might be more people wiothout Ferarri's here than with them, so I've decided its safe for me to look around, and see what I can learn.

About me: I'm Bobby, and I'm 19 years old. I live in Phoenix, AZ. My current car is a 1989 Nissan 240SX fastback, but I'm getting a coupe body in the future to swap my engine in to, since my car has some fairly serious damage.

I've always been a Ferrari fan, mainly of the F1 team and Michael Shumacher's amazing driving skill (when was it, 1994, he got stuck in 4th gear partway thru the race, and still managed to finish 2nd?). I'm planning on going to an Auto Tech school, and once I'm finished, have a nice paying job. Hopefully I can come across a slightly older F-car, and realize my dream of owning a Ferrari. My all-time favorite F-car, has to be the 360 Modena. IMO, its the sexiest Ferrari ever made, and has the most beutiful exhaust note ever.

Thanks, and hopefully I can learn a lot about the cars! (and someday actually be able to put it to use on my own F-car!)

Bobby

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Bobby (and others), never fear. All followers of the Prancing Horse are welcome here. Car ownership is not needed (though you have to want to own one someday!).

10. prodigy

prodigy Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    La Jolla, CA
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    I too came across this forum after hearing about the accident at Fontana. My name is Stephan and I am 20 years old. I live in Temecula, Ca. My car is a '93 BMW 740i with lots of mods. I am lucky enough to detail and get rides in my dad's '01 911 Turbo. Unfortunately the insurance company says I have to be 25 to actually drive the car though.

After searching through the forum for a few days I really have noticed how friendly people are on this forum, especially compared to something like bimmerforums. Hopefully one day I too will own a Ferrari, likely in about 15 years or so. If anything I am getting inspired everytime I come to this forum! Thanks!

11. forzadaytona

forzadaytona Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Frank G.
    Another newbie from Canada. Ontario to be precise.
    Saw the ad in Forza, and have been lurking for quite some time. I decided to chime in. I am not an owner, but have been a fan of Ferrari for years. My fave is the Daytona. the 250 series is close behind.
    Looking forward to talking (virtually) to other fans!

12. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hello. My name is Ryan Simpson. I am a mortgage banker(aren't we all...haha) in Phoenix, AZ. I don't own yet, but I hope to soon. I love Ferraris and love talking about them and seeing everyone's collections. And if anyone needs a loan in AZ,CA,HI, or NV, PM me. I would be happy to help you out!

13. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I wouldnt consider myself a lurker because I am relatively active in posting (so. cal), I do real estate and currently have an S500. For being on the younger side I find that pretty good. I am a big fan of 360's and have been considering it. If I do come to purchasing one I will let it be known......the more I hang around the more it tempts me...

14. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Hi guys my name is James Kandt and I live in the metro Detroit area. Obviously love Ferraris 360s thought I’d come out and say hi. I was thinking about getting together with the group from around here I live close to kart 2 kart but was a little scared as I don’t own a Ferrari but maybe next time.

15. vmanaktala

vmanaktala Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Vinnie
    Hi,

Vinnie Manaktala, Chandler AZ, Lurker since 2003. Used to own a black 1979 308gts #27763 , bought at 25 year old Lost to ex wife at 28.
    Now looking to buy a Countach, Then another black 308/328

16. SarahJ

SarahJ Rookie

Jun 4, 2005
    Brentwood, England
    Full Name:
    Sarah
    Hi

Another newbie here, having only recently joined.

Love sports cars in general and am a self confessed petrol head..I have a TVR Tuscan and a Lotus Elise (which now has a supercharged honda engine in her).

I live just outside London, England

Cheers
    Sarah

17. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Hi, im Ryan. I hope to live in space one day. Not sure why im here...

18. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Howdy! Nice collection of cars btw...

19. SarahJ

SarahJ Rookie

Jun 4, 2005
    Brentwood, England
    Full Name:
    Sarah
    Hi Ryan

Thanks - I really like both the cars (although completely different in terms of drive and the ride)

Im just getting the tuscan ready to drive down to Le Mans tomorrow for the 24hr race at the weekend - where you get to see all kinds of exotica not only on the track but in the campsites (favourite spot last year was the 3 enzos all parked up alongside each other at the campsite).

Sarah

20. tl731

tl731 Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2004
    Staten Island , NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas L.
    Not really a newbie, I have posted a few times now and again, but i just found this thread and thought i'd say hello.

My name is Tom, from SINY. I am also not a ferrari owner... yet, but will one day own, mark my word. I am 35, married to a beautiful wife and have a 2 year old son. I work in IT for a leading online brokerage firm in NJ, have been here for a little more than 6 years.

I spend a lot of time in the "Tri-State" and "Florida" forums, and the Lambochat rooms too. I used to spend my allowances on Road and Track's, I can still remember the War and Roses article regarding the Countach 5000Z, still have my posters from my wall, but the wife still won't let me hang them up in the living room, I think it would be a nice touch.

Just wanted to say Hello !

Happy Driving all.

21. deedubb

deedubb Karting

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    David W
    Im a lurker as well.

Im from Colorado, just sold off my NSX and looking for a new toy. I would love to have a 360 but untill the price drops on them to below 100K, i doubt that will be an option.

I love the site and am an avid automobile lover.

Just thought i'd say hello as well.

Happy motoring.

22. RevUrGT3

RevUrGT3 Rookie

Jun 15, 2005
    San Antonio, TX
    Howdy from San Antonio, TX!

I am a Porsche driver with high respect for Ferrari cars :)

Very interesting forum, I have a blast reading the stories and points of view of Ferrari drivers...

23. Topgun T/S 38

Topgun T/S 38 Karting

Jun 17, 2005
    Cincy, Oh
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Yup me to, currently own a Porsche 930 and considering a prancin' pony car. (just haven't decided where I like throwing away money more cars or boats!)Thinking about a 348 or TR as an intro car and going from there. I'm out of the Cincy area.

24. Paddington

Paddington Rookie

Jun 14, 2005
    Guess I am a new lurker here aswell.
    I fell in love with the 348 a few years ago. Worked at a Ferrari bodyshop for a few week`s (I was an electrician) some years ago.
    I tell you norwegian Ferrari owners sure crash their cars alot hehe.
    Even the guy working at the shop took a customers car and totalled it lol.

I once owned a 1970 Camaro RS it was a cool car ,and one day I want a cool car again and nothing is cooler then a Ferrari if you ask me.

25. agk

agk Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Anton
    Greetings to All,
    I suppose I can be considered a lurker, since I haven't posted here in a while. I do enjoy reading various threads here from time to time. Mr. Bruce W., well- known on this Forum, kind of introduced me to this board and encouraged me to come to a car show in New Hope, PA back in summer of 2002 and bring my car. I don't own a Ferrari yet (that remains a long term goal), but I do own a 1995 Lotus Esprit S4S. I take strong interest in various Ferrari models and eagerly learn about those wonderful cars. Those models that attract me most are - 355, Testarossa, 348. That will do it for now, best regards to all,
    Anton.