Lurking for years (Literally) | FerrariChat

Lurking for years (Literally)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Efren90, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Efren90

Efren90 Rookie

Feb 3, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Efren Ortiz
    Hey all!

I personally have been lurking for quite some time now and have posted a few times on the F1 section but now it's time to give a proper introduction as this week is the week I finally become a Ferrari Owner! For years my lady and I have been looking into getting into a 360/430 and learning about ownership and talking with fellow owners at local car meets (I had an E92 M3 at the time). We started searching for the right car and started talking to the dealership about the possibility of finding one locally until one day the GM talked us into driving a 430 and 458 back to back just so we knew how big of a difference there was between the two and within I'd say 5 feet of driving my lady looks at me and says "We NEED this" (I'm a lucky guy having a girl that loves cars as much as me!) so that threw a monkey wrench into our plan (and our budget) so we started looking and they had just got in a 2010 458 in trade for a 488 in "resale red" over couio interior with just over 14k miles on it, great options (except carbon wheel :() they offered CPO for a year and new tires (PS4S) at a really competitive price (even compared to for sale by owners). we dug into the history of the car and all maintenance had been done at the dealer and zero blemishes and knew it was the one. We put a deposit on it while we figured out our game plan and now pulled the trigger should have it by the end of the week! to say we're over the moon is an understatement. The car will not be a garage queen at all we can't stand seeing cars sitting in garages and being brought out only on the weekends to car meets then straight back to the garage, and seeing how reliable and worry-free they seem to be (we've been lurking the threads) I think we made the right choice spending a little more in a 458 :D:D:D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

AshAP, tifoso2728 and Automoblog like this.
  2. KirS

KirS Rookie

Jan 1, 2014
    Seattle
    Gorgeous car Efrin. I’m in the same situation as you. Been lurking for years and jus getting into a Ferrari as well.

Did the same comparison as you. Even have the wife that pushed me to do it. We are lucky guys!!

The 458 is sooo much different than the 430. To me at least, more refined and much more of a daily capable supercar. You made a great choice. Stretch a little and get into the car that does it for you.

I went the other way and did old school, MT 360. Who knows, maybe on to a 458 in a few years.

Take care!