Lusso finally here | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lusso finally here

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by absent, Aug 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    WLTP is supposed to be the new standardised process to assess emissions and consumptions in a more realistic way.
    Since all start-stop systems had the main goal to artificially decrease emissions and consumptions, they may indeed be ditched; but if they still improve the figures with the new test, they will stay.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Sorry to hear that- that must be frustrating. Interesting pattern for the floor mat. Great looking car, congratulations again! I bet you can't wait!

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Wait does not bother me, my wife is a different story, she wants it now, does not like the driveway guy so much anymore.....:)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    The shields are a nice way to still have them without being bright yellow race car shields. Nice.

5. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    what kind of floormats are those?

6. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Does she go? Eh, wink, wink, nod, nod?

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Custom made by Fchat member/sponsor Exoticare

8. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Any review yet?

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Nope.
    Still tasting wines in Sonoma.....

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Interesting.
    We just picked it up (finally) and the first hint there was something wrong was when I didn't see her brake lights (my wife driving the Lusso).
    First stop light and it went into neutral, she had to try multiple times to engage the gear.
    Then she calls from the car that she is getting disco lights on the dashboard, multiple system failures, "see the dealer", 4wd failure, F1Track failure, etc,etc.
    I'm not driving it back, don't want to get rear ended so will have to tow it back on Monday.
    Fun first weekend of her new Ferrari ownership......

11. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    That sucks. I just checked back on this thread to see how you and your wife were liking it ...

MDS

12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    That's crazy. Hopefully they will sort that out soon so you can enjoy the car.

13. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Not a great start to the ownership, hopefully it’s something simple that can be addressed easily

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Faulty brake switch relay, messed up all the electronics somehow.
    Not a good start indeed when on the first drive home the car fails you, gets you stuck in the middle of the intersection (went into neutral and would not engage in gear) with folks honking and jeering.
    Car is fixed and will be delivered in a couple days and I have to convince her to trust the car again.....
    At least the dealer is fabulous and went out of his way to make this thing as painless as possible.

15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Kwality control at Maranello.
    Get a grip Ferrari !

16. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Sorry to hear the initial hiccups Mark but I'm sure she will enjoy it the rest of the way. With the black wheels on the car looks extremely stealthy. I'd be interested in seeing even more carbon parts on that car with that current color scheme. Something from the likes of Novitec with their extensive Carbon Program.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

635CSI likes this.
  17. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Lusso looks great! What color is it?

18. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    That’s nice, unplanned situations like that are never really easy to deal with

19. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Car has already about 500 miles (one week), most of it done by my wife, since it is her daily but I managed to make a few observations myself.
    Most striking, this car is unlike any of the other new Ferraris(599, Scud, Italia, F12, FF) I have either owned or driven, as usable and friendly for daily use as Bentley Conti or S63/65 Coupe.
    The refinement, comfort, handling and performance altogether make it stand way above the other two (have not driven the all new 2019 Bentley obviously)and as well it should at the price it has.
    Heard some horror stories about orange peel so checked her car real careful, paint is flawless.
    Quiet at idle, very unlike "Ferrari" but step on it and the sound is all there.
    Cruise at 80-90 and it does not even feel like you are over the speed limit.
    In short, perfect, ultimate daily driver or long distance tourer (seats although firm are very comfortable and supportive including good lumbar support) but if you are looking for a weekend toy with more visceral experience during relatively short drive, this car is not for you., for all the reasons mentioned above, too comfortable and too refined. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy, gh0st0, Caeruleus11 and 7 others like this.
  20. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for the write up and glad the car is running properly.

21. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sorry about the warranty issue out of the gate but hope it's the first and last that you have!

Congrats and enjoy,

Rob

22. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Beautiful! Enjoy.

23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Glad they got it all fixed. Great write up! Congratulations!!!