Lux5 Event @ Navy Pier - PICTURES | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lux5 Event @ Navy Pier - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by O-Ace, Jun 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I could have used one of your free tickets.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Where did you go ? I couldnt go out with you later as i was with 2 friends who are still 20 yo.

3. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #28 amenasce, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #29 tifosi12, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
    What's the rationale? Is it yours?

PS: When did you take that shot? Just curious whether more folks showed up after I left. That pic looks as devoid of people as mine.

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nop, not mine but i think it looks like a little ball of energy, not sure how to put it in english..like an angry pitbull :).

I was there around 5 pm , Walter said you were earlier there but i walked around and couldnt find you.

This event could be good with some more buzz ..

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, to each his own, but that car leaves me totally cold. I wouldn't even put it in that show. There were some M3s that had all the nice carbon fibre trimmings at the raceflix stand. Those were nifty, if I'd care about Beemers.

Agreed on the buzz. I felt sorry I had to drive home. All those Vodka and Champagne tasting stands were darn inviting, but I resisted.

I think this event could do with more publicity. If it hadn't been for this thread, I wouldn't have known. These guys should advertize much more in magazines and on sites like this.

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sorry Andreas, next time I will definatly get one for you.

8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #33 Townshend, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes very much so agreed on the publicity, only reason I knew it was going on was because I got an e-mail about the one in LA a month ago and saw they were coming to Chicago.

Andrew, I ended up going down to Wrigleyville where I enjoyed a nice blend of water and ice after hitting up those free vodka/champagne tastings.

Here's my pic from the show:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #34 tifosi12, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
    What time was that?

I'm really curious as to know whether they got any people eventually. Would be a shame otherwise.

I was comparing this experience to HIN: I remember going to HIN and showing up at 6pm when the doors opened: There were long lines of people waiting to get in. Long as in hundreds of people. Once inside the whole place was a total zoo. Instantly crowded.

The other thing is, I'm not sure they got their marketing concept right: They're kinda inviting the public to join the lifestyle of the rich and famous. As if it were some kind of a hobby to pick up. Well, that's not really how it works: First you need to have some $$$, then the rest follows suit. Or to put it differently: If I had the cash, I would just go to nearest Ferrari/Lambo dealer and pick my dream car and be done with it. So I'm kinda missing the point of Lux 5 I guess.

10. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Very cool! A lot of my shots have noise but I'll post later on. Forgot to bring my flash...damn

11. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Carla was there and she said that it was pretty empty at all times. However, I had a great time. Thanks Andreas for letting me follow you around and thank you Walter SO MUCH for the tickets. Saved me $90... :)

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    4:11pm

13. O-Ace

O-Ace Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Chicago / Glenview
    Full Name:
    Awais
    Thanks for coming out! It was great meeting up in-person. Too bad the show didn't get the turn out we expected; they definitely need to work on their marketing/promotion efforts. Live and learn! We won "Best Display" :)

-Awais

14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Some cool cars. I'm all about "to each, their own" but every time I see another homage to Scarface, I can't help but roll my eyes.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just for the record: Those pics are from another event at McCormick I believe, same day. Carla mixed the shots.

16. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I heard it was quite the failure. Not surprising, after I heard they were also charging $30 to get in.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That was indeed pretty steep, but I think the real reasons for the failure are:

a) no advertisement
    b) flawed marketing concept

HIN is a big friggin party for ricers and people accept that and enjoy it. This thing wants to cater to a higher income class (call it ricers for exotics). But IMHO that just doesn't have the demographic. At least not in Chicago. Here rich folks don't spend a Saturday evening in a hangar like atmosphere. Not enough chic for them. And for the bling folks there just wasn't enough attraction and it was a bit too snobby. I can see how this could work in Calif, FL and Vegas, but I doubt it'll catch on here.

18. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    +1 I totally agree. The website shows it as an upper class luxury "high roller" event with fine jewelry, watches, clothing, airplanes, boats, luxury cars and other high end autos. The show I saw had no trace of that. Honestly Andreas and I had the place to ourselves. By the way, sorry I haven't posted any pics, photoshop is giving me trouble with one of my plugins. I'm working on it as we speak.
    -Dan

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Which wasn't so bad after all: You don't have to deal with crowds obscuring the cars and pics. :)

20. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Very true... *flashback, 2008 Chicago Auto show opening day*

21. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I didn't get a chance to make it, but looks like some nice cars showed up.

22. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    You can see the Veyron and LP at Bently Gold Coast. Those were the only two "show stoppers." Oh, and that 3 million dollar coach bus. That was nice...

23. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    They said alot of it couldn't be there due to union issues? Who knows.. I wouldn't have minded more people there at all though. With that being said, the AMEX Black event at NAIAS (where there were only 150-200 people that had access to the whole NAIAS this year) was awesome. Was great to get a very close look at the cars with noone there.