Luxury Motor - wow... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motor - wow...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by bpu699, Aug 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Well,there Have been a couple posts here on FChat already from people who HAVE dealt with them,and they were not favorable. I don't know about you,but all I need is to see one or two posts like that to send me running....No more needed,thats for sure!

I don't think that the people that ARE buying from them check this site.

But,I agree that I doubt it has anything to do with that,(sniff sniff). Perhaps,a bit deeper than that,like a few other posts I've seen here have directed to...(Current Worldy issues....)

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    When legit, long time reputable dealers, are leary about what's going on at a relatively new dealer, it's time to think 'caveat emptor', when dealing with the new entity.

I've had contact with a few people that have bought cars from said dealer, and some that have dealt with them but didn't buy.

Not one good word was said by any of them.

I know they got the RR franchise from Continental, but I won't even buy parts from them. Why.....because of their reputation.

3. baddogz28

baddogz28 Rookie

Aug 26, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Splendoria
    I think they sell 300/ month if I recall correctly.

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Could be, but that doesn't make them reputable.

I've heard they're big on 'Bait and Switch'.

Again, caveat emptor!

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    McDonald's sells millions of burgers a day, does this infer that they have the best food available?

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

I very sincerely doubt that....I drive by there all of the time,and see the SAME cars on the lot...

7. Indytim

Indytim Guest

Sep 4, 2004
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Tim Baynes
    Hi folks - just found this forum. Looks like a great site.

FWIW, I bought a 2000 Carrera from Luxury Motors 1.5 years ago. Overall my experience was positive, and I would consider buying from them again, rumours of questionable financings aside.

- they had the car I had seen in their Internet ads when I went in

- the car wasn't exactly what I wanted, and they had another 5 or 6 similar 911s to show me

- the car I liked best, in terms of condition/mileage/options/price wasn't the color I wanted. I waffled on it, and they gave me the keys and said "take it home and tell us how you like it in a couple days". When I said I lived in South Bend, they said, "then take 3 or 4 days".

- I thought the sales tactics a little on the intense side, since I felt that they weren't going to accept my leaving without a car, but I guess I didn't mind since I really didn't want to leave without a car anyway :).

- I had the car inspected, and predictably for an '00 996, the rear main seal was leaking. LM took it to be fixed under warranty before I picked up the car again, no questions asked. The car was and continues to be in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition.

- All paperwork went without a hitch. I kept expecting problems, and there were none.

As I said, my experience was positive, exceeding my rather low expectations. Of course, if I were in the market for anything new or very close to new, I would rather go with the dealer, so I could build a relationship with them and (hopefully) get better service attention. But when considering any high-line car more than 1-2 years old, I'll look at Luxury Motors again.

Cheers,

Tim

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    "Brought to you by the Folks at Luxury Motors.......'You want it? We got it!'....Back to you,Ahmad....."

9. massivespeed

massivespeed Rookie

Aug 30, 2004
  10. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
    There was an article in Crains recently about them. The owner is a foreigner with offshore sources of cash that he is able to fund his enterprises. I think his moeny comes from Asia but I could be mistaken. He bought the local Bentley dealer for peanuts, and in a few years made it the number 1 Bentley dealer in the US. Like any good car salesman, he is a hustler, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I remember stopping by there to look at a 911 a few years ago. The place was packed, especially with people who didn't look like they should be buying very expensive cars.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have yet to see even ONE Bentley,any Year,any Model,any Color out driving around. I live in the Oak Brook Area,(only a few Miles from LM) and 'assume' that there may be a couple around,but,have never seen any...Have seen an older,White Corniche Convertible out driving around occassionally,though.

12. Indytim

Indytim Guest

Sep 4, 2004
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Tim Baynes
    Hmm... do I detect cynicism??

I'm not plugging the guys, since as I said their sales tactics were pretty aggressive. But in the interests of providing other folks with real, personal, first-hand information rather than 2nd hand "my-wife's-aunt's-stepson's-dog's-walker" reports and conjecture, I thought I'd share my experiences.

These folks have a very good inventory of cars, and their prices are competitive. If you don't care about establishing a service relationship and care more about the car than the sales experience, this is a good place to look for one.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank