Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm aware of that. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he's probably retired by now living on S.S.

I've met many scoundrels in my life when dealing with car salesmen. When confronted with proof of the lies he told me about a RR I was interested in buying, he just basically shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

Many years ago he was associated with Harry Woodnorth. I'm sure some of you knew Harry, but even he wasn't always on the up-and-up. As ironic as it may seem, Harry couldn't deal with Vernon's tactics and they parted ways.

It doesn't surprise me that 'Vermin' worked at Bentley GC; he fit in perfectly with their sales methods!

Sparky

2. CSanders Sr.

CSanders Sr. Rookie

Aug 7, 2009
    Barrington
    Full Name:
    C.Sanders
    #302 CSanders Sr., Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    According to Federal documents, Luxury Motors has filed for Bankruptcy. Documents and filing available online ( you have to pay ) to view.

Their bank accounts have been frozen until a court appearance on Thursday.

GMAC is on the premises currently supervising. Employees have not received payroll checks for the past week either.

Buyers beware......you don't want to be giving them any downpayments or trade in's as their funds are frozen for now.

3. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

no surprise. karma.

4. w8lifter21

w8lifter21 Rookie

Aug 6, 2009
    Lake County
    Full Name:
    Jay
    LFSC is are the only people I would even begin to trust

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    That's quite an emotional statement, unsubstantiated! Continental is a reputable dealership, as are many independents for service and repairs!

6. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #306 JohnnyS, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    +1 don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Continental has been great for friendly service (personal experience). I know there are independents like Ed's that are great as well.

I would also include Lamborghini Chicago in that "stand up" group of dealerships. They may not have a bunch of Ferrari cars, but they have some. LFSC, Continental, Lambo. Chicago didn't get to where they are by screwing with their clients.

7. RDzingel

RDzingel Karting

Jan 16, 2008
    Continental is very good. Don't have experience with the others.

8. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    He sold a car on consignment for me a long time ago. While in his office completing the paperwork I couldn't help but notice the large assortment of Rolls Royce speedometers(odometers) on a shelf.

9. CarGuySpyder

CarGuySpyder Rookie

Nov 18, 2009
    He needs to be compensated. He's got a wife with a son and a girlfriend with 2 illegitimate children with him. He's lost his jet, his house, his nephew's houses and owes EVERYBODY money...

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    RR speedometers were never one of the marques best attributes; many of them failed.

The speedometers on the shelf were there because they were junk. If he wanted to change odometers, it was much easier(and less expensive) to do it by rolling back the original odometer.

11. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    So whats the latest at BGC? Has anything changed now that the Perillo's run it or is it the same crew still? I'm looking a car they have but dont really want to deal with them unless they've changed their ways...

12. CarGuySpyder

CarGuySpyder Rookie

Nov 18, 2009
    Same group of terrorists...different signature on the check.

13. car nut

car nut Rookie

Mar 18, 2011
    Hit the nail on the head with that one. Perillo is turning into another Abbas. Abbas is like locus, move in, use up all it can take and move on to the next.

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They are expanding though,Rolls Royce of Chicago now....

15. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    He is as slick as ever.

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    7.5 years running, this thread is still going!!

17. car nut

car nut Rookie

Mar 18, 2011
    I dont know hoe anyone in there right mind would believe him or trust any word that comes out of his mouth. He reaks of booze, drugs, and lies.

18. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    sure wasn't my original intent. never did make there.

19. PvtCounsel

PvtCounsel Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Bought a RR phantom that was certified by Rolls Royce Gold Coast under RR's Provenance extended warranty program from Joe Abbas' nephew Chris Abbas. Chris assured me that the car had not been in any accident nor had any bodywork. Well, long story short, 2 days after car arrived, local RR dealer inspected car and reported that it was in a wreck and was not repaired properly. Took almost 3 weeks to get them to take car back. Still owe me some money. What a bunch of crooks. top to bottom. I wouldn't even consider buying a bicycle from them, let alone any automobiles.

20. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

- Did you run a Carfax report on it? What did it come up with?

Joe

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Did you really think Joe's nephew would be more honest than he was? Live and learn, there have been many posts about Joe and Luxury Motors.

Shame on you but I do feel your pain.

22. PvtCounsel

PvtCounsel Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    I had no idea about them til after I bought the car and searched here. I relied on the fact that it was a Rolls Royce, Bentley, etc. franchised dealership. Boy did I learn. Litigation here we go.

23. PvtCounsel

PvtCounsel Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Yes, carfax was clean. Carfax is hardly reliable. When they state there was an accident, they are correct. When they don't list anything, that doesn't mean that there wasn't. Ask any bodyshop or dealer.

24. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Guys, just wondering:
    I realize this is a LM thread, but because we're discussing Chicago, and they have already been mentioned in this thread:

How is Chicago Motor Cars?
    (Different owner of course), but how are their business practices? How about how they obtain cars?
    There is a website, Chicagomotorcarssuck.com which states many horrible business practices, including keeping large portions of money and selling the car to someone else, not disclosing history, etc....

Thanks in advance!!

25. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I'm sure there are some guys here with personal experience regarding CM but they might miss your question, since it can get lost in unrelated thread.
    You should open a new, dedicated thread and I'm sure you'd get comments very quick.