Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Sean,
    It seems that you got a good one, but probably the guy in CA was ficticious. I'm sure they acted as if were doing you a huge favor by selling it to you, in spite of having a downpayment on it, at a higher price.

PREFACE, all that follows is IMO

After a short visit with them, I felt like I needed an emergency shower. They have to be some of the slimiest sales people I have ever come across anywhere. Their sales methods are fraud at best.

A friend from KC put a DP on a Mercedes they had. It was "gone" when he tried to pick it up, so they tried to slide him into an absolute POS for more money, LOL.

They play a game that their different stores (even the two that share the lot in Downer's) don't know what the other is doing, so the car that you put a DP on, supposedly gets sold by one of the other guys, yeah right! Then they try to slide you into another car, that's not as nice and it costs a bit more.

Then he says,"But you know these are in high demand right now, so you better grab this one quick, I've got a guy coming to get this one at 7:30 and he's serious, but I'll give you 1K off if you take it home now".

This scenario seems to happen with all too much frequency.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I drive past there frequently. They have Cars parked all over the place...All down the Alley,(which,I suppose,is a good Analogy of the place in General...:) ) All over across the Streets,in every open spot or lot available.
    On side streets,everywhere!...Just has a "Fishy Look" if you ask me....If I ever start seeing "OverSeas Intermodal Containers" Parked around there,I will REALLY start wondering....:)

3. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Don't even bother with that place. They wanted to sell me a car with a salvage title and to be honest they looked way too slick for my liking. You can just tell by walking in and by who is working there that they are shady. I'm glad they are being investigated and I hope they get taken down!

I hope I don't sound too hostile.

Vince.

4. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I thought how stupid it was to leave $3-4 mil in car inventory outside your dealership if you run a shady ship. Some irate customer with a spray paint can could rack up some real damage.

5. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I was in a different courtroom today and there was ANOTHER case against Luxury - this time for selling a car with a rebuilt title (that undwerwent $33k+ in repairs) and failing to disclose it.

If anyone else has had articulable specific problems with Luxury, you may want to speak with the attorney handling that case. I have her name. PM me if interested and I'll pass it along.

6. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Again today I was in court and there was ANOTHER case with Luxury as a defendant. Yikes!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I JUST saw a News report on the Noon News that showed a story on FBI and DEA raiding a Used Car lot in Chicago,on North Av.and Kimball. That sells "Luxury Cars and SUV's". They said that they were looking into Money laundering and possible smuggling of Drugs and Weapons.....And went on to say that they had tons of cars all over the place,in 3 lots in the area.....Sound familiar?

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    If worse comes to worse, I hope they have a going out of business sale soon where Frank can get a good deal on a used 456 or TR. Such a stylish image to their location according to a few who have visited, too bad the attitude that follows is not as classy.

RocketBoy

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If they have such a sale, I'd throw some bucks at some of the decoration they use in their downtown shop. Could use some Italian looking columns etc.
    :)

10. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Any affilation with Bentley Gold Coast dealership ?

11. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Here is a link to the story on the FBI raid. It appears the FBI raided another car dealer, Amer Leasing Inc. Amer Leasing(Amer Leasing Sales, Inc.) is not affiliated w/ Luxury Motors, Inc or at least I cant find any info to suggest they are....
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/032205_ns_fbi_raid.html

12. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Same owner.

13. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I hope they get their Bentley dealership pulled.

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I meant "same owner" referring to Luxury Motors.

Apparently they're not the same outfit in the article.

Though rumour has it that LM is involved in some of the same shenanigans; as I said though, it's just second hand information to me.

I have no proof that what I've heard is true, but I do know that many people have said that LM is underhanded in their dealings.

15. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Luxury Motors / Bentley Gold Coast is selling some cars on ebay now. I wonder how that is working out for them?

They have a Quattroporte available here:(Not sure how they would have a demo)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6313&item=4536519253&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#mainImage

They have a murcielago roadster here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6290&item=4537681796&rd=1

and a murcielago coupe with no reserve here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6290&item=4537753346&rd=1

A list of all of their vehicles on ebay right now can be found here:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdownersgrovebentley

16. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I've heard good and bad out of this place.....somehow they managed to do 285 million in business last year! Not too sure about that number, but that's just what I hear! I think he is one of those guys that does business and people wonder how he stays in business! IMO he's got too many blemishes out there to risk getting an expensive car from!

My brother in Law got a 3 series BMW from them and had a great experience, and I have an uncle who got a 750il from them and had an aweful experience! Who knows!

J

17. Roderick

Roderick Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    according to public records, Luxury Motors has 38 pending lawsuits

18. I was just there trying to work out a deal on a LX470. Their sales tactics were so fake and the lines they used must have come from the movie 'Used Cars'

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I've been to their lot a few times, and I won't cut through the showroom to get to the outside cars - I'd have to shower after.

It'd be interesting for a prospective customer to ask them to explain why they have 38 pending lawsuits....

I used to represent a car dealer, and I'm surprised that the Secretary of State's police (yes they have their own police force!) hasn't shut them down yet. Usually they're very heavy-handed.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,there is a Secretary of State Police office right on Roosevelt Rd. in Lombard...just minutes away....:)

21. sad11

sad11 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    I bought my 360 from them last month and this is how it went down:

Gave them deposit on Friday. Flew out to Chicago from CA on Saturday
    Car had mismatched tires...the drivers side visor was broken, no tool kit , no car cover. They said they were in the car $146K and at $130K they were losing $16K I didn't believe them but I wanted a 6 Speed and I was over the wait. The brakes were squeeking like crazy they sent the car to some "mechanic" who turned the rotors and hit the front lip and put it on a transport, "no one knows what happenned"...so i get the title in the mail because they didn't have it on hand and the #'s they were talking about were right they paid $146K on the trade 9 months before to some guy in FL who I spoke to that bought a lambo. The belt service was done in feb of 2004 and the dealer didn't even know about it.

Problems to date:
    The tube that connects from the mass air to the upper intake blew off I put it back on, seems fine after 500 + miles.
    Both the recycle and stop button do not engaged
    There is a howl when I take off from first which seems like it is a TO bearing.

Other than that $3,000 + of work that needs to be done the car runs great.

Would I do business with them again....probably not, they give car salesman a bad name, all they care is about moving units, nothing else matters, so if you want to take a chance and get a deal..do not think I got one really then take your chances, but otherwise stay away. It is not like they are any better than say.... Ferrari of San Francisco, who screwed me on a F355 a year ago.

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    It's amazing that no one from Luxury Motors or Bentley Gold Coast, has ever come on FerrariChat to defend themselves.

If they're reputable, they are surely aware of Chat.

Me thinks, they have nothing to defend themselves with!!!

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Or they don't know how to work a PC.
    :)

24. Actually, they use the PC quite a bit in their sales tactics. Going to cars.com, autotrader.com, nada, etc. trying to convince you that you won't find a better price or a better car.

25. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

We here in Chicago are fortunate to have a few highly regarded dealers in Ferraris and other exotics. If you want to be treated, by a dealer, like you are an important and respected part of the purchase process, talk to Continental, Lake Forest or Fox Valley.

Regards,
    Bill