Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    If you want to be treated, by a dealer, like you are an important and respected part of the purchase process, talk to Continental, Lake Forest or Fox Valley.

with the exception of Lake Forest, i've had horrible experiences with these dealers as well!

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    What were your "horrible experiences"?

And why did they occur?

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Almost NO dealer will sell a car for such a substantial loss. They are probably BS'ing you.
    With so many problems, a reputable dealer would probably have wholesaled the car, and washed their hands of it!
    Hopefully, this particular 360 will be rehabbed, straightened out, and provide years of enjoyment.
    This cars early life is such a shame!

4. They used the same BS on me too. They stated a 4grand loss on the vehicle and this is why they can't budge on the price.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LFSC,Continental,and Fox Valley are ALL a bunch of Great guys. I've been stopping in Continental for almost 20 years. Just to "Look"...:) Keith has always been very nice to me. I checked with them,first when it was actually time to buy. They did not have what I wanted at the time,so I went to LFSC. They did,and I bought it from them. All very nice folks who were really nice with me and spent a couple hours with me going over the Car.
    The guys at Fox Vallet also have always been really cool,too. I'd buy another car from any one of these places,no problem.

6. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

my 1995 porsche 968 cabriolet was purchased from them several years ago. no complaints at the time, no complaints today.

for what it's worth.

joe

7. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    Any further details on this?

8. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Traded in my Mercedes for a 93 Porsche 968 coupe. I waited Months to get my title in the mail. I called and called, they never had the title to the car from the previous owner! And couldn't get a hold of him. Bought the car on my birthday(coincidence), December 22 - got the title first week of MAY! I was scared big time over this. They never told me it had a Salvage Title (the car was great for my 2 years not a single problem), but when I traded it in on my Boxster, 6 weeks later I get a call about the Salvaged title per a carfax a wholesaling dealer ran. They demanded $5,000 for the difference on the trade in, they threatened legal action, so I negotiated $2,500 I had to fork over. All this because Luxury Motors didn't have the title and it was listed as "rebuilt" under the mileage when I finally got it. Didn't even know what that meant, kissed the title and mailed it in when I got it. The only good thing is that on that car and most they have - nobody's selling them for cheaper - guess we know why.

9. mustgofaster

mustgofaster Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    West Lakeland, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I purchased my 04 360 Spider from these guys last spring and everything, for the most part, went fine. I traded an H2 and a C5 sight unseen to them with a fair trade value. They must have taken some risk on that as I had my Fcar before my trades were sent from Mpls to them. They were both in perfect condition so no issues on their side. I plopped down the 5K 2 weeks before they could 'source' the car out of Cali and granted I was nervous but everything went fine. Guess I was a lucky one.

10. MoparMuscle

MoparMuscle Karting

Mar 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    sorry to bump such a dated thread but boy am i glad that i found this post. I saw an ad in a magazine today about this place and checked their website out. they have fantastic prices on cars (particulary e60 and e65 bimmers). its such a dissapointment seeing how they screw people over. this really should be a sticky imo so no one makes a mistake in dealing with them.

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Did they purchase the Motorwerks dealer in Schaumburg on Golf Road? Their signs have taken their place so Im guessing yes? Nothing but Benz's in the lot (apart from one H2 an one Maser) so they bought the building, remaining inventory? Anyone in the area? I guess I might have to check it out.

RocketBoy

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I wonder if these are all U.S. spec. Cars? I am looking through one of the Automobile magazines that I just bought. It is from England. The prices over there look to be very low....I don't know what the Exchange Rate is for Dollars Vs. Euro's. (Or British Pounds...Is Britain on the Euro now? ) But,it almost looks like someone could go over there,buy these cars cheap,and sell them over here..........?

13. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Trust me on this one....ANYTHING that has to do with Luxury Motors is bad news! I wouldn't buy ANY car that had anything to do with Luxury Motors, even if it just rolled through the lot! The odds of getting a good car and the title too....well you'd be better off playing the lotto! The one guy that wrote that they took his 2 cars in on trade sight unseen, just goes to show that they don't care what they buy. They just want to move inventory and get their "one time customer" to get their name out there. I guess I can see the appeal with their flashy web site and print adds in every car magazine, the unsuspecting buyer would be impressed,but hopefully people will log on here and check out the feedback

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank, the UK isn't using Euros.

As of right now, 1.00 GBP = 1.80836 USD.

15. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    They didn't purchase the MW building in Hoffman, they simply share the space now. I live in Hoffman Estates and wondered the samething as well, so I went in and asked. Do you live in the area? If so, where are you at?

Walter

16. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    My Mercedes mechanic confirmed that Joe Abbas (Luxury Motors & GCB)
    took over that lot on Golf. It wil be a matter of time before he drags down anyone that partners up with him. Joe goes to the Mercedes sales in Pennsylvania and buys truckloads of benzs. He also has his salesmen calling FSBO's out the paper to buy cars. All they care about is the $200 spiff for finding the car. Their motto should be "we have quantity, not quality here".

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    And most of their salesmen look like members of the Cosa Nostra.

Part of the winter 'uniform' is usually a black leather jacket.

18. Darius

Darius Rookie

May 9, 2006
    I am thinking of buying 360 spider , anybody bought Ferrari from them ?

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since people were getting screwed over with BMWs/Mercs/etc.. I'm willing to bet they know even less in the Ferrari field. I'd suggest staying away. If they have a lower price, there is a reason. For the Chicago area stick to LFSC (Lake Forest Sports Cars) or Continental, those guys know how to treat you right!

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Really. Just drive a few miles EAST on Ogden Av. and about 1/2 mile past York Rd. and you'll find Continental Autosports on the south side of the street. They even have a Red/Tan 430 Spider available now! Be one of the first to have one of those baby's!

In this area, too, is Fox Valley Motorcars on North Av.., (RT.64) in West Chicago. They may have something there for you too.

Here are all of their websites.

www.continentalautosports.com

www.lfsc.com

www.foxvalleymotorcars.com

21. allegretto

allegretto Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2006
    Chicago Area
    Full Name:
    Herman
    1) You cannot trust what they tell you, you have to take the car to a body shop, they will lie
    2) they are not italian, they are MiddleEastern, every one of them
    3) they will love you and leave you

The other guys are right. If you want a Ferrari, go a few miles East, or LFSC on Waukegan. I prefer Continental, but either way...

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes, I keep looking around their place for Intermodal Shipping Containers.....:)

23. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    Sound advice.

24. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I hate to be the guy who shouts "do a search!", but there has been a lot discussed in these parts about those guys...
    With such a poor reputation (LM), and soooo many 360s around, take your 120-200K somewhere with a good reputation.

25. Darius

Darius Rookie

May 9, 2006
    I took a chance and bought 2002 black 360 spider from Bentley Gold Coast. I don't know guys, but the car is excellent and Mitch Anderson was absolutely first class. I bought few nice vehicles in the last couple of years and this has to be the best car buying experience I had. Maybe these guys not as bad as everyone saying. I am an actual customer with Ferrari from them and have only good things to say.