Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Consider yourself lucky!

God must have been watching over you.........

2. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    He's not out of the water yet- the car's still in the wrapper (so to speak).

3. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Seeing how lucky you got..... You should go buy a lotto ticket now.

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    SHAZZZZAM!!! That's like winning a game of Russian Roulette when playing with an autoloader!!! Congratulations are in order!

Or... maybe there's more to the story.

5. Darius

Darius Rookie

May 9, 2006
    The story is very simple I had Porsche 993tt and M3 Cab to trade and they gave me better price than Ferrari dealer for my cars. Took the car to Giovanni from Autosprint .(by the way after meeting him I can say that he is such a class act a total pro). and he could not find any problems whatsoever. I am just questioning some of the comments towards LM because I feel that a lot of this coming from people who actually never dealt with them or jus heard or were told things. I am not defending anyone, but jus stating the actual facts of my purchase from this company. In any case I have a car I always wanted and maybe I will be meeting and seeing you guys around in the near future. Thanks

6. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Darius,

Giovanni has a very good reputation.

I am sincerely pleased to hear that you are happy with your transaction. I do not have a personal axe to grind, I do however, have objections to their history of less than professional actions. The many complaints, from reliable sources, that echo my own face to face experiences with them, mean that my opinions are based on more than just hearsay. My only interest in voicing a negative opinion regarding LM's behaviors, is to save their prospective "marks" the trouble, they might otherwise, unwittingly incur and time/money they might needlessly waste.

Regards,
    Bill

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    One of our members here worked for LM, so we know some of the inside dope!

Also, I know of a very well known dealership that was leasing them space in the northwest burbs.

LM was eventually kicked out, once the leasing dealership learned of their nefarious ways.

8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Motorwerks? I know them very well.

9. minty99z

minty99z Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Oh the STORIES Ive heard about Luxury Motors while I worked for Lexus for 5 years! The inside stories from auctions and why the buy the cars they buy and why they PURPOSELY buy the Screwed up cars with problems. A VERY high percentage of the cars they pick up from auctions have paint problems or mechanical problems because they have cheap hacks to fix them and sell them quickly to suckers who are buying that type of car for the first time. I have friends who were there at MANY of auctions to witness the crap these guys have bought.
    Take it from someone with INSIDE info on their buying habits.

STAY FAR AWAY!

10. Enthusiast

Enthusiast Rookie

Oct 18, 2004
    Wilmington
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    I know this thread is a little old, but I thought I would share my experience. I was considering purchasing a car from the used car department at one time. I was going to travel a great distance (NC to Chicago) to get the car in question. I put down a $2k deposit via credit card to hold the car until I made the trip there to get it. I also borrowed a friends 30Ft, enclosed trailer.

Well to make a long story short, I called the next day to verify everything was good and they told me sorry the car is being sold to someone else. They said that they had it on Ebay and they had a higher bid on Ebay so they wouldn't sell me the car anymore. Despite the $2k deposit I had already put down that was supposed to "hold the car." Not to mention the guy was very rude and short with me the entire time I talked with him on the phone. His manager got on the phone at one point, and the rudeness came from the top right on down the chain.

In the end I am glad I didn't buy the car, come to find out it had some issues. Another interested buyer contacted me and told me he had it inspected and told me of some issues. It had an aftermarket supercharger and was going through belts regularly. The really funny part of this story is, I contacted the Ebay high bidder and informed them of the problems the car was having and the way they handled my attempt at buying the car. The high bidder ended up not buying the car either, haha.

So to sum it up, Crooks, scammers, con-artists, and Jerks.

11. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    It is amazing that in these times of stringent business practice laws, LM continues on.
    I personally purchased an ML 350 from them in the spring. It supposedly had navigation. When viewing the car, I was told that the disc was missing and would be replaced. I unfortunately left the lot with the vehicle and trusted their statements. The sales rep tried the get the navigation to work on my way out. Of course the car did not have Navigation. They did offer to split the cost with me at $2200 for their share. The dealer would have charged $1800 for the entire job. I got tired of dealing with their lieing and passing of the buck. I was never put through to Joe Abba. I do not have the time to deal with their tactics. Joe is very well protected. I do have a friend at the Secretary of State's office. I may take another run at them.
    In addition, a couple of years past, I looked at a 355 on their lot. Luckily it cracked an exhaust manifold while it was warming. I did as prescribed and bought another 355 from a reputable party. I should have learned then.
    Moral of the story:
    1. Bad things happen to bad people.
    2. Only dumb people buy from them. (AS someone stated earlier)
    3. When you lose your integrity, what's left?

12. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well, I am truly sorry that neither of you, had seen our words of warning here, prior to becoming involved with them. It is amazing that they can remain in business and that Bentley and other manufacturers allow themselves to be represented by a group such as Bentley Gold Coast/Luxury Motors/Bentley Downers Grove.

13. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They also just received Lamborghini franchise.
    That one seem to fit the image though....

14. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I believe someone mentioned they're the perfect dealership that tailors to the (stereotypical) rapper community. I'd say that pretty much fits the profile.

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    You better do your homework on these guys. Google them and you'll run from these guys. I strongly believe that uniformed people buy from them and some get lucky, but most get burned with salvaged, rebuilt or seriously delayed titles, if not messed-up cars. I spent time chatting with them and the price of the car changed twice and the carfax was a friggin' disaster with miles and dates not lining-up. There are far better people to buy from than this middle-eastern piece of garbage.

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Is it just their LM branded dealerships. I haven't heard anything necessarily back about Bentley GC.

17. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    They're the same... just hiding under another name.

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sorry my question was worded poorly. What I meant to ask was are the customers at BGC treated any better and are the cars any better than their other LM locations?

19. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    An analogy comes to mind, from a story related by the famous lecturer on religion, myth and mythology, Joseph Campbell. I will loosely paraphrase, because I can not find the story to quote directly from.

It involves an alligator and IIRC a rabbit. The rabbit was wanting to cross a river, when approached by a openly helpful alligator, who offers to take him across the river on his back. The rabbit declines, saying that the knows the alligator will simply snap him up and eat him, as soon as he gets on his back. The alligator responds assuringly, that he has had more than plenty to eat on this particular morning and honestly felt no hunger or desire to eat the rabbit, repeatedly promising to deliver the rabbit safely to the other side. The rabbit finally agrees to get on the alligator's back and ride across. Everything seems to be going fine until approximately the midpoint of the trip, when the gator flips the rabbit in the air snaps him into his mouth and eats him. The moral is, you can't expect a creature to go against their nature. Even though the gator was stuffed full of food, he still couldn't stop himself from eating the rabbit.

IMHO, even though they may have gotten to a point, where their acquired money, perception of prestige, business traffic and some honesty could carry them to a higher level, their low life nature, will repeatedly re-surface (like the scum in a smelting pot) in all of their endeavors, tainting all buisness that they may choose to involve themselves in.

Steer a wide course around Luxury Motors / Bentley Gold Coast / Bentley Downers Grove and any other shadow they may choose to lurk in.

20. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    You wonder how they stay in business?

Hair gel my friends...Hair gel! Buys it, sells it, drinks it all day long! Waxes the floors with it, lubes up that damn blond who sites in the window and stares with it.

If you want to see how desperate they are, send them an Email(about a car for sale) and let the fun begin! Anyone have an updated outstanding lawsuit list?

21. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    LM advertises like crazy... so they pick up a lot of interest that way.
    A friend of mine is looking for a low miles 02-04 996 Convert. Check Cars.com... ALL of those listed (at least last week) were @ LM.

22. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    I've heard they spend more than $500,000 in advertising PER MONTH! With full page ads in Road & Track, Car & Driver, SkyMall, Privatr Air, etc, I don't doubt it anymore.

23. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    With that kind of spending perhaps I may be able to grab some of those advertising dollars for my site.

24. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Walter, usually they don't spend $$ on anything that doesn't have a min of 150k readers/month or unique web visits/month. But it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

25. FXFerrari

FXFerrari Rookie

Jan 12, 2007
    Where sun does shine
    Full Name:
    Mike Zaring
    Wow, what a long thread… and all just because of one dealership.

My experience with them is mixed.

Long time ago, when I first came to Midwest region I bought a BMW from them and my partner at a time bought a MB E-series, all done in the same day, I had a trade which they took without even looking at it, so that was no problem.

Now, let me take it one step back, right in front of us, there was a customer who came from Cleveland to purchase a 7-series BMW that he put a deposit for and it was sold, and let me tell you – he was pissed. They tried to put him into another 7, but it had a dent in the drivers door, well, poor guy end up buying it because he didn’t want to waste a trip.

My BMW end up being just fine, price was fair, and I was happy. My partner, however, had many problems with his Benz. Besides him being slightly rear-ended on our way home his timing chain broke, (Benz dealer was shocked) and sent half of the engine south costing him nice pocket change to rebuild it. He later traded it in to S-Benz, which runs fine until nowadays.