Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I was looking at a newer AMG so decided to check out this place.
    I get there and they offer me test drives.
    This guy is spinning the tires on the car as he pulls it up.
    Now how stupid can you be to abuse the car in front of a potential buyer?
    One of the AMGs I test drove had the Check Engine light on.
    When I asked him about the light he said "It's better you caught the check engine light during the test drive and not after buying it"
    Very rude and obnoxious staff.
    So I thanked him for wasting my time and wished him luck on finding someone stupid to buy the car.

2. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    hey insane its me ultralord from chicagoz.com but yea i have heard some shady things from luxury things from flipping back the odometer to selling wrecked cars w/o telling owners. i bought my car there but my dad is good friends with joe abbas the owner in fact my dad is building his mansion in burr ridge and he made shure i didnt get a bogus car. and yea the guys there are kinda crazy when i asked to test drive my car they just threw me the keys and told me to keep it under 180 lol

3. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    I think you did the best thing having had work there I know all you said is true and if they have a deposit on it if they have a customer right then and there they will sell it to him despite the deposit.I know they been trying to change that but cash is what talks..You know how it is..

4. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    You all would be surprise I worked there some times we had this issue alot and sometimes all they would do is send it to there friend/relative who service there cars and they do something to turn the light off untill the customer buys them.They said once they offer all this insurance warranty it is crap because that one sales said they offer all this but once the customer leaves and they dont see the tailights of the cars they dont know you...So do your reserch.It varies by location but be carefull have had worked there I can tell you that if you plan to buy from there do it but from the Ohare location the one in franklin park that locations is owned by diffrent people so they do service there cars and carry awsome cars.Unless things changed but doubt it.

5. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    I know what all of you guys are talking have had worked there I worked for 1 year and got fired without a reason.But I was told because my husband use 2 work there and change company due to verval abuse.So they took it upon me and ended up firing me after 1 yr working hard over 115 degrees outside at the roof shooting pictures almost fainting,working hard to get my studio lights,My floor for the pictures and for some one to just come along and due to envy got me fired,Luxury Motors staff is nothing but money money and prefrences to sertin people.There is a lot of awsome,honest and great people you will be surprise they are a few.But I also seen how they do run a carfax on everycar so they know what they get.Some cars are in some sort of bad condition,needs service and they just dont pay attention to that or at least at my location,They kinda started servecing like the bentley's,Infiniti's but its rare..So do a carfax first regards licence and plates I know they do take along time due to alot of work the girls get mixed up or sometimes its a little as mistake such as a wrong number on the vin mistake from finance that you will not get it,untill tey get a word.If you call and they are out busy not true most of the times they avoid the calls..But Luxury do have like one of the cheapest cars every but remember there is a lot of risks involved.So analys and ask questions and make everything clear so you wont get cought up in all that crap.If anyone knows of a lawyer I can get to file a lawsuit against my ex gm and the comp.let me know pls..

6. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    I worked there and we found out a couple of weeks ago that Bentley dealership is shutting down the real reason is unknown even to us the employees.Some say for remodelation,some say they shut it down but u never know ur wish is granted..Some sales are gone some are rerouted.O by the way I use to work no longer since I got fired for no reason..So as you all see this is not only to customers but employee's

7. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    They have not shut them down because they are very heavy in every way it is very hard to get an attourney to file against them because they know half of them, alot of the police force know them and help out,you guys would be very surprise.Why do u think that they are bicomeing like one person told me a big huge monster.Very sad

8. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    lol very funny you know what they are in there own world thats why.they dont wanna see more than what there eyes wanna see so that is sad..I agree with you

9. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    I worked there and there expensive cars like this is for the most part goor but if you want a great expirience and not gamble with your buy go else were like Fox Valley and Lamburg Chicago at downers.You would be treated right and no gambiling there..

10. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    This is true there is some thing hiding i know people there and more I just cant speak,but go else were mabey Fox Valley or Lamb chicago or other well good dealer..

11. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    It is so funny because my husband use to work there a couple years ago and they stated it was gona get shut down because the lease expired and the owner of the place was going to use it but this clears my doubt..

12. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Word is, they lie about a lot of stuff.

13. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    I know they do I use to work for the company and just got fired yesterday for no reason or I should say for the stuppest reason ever..Because my husband quit this company and moved to a diffrent company who treats him great and not only him but the customers.I know some stuff that goes not all cuz I guess to many to know lol you know...So if any one can recomend a lawyer pls do so I would appreciate..
    Gabby

14. Master Deep

Master Deep Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    I heard about all the bad experiences but went there to look at cars for fun (was looking to buy but not from this dealer for sure). Our salesman was kind've shady, and they have like 4 or 5 different lots scattered all over the place. The Porters had to sprint across Ogden Ave. to get to some of the lots. That's not even legal not to mention dangerous since most people go like 50 down the road. lol

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Their 'modus operandi' is buy now; they don't care about your repeat business.

They'll rape you enough on your first purchase, they don't need you to buy from them again.

Their motto is taken directly from P.T. Barnum; there's a sucker born everyday!

16. gabby80

gabby80 Rookie

Feb 27, 2007
    True A good while ago I think it was a porter this was an older person he was getting across the street to the other lot your talking about and Ogden is a very buisy street and well when they say frog you have to jump as quick as you can or they snap..lol well this person got hit and trown a couple feet away.He had some surgey with hi leggs.and he messed up something.He was going to need more surgeries.But the good thing the owner paid all the bills and was giving him his monthley check..Wonder Why???!!!

17. minty99z

minty99z Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    Illinois
    did anyone of the last 10 posters graduate from 6th grade? You talk like hillbillies who can't even spell!

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Let's see; you started a sentence with a lower case 'd'???

Oh, and let's not forget this post of yours; notice anything wrong?

#84 09-14-2006, 07:34 PM
    minty99z
    Karting
    Not Subscribed Join Date: Mar 2006

"Oh the STORIES Ive heard about Luxury Motors while I worked for Lexus for 5 years! The inside stories from auctions and why the buy the cars they buy and why they PURPOSELY buy the Screwed up cars with problems. A VERY high percentage of the cars they pick up from auctions have paint problems or mechanical problems because they have cheap hacks to fix them and sell them quickly to suckers who are buying that type of car for the first time. I have friends who were there at MANY of auctions to witness the crap these guys have bought.
    Take it from someone with INSIDE info on their buying habits.

STAY FAR AWAY!"

Now, what were you saying about the previous 10 posters!

It appears that you didn't make it through 1st grade, asshat.

19. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    plus this is fchat not grammarchat i think just as long as we get the idea of what were saying its ok

20. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Just look at some of his previous posts.

Misspellings, poor grammar and wrong punctuation; or lack thereof.

Nuf' said!

Minty, you've made a fool of yourself. :eek:

21. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Not real sure why you are making fun of him, when I noticed the same thing. Who the hell spelz like diz? There always has to be one grammar junkie on a board. I haven't been here in awhile, and he might be annoying to you, but you're pretty annoying when you break out your spell check!

22. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I've got carfax right now as I'm going to buy a used car. I've been checking out some LM cars for fun....Cars in Accidents, "possible" Curbstoning(posing as a private seller) and I'm sure if I went further I could find some with hair gel damage! I put the Vin number in on a Volvo V70R and it was a car I had already checked....And I know it wasn't from LM! Seems like all the exotics have clean faxs, but Its strange to see a band new F430 with 2,000miles with 4 owners from all over the country....Or a 50K mile Bentley whose last odometer check was at 120 miles.

23. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Maybe you need to use spell check; I don't!

24. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Its mindless speed typing....Sometimes drunk, sometimes high, sometimes with a hooker attached to your knob. ha

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    :)