Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Man, this thread is like herpes...
    flairs up from time to time, and can be painful (so I've been told!)

2. minty99z

minty99z Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    Illinois

Oh, you are comparing my mistake of missing a keystroke for the word "they" and typing "the" to people who don't make sense when speaking? I think I will stay clear of whatever county handed you a passing test in english composition. STAY FAR AWAY.....For the record, my post was about the spelling of the previous posts made, not the punctuation as much. I didn't think someone could put together thoughts in such a backwards way. It's amazing I understood what he was talking about at all.

wait wait wait...

You work for Luxury Motors I bet?

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    No, you made a comment wondering if the "previous 10 posters made it through 6th grade". I was 1 of the previous 10 posters!

Insult to insult; so to speak!

I suggest you 'hit the hay' now, you're beginning to annoy me! :D

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    While I was on a recent trip out to Las Vagas for Business, and to contribute to their local economy. :( I saw that...and you knew it was bound to happen eventually....Luxury Motors now as a location in Vegas, (Henderson, actually.) Now THATS a good place for them! Perfect match! More Greeezy and even more questionable....

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    How do they do it??

I guess the axiom, 'There's a sucker born everyday', is true.

For every 1 positive, there seems to be 20 negatives against them. Plus, the lawsuits against them just keep piling up!

Check this out.

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Bentley-Downers-Grove-Luxury-Motors-review-16961/

It's really sad that so many keep getting sucked in by these maggots!!

6. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    Wow. They seem to not have a very good reputation..
    I know some people who are customers from them and I never heard of them say negative stuff about LM.

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    JUST WAIT!

8. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    their salesmen look like characters straight out of an SNL skit... with their shirts unbuttoned and gold chains showing.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! No Doubt! "Ricooooooo. Suavaaaaaaaaaa!!!" :)

"Hey Baaay-Beee! Wanna take a ride in my Lamborghini!" With the overwhelming smell of too much Paco Raban permeating the air.....Gold Chains jingle-jangle-dangling.....Greezy fingerprints from hair gel all over EVERYTHING!!!!!.....:)

10. LMSales

LMSales Rookie

Jan 8, 2008
    Hello Everyone,

I just found this little chat here, I work for Luxury Motors (hence the name) and I created this name just because I was so interested in what I read. I have a couple of things to say.

1. Just to let you know: The way we buy the cars are through an auction. We run the VIN through Carfax, they give us the same information that they give you. If it doesnt state that the car was in an accident then we don't know that. When we take your car in on trade we do the research, carfax, then we check autotrader and cars.com, we look for the least expensive car out there because thats what we have to be, then we have to decide what we will purchase your car for. Like every other business we are in it to make money. We look at everything, including tires, smoker, sunroof(options), scratches, etc. So if you buy a car from us do your research too. Dont be mad because you didnt want to spend $25 dollars on a carfax report on a 100k car and it was in an accident. And yes there is cars with accidents once in a while, its life and stuff like this happens. If you crash your car how would you feel if you could never sell it again. Thats why we take them in, because for every car there is a buyer. These cars are worth less and when we do have one with an accident thats how we sell it. In any case if you are interested in buying a car from us we will usually supply you with a carfax. Maybe not for a whole list of cars but if you are a serious buyer we have nothing to hide.

2. You guys write these horrible reviews about how bad our cars are, you have to realize that we rehab these cars. Often times we order plastics for inside, fix door dings, replace tires, and sometimes repaint bumpers if it is negotiated in the deal, because we want you to be aware of the problems that the car has, thats how we get them, thats probably how you guys return them to a dealer who then loses on it sends it to an auction and then we buy it.

3. Yes, we do high volume, sales people want to sell you a car right away, they have families, mortgages, expenses, just as you do. Obviously some of you have not worked in sales, or wouldnt be able to handle supporting your families on pure commission. Depending on where you go and how you treat the salesperson you will either be treated with respect and get the truth or you will be degrading and pompus to the salesperson and you yourself will not be treated as nice. Treat us like your friend and thats how you will be treated. You will like you experience alot more.

4. Music , yes it can be a little annoying at times but it is what keeps us up all day and makes us somewhat energetic and excited when you come in and want to buy a vehicle, or when you call.

In conclusion, if you have any questions or concerns reply to this or PM me. If you see something you like and want to know the condition of it or something along the lines, PM me, once agian I have nothing to hide.

- RK

11. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Well, Say what you will, but LM seems very successful. I thought I saw another dealership along I94?

12. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I suggest you read more of what your customers have to say here http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Bentley-Downers-Grove-Luxury-Motors-review-16961/

Can they all be wrong?

13. LMSales

LMSales Rookie

Jan 8, 2008
    Im not at all trying to justify our faults but you have to understand some things and that Luxury Motors is more of a wholesale lot. Unless you are buying a new car it will not be perfect. And I promise you that. I will read what people say but for all negative comments everyone made I guarantee you that there are more positive ones out there. Because most people only comment if their service was not up to par. As for dealerating.com, I will check out what people say. But like with every business and occupation there are good and bad experiences. Obviously everyone has their own reputation. If Luxury Motors had a bad enough reputation no one would buy cars from them. The business started out with only 5 cars. Now there is over 10 dealerships with over 2500 cars. And its not stopping. Luxury Motors is getting more and more franchises. Instead of negotiating the price why dont you negotiate the car. Just a word of wisdom. Try it and you will be happier than ever. Make sure you do your research. Price is not always everything.

Once again im only a salesperson here and I deal with every customer like its family. Maybe you just stumbled upon someone who didnt treat you right.

-RK

14. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    This is gonna get good. Looks like I better run to the grocery store and stock up on the popcorn!

15. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    well i'll at least give you credit for sticking your neck out here. LM/BGC has been reluctant to post publically on f-chat. if i recall correctly, the last guy that tried was shut down by the mods in like 22 minuites. (something to do with claiming he had six ferrari enzo's for sale)

welcome aboard and good luck... :)

joe

16. Linus77

Linus77 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    IJ
    Late November I looked at three cars at Luxury Motors, each at a different location; LM Downers Grove, Bentley Gold Coast and Infiniti Gold Coast. This was semi-intentional as they consistently advertised low prices. So I said to myself, "lets see what's going on here" and scheduled 3 appointments - looking at an E55, a 911 and a CLK.

The fact that the prices were so low - by itself raises a red flag, at least in my book. How is this dealership able to consistently advertise cars for well below what most of them are going for?

That should be anyone's first question, right?

You can do this yourself by going to Autotrader.com, searching for a late model Mercedes. You'll notice that if you sort by price ascending for example, all the Luxury Motors' cars are at the top. You can use zip 60661 if you want to try this.

Here's my review:

1st Location: Infiniti Gold Coast.

The car: I looked at an '04 blk/blk MB E55. Tires were worn our in the front. Tires were also low on air. Check engine light was on. Drove the car. It shimmied and the traction control light kept blinking (due to the tires being low on air I'm guessing). Car was not the cleanest. This isn't what you'd expect from a late model E55. It was pretty bad.

The salesman: Young eastern European gentlemen, nicely dressed and was professional. Not high pressure. I don't remember his name.

The dealership and ambiance: Seemed like a normal Infiniti dealership but I did notice some of the other sales types mentioned in the thread. To me it was more funny than annoying. Stereotypical used car salesmen.

2nd Location: Bentley Gold Coast

The car: 997, silver/black, only had 12k miles(?). Car drove fine. I didn't see any problems with it. But again, considering the price, I would have a PPI done at an authorized Porsche dealer.

The salesman: Roland. I think he was Italian, definitely not middle eastern. Nice enough guy. His appearance was sort of Las Vegas and with the hair gel and all. However, I wasn't planning on asking him out on a date! (I prefer the female species thank you) I was looking for a car. He was courteous, had the car pulled out front and ready to go for me. I was 20 minutes late and he had no issues.

The dealership and ambiance: Its a Bentley dealership. It was nice. A bit tacky but no big deal. The sales types did seem a bit like "Goodfellas" no offense, but again, not a huge deal, didn't pose an issue for me and I'm on the conservative, low key side of appearance and demeanor.

3rd Location: Luxury Motors in Downers Grove

The car: Any CLK55. Not even worth driving. The exterior by itself didn't seem in good shape.

The salesman: Older middle eastern guy. Seemed out of his element. Hard sell. Didn't know a thing about cars. Tried to talk me into looking at C240 and basically every other car they had. I came to look at a CLK55. Guy was a total ****** bag and kept talking and talking and talking and not listening to a word I said. I started to get frustrated when he asked me to sit down while he searched his inventory and found a few in Las Vegas. He again started suggesting other cars, I have this, I have that. I managed to sit patiently and gave him a shot while repeating what I was looking for: A CLK55 an E55 or an 911 possibly.

The dealership and ambiance: This was bad. Other salesmen were straight out of the movie "Boiler Room" with their attitudes which I noticed while I was waiting around. My sales guy was a total nutcake. It was really over the top. Copious amounts of hair gel must a be a prerequisite to working here. Seriously, I'm not kidding - I really do think this is part of the interview process:

Interviewer: "How much hair gel do you wear?"

Interviewee: "A decent amount"

Interviewer: "Do you really want the job?"

Interviewee: "Yes, I will take this commission only job and report to work everyday to get treated like crap by my manager...So long as I have Wed, Thurs, Friday off to go to the dance club."

Interviewer: "Are you prepared to wear more hair gel if required?"

Interviewee: "Um, yeah, I gue...."

Interviewer: "You are?" "Okay good! you are hired! Remember, its commission only and we recommend you spend at least 1/5 of your first commission check on more hair gel."

They walked around like they were major players on Wall street. Pinstripe mafioso suits and enough attitude to make Donald friggin' Trump seem like a lowly downtown Chicago apartment leasing agent. The music was super tacky club/techno and was played up by the cheesy faux marble floors and Greek columns. It just seemed S-H-A-D-Y through and through. I wouldn't buy anything from these guys, very pimp/drug dealer style about them.

So basically:

1) The goofy appearance of the salespeople can range from mildly comical in most cases to ridiculous. That said, frustration stems from getting an incompetent, desperate salesperson. Its a commission only job guys - do you think its that hard to work there?

2) The cars - buyer beware. I would be super careful. Regardless of what location you choose.

What I find out:

My salesperson at the Infiniti location said in so many words after I probed a bit and told him there was no way I was going to buy this E55. He looked defeated and said: "We sell cars cheap because we don't service or recondition them. You get what you get, as is no warranty. It saves us a ton but we also sell for less. We get a lot of [re: African American] buyers with poor credit..."

Conclusion: I would not buy from this dealership unless I found a rare car and had a PPI done from an authorized dealer.

17. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Truer words have never been posted! Such a simple concept, yet 99% of the potential buyers out there refuse to do this and insist on negotiating the dollar amount!

And I too give LMSales credit for posting. I think he may be trying to IMPROVE LM's reputation, and reaching out to some of the more hardcore exotic enthusiasts instead of only the people who want fancy cars. He is also the only one from LM who participated in some of our Lambo Club events. Unfortunately, I missed some of those events, but the other times I have met him, he has been more than pleasant.

Sure, LM has a less than perfect reputation, but the fact remains, there are deals to be had there. All one has to do is do their due dilligence as they should with ANY car transaction.

18. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Joe,

I think you are thinking of the "MDM Eurotics" situation a while back. What a fiasco that was!

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Well.....I am a 19 year high end dealer....and I have tried to buy cars from LM a couple of times until the light bulb went on.....the place gives me the heebee jeebees and will not go near it again......

They inspect nothing, it is a "wash and park" dealership. I was also told that by their sales manager and also determined that myself by asking numerous pointed questions......3 of the cars I looked at over the last year were the following......salvage, flood and an accident title......3 out of 3.....all Porsches.....not bad eh ? The sales people are useless and have absolutely zero product knowledge or people skills IMHO and I don't have any respect for the "management" I spoke with either.

The truth is not libelous.

20. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    LM is out to make sales, not repeat customers....PERIOD!

Since Continental gave up their RR/Bentley franchise and LM got it, I won't even buy parts from them. Sheesh, I wish John had built that extra showroom!

After you've paid the piper, their relationship with you ends, unless you'll be seeing them in court! :D

21. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Funny, I haven't heard any.

Also, out of curiosity, do the salesmen at Luxury Motors put an entire bottle of hair gel on every morning as a personal choice, or is it a requirement of Luxury Motors? How do they obtain that "forehead constantly covered in sweat" look? Why are their jaws always clenched?

22. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick

What do you mean by negotiating the car instead of the price? Just a little lost on that concept.

23. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THIS COMPANY! For half of a year I worked as a sales person for Luxury Motors Downers Grove and then briefly at their Franklin Park location as it was just opening. I was fresh out of college and neither LFSC or Continental were hiring so I took a job with LM. My thought process was they move a lot of product so what the hell. Luckily, another opportunity came up and I left. My advice for anyone looking to buy a BMW, Porsche, MB, Jag, Range Rover, etc., is to look else where! When I was working there only a very small percentage of their inventory wasn't complete garbage. Do yourself a favor and get your luxury car from Motor Werks, Imperial Motors, The Porsche Exchange, Autohaus on Edens, Fields, etc. Luxury Motors advertises their cars for slightly less money, which can lure people in easily I understand. SPEND A LITTLE MORE FOR A GREAT QUALITY CAR FROM A REPUTABLE DEALERSHIP! By the way it has been a couple of years since my Luxury Motors employment and I'm still trying to wash out all the hair gel and I have a collection of pinstriped suites collecting dust in my closet.

24. LMSales

LMSales Rookie

Jan 8, 2008

What I mean by this process is to not worry about the price, you are already getting a great price if you shopped around and you ended up at Luxury. You have to negotiate the car: meaning check if it has nice tires(if not tell them you want new ones or ones from a different vehicle, check the rims and if they are scratched they can be fixed. Next check the exterior, if it is dirty and you cant see dents and other things(they have a lot of inventory and dont have time to wash cars everyday) tell them to give it a quick rinse down. Make sure they fix any lights or anything that has to be done.

NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART AND SOMETHING I DO FOR MY CUSTOMERS:

IF THE CAR IS UNDER WARENTY I HAVE THE CAR SENT TO THE DEALERSHIP TO MAKE SURE IT HAS NO RECALLS OR ANY PROBLEMS, MAJORITY OF DEALERSHIPS WONT CHARGE YOU ANYTHING AND IF THE CAR HAS BEEN IN A BAD ACCIDENT THEN THE WARENTY WILL BE VOIDED. IF ITS SOMETHING SMALLER THEN IT IS UNDER FULL WARENTY. ALSO IF I HAVE A CUSTOMER OUT OF STATE THEN I WILL ACTUALLY GO OUT TO THE CAR AND DESCRIBE IT OVER THE PHONE, ALL DENTS, DINGS, CHIPS, TIRE CONDITION, RIM CONDITION, WINDOWS, BUTTONS, LEATHER, TRUNK, SPARE, BOOKS, # OR KEYS. ALSO YOU CAN CALL A CAR TICKET DEALERSHIP AND REQUEST SERVICE HISTORY BY RUNNING THE VIN, ALSO THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO TELL YOU THE EXACT OPTIONS. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT ALL VEHICLES THAT HAVE BEEN IN ACCIDENTS ARE BAD CARS. YES SALVAGE, WATER, AND FRAME DAMAGE ARE BAD. YOU HAVE TO THINK A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THIS, IF THE CAR HAS BEEN IN A BAD ACCIDENT THEN THE AIR BAGS WOULD HAVE DEPLOYED, MEANING THAT WOULD NOT BE A SMART PURCHASE, THE HAIR GEL THING I CANT COMMENT ON BECAUSE IT IS MORE PROFESIONAL TO BE CLEAN CUT AND WEAR SOMETHING NICE WHEN YOUR CUSTOMER IS MAKING THE SECOND BIGGEST PURCHASE OF HIS LIFE(1ST BEING HIS HOME)

So all in all you just have to be a smart shopper. If you are confused about anything and the salesman doesnt know what its used for or something, then just use the owners manual. Common sense.

I actually work at the Saab Downers Grove Luxury Motors. So some of you might be confusing me with other people, not a problem. I know how things are run at Luxury Motors Downers Grove, its a little hectic. Also I will not try justify you leaving a deposit and your car being sold when you come. I would not be thrilled about that either. But sometimes that happens, tell your sales person that you need to be informed at all times about that. And as common as this sounds to fellow posters, Luxury does sell a lot of cars and sometimes there is 3 or 4 people looking to buy the same car. So yes it does happen at Luxury Motors Downers Grove that you will leave a deposit and the car will be sold because LM protects their butt by saying that "the deposit holds the price not the car."

Majority of people are happy when they purchase the car from us, but like with every dealership problems will arise. And since we probably sell 5 or 10 times the amount of cars that other dealerships do. You hear cases as these much more often.

To the person that said "LM is out to make sales and not repeat customers." You could not be any more incorrect. I am not trying to make fun of you or anything along those lines. But majority of my customers are repeat customers and referrals. I stand by my product, because I know what I am selling, if there is a problem with it you will know. Yes some salespeople will try to sell you anything and wont think about you twice after the sale. But others like me do not want to be in sales for the rest of their lives. And I think if you help people out then they will do the same.

And as much as you all might hate this dealership, I believe that if you did the research and had the right salesperson you will be more than thrilled about the vehicle you get and will be very appreciative about the deal you received.

I work at Saab Downers Grove and if you guys/girls need anything, I will be more than happy to check it out and make the right phone calls to help you out. And thats with any inventory from any store.

Thanks for listening and hope this helps you guys out when purchasing you next car. If you need to reach me PM me with your number and I will give you a call. I am hesitent to give my number out on a forum.

Once again thanks, have to go to sell a Black/Auburn 2007 550I with 16k miles for $48 Ha Ha, lookin for some replies on this long post.

25. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    I looked at and bought (and subsequently successfully returned) a car there...

While I was negotiating on a car, they informed me that they had a customer on the phone, right now, willing to pay full price. I said great! Don't want to stand in the way of that, let them have it. 3 minutes later, guy on the phone changed his mind.

I picked out a 996. Bumper was misaligned, asked to have it put on a lift, and they were very accomodating.

On the lift, I found that BOTH front/rear bumpers were misaligned. Asked for the carfax, showed 2 accidents. Go figure, I still bought it, for a hefty price decrease. I had them put in writing, that I would get a PPI AFTER the sale, and if not satisfactory, I could return the car. They actually allowed it. They really want the sales.

Car got home, motor starting squealing. PPI showed extensive damage, yada, yada. I cancelled the check, and returned the car. No problems...

Make of it what you will :)