Luxury Motors in Downers Grove? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by adamr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CareerCarGuy

CareerCarGuy Rookie

Feb 19, 2008
    Surely, you must have missed the very first screen that opens up when you go to Cap One's website and click on "apply now":
    http://capitalone.com/autoloans/before-you-apply.php?linkid=WWW_Z_Z_TG02_AC1_C2_02_G_Z&PFFSRCID=SRC101AUTWB*CNTRBU0208**1

Anyways, I've said my peace.
    Many people in this thread have genuine moral grounds to complain about business practices of Luxury Motors, including yours truly.
    I just don't think you do:)

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I take it you're an employee of LM; that says it all!

You're a 'Lame Duck' dude.

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    LOL!!! (He)"..doth protest too much, methinks!" - WS

3 Posts - Who's side might he be on? Who might he be working for?

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Billiam to the rescue, he knows all! Listen to him, he rocks.....seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. tmaher

tmaher Rookie

Mar 25, 2009
    #205 tmaher, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
    Found a sweet little car at LM in Downer's Grove. The price was fair. Low mileage, told was in mint condition verbally by salesperson - photos appeared to confirm this. Gave a $2000 CC down payment, prepaid $700 on CC for shipping. Agreed to let them finance the balance as it is not a lot of money and I figured it would get the car out of there faster.

I did the following. Since the car is a BMW I contacted BMW USA for more information on that particular car. They were able to give me the dealer who sold the car as new. I contacted that dealer and they had impeccable service records for the car and the low mileage fit with the current mileage. Car Fax turned up nothing I'm concerned with.

So far things have been OK.

My only concern is that I could have just purchased the car in full with a CC instead of financing it, and now apparently they won't ship the car to me "until they have been funded on the loan" - their words, not mine. I'm not blaming them for anything, or saying they're doing something fishy, however I've bought a lot of cars in the past and I've never had this issue. I was immediately approved, signed the papers and out the door I was in every other instance.

So, now I sit and wait for my car because they haven't been paid by the bank and they won't ship the car until Wachovia funds the loan. I wondered if it was simply a case of them not being able to justify the cost of one car being shipped to NJ and were waiting for more to make it more economical, which I would understand, and telling me it was Wachovia holding things up.

Regardless, I'll have to wait patiently for a few more days - This is day 7 since I gave the deposit and only day 3 since they've had the signed contract. Though the loan was approved the same day I gave the deposit. I assume it does take some time for the bank to issue a check to LM. Correct?

Ps. Sorry it's not ************. Maybe in a few months after I get this deal done and under my belt I can get the next, err, horse for my stables..

6. Jim@LFSC

Jim@LFSC Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think your subject heading says it best. Good Luck!

7. tmaher

tmaher Rookie

Mar 25, 2009
    #207 tmaher, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
    Agh.. Well, I was thinking about it and came to the conclusion - What could go wrong? I have dealer service records on the car from two months ago as well as the service rep telling me the car has had no issues and appeared to be constantly maintained over it's little-driven life at their dealership, so with that information I was pretty confident about the mechanics of the car. Between the photos and the desription, which I hold less value in, the car seems to be good. Also, from LM, the car was used as a trade-up on a SL 55 AMG. Which that car is no longer listed at the Downers Grove location so it seems to be true.

My only concern right now is getting them to ship the car. Has anyone had specific issues with the actual shipment of a car or is most everyone's complaint simply about the car itself? I say it like that because, well, I'm from Jersey and if you can wheel and deal here, I'm sure the brutes at LM in Chicago are no worse and you can put together a deal there too. The way I see it, the cars do them no good sitting on their lot in their inventory, they must be in business to sell cars to turn a profit. Any experience with the shipment of their cars and how long they typically take?

I truly hope it goes well because I'm the type to do my homework on a car and am not bothered by small things - as long as I actually get the car. In the past two months I've put together deals on 3 other cars using other online dealers and I have to say, those cars were all at my place within a few days so this one has me a bit itchy still.. yet the prices and inventory at LM fit my needs.

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ditto!

9. Jim@LFSC

Jim@LFSC Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If finance paperwork is overnighted UPS/FedEx and the paperwork is correct then there should be now problem with the dealer getting funded by the bank within a matter of 24 hours. Some of my deals have taken 36 due to paperwork getting in after 5 or 6pm but it still turns around quickly. I would look into who they are using to finance the deal, if it still seems to be taking to long. My concern for my customers who have purchased cars at LM is not only the mechanical condition of the car and where the car has actually come from but it is an issue in getting titles and proper paperwork after the money is exchanged. Regarding shipping, you can alwasy set it up yourself, if you do not feel confident in what they are doing. A good shipping company out of the Chicagoland area is PLS Transport, ask for Pete at 847-831-3551. Good luck with the process and PM me if you have any other questions.

10. JSR29

JSR29 Rookie

Jan 5, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    Scott Rothermel
    Do they in fact own the car? Is it actually there? Do they need the money from your loan to buy the car? Is wachovia still funding their contracts? Have you seen a copy of the title? Did they sell and deliver it to someone else?
    Like others have said, "good luck"

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

~ It's Luxury Motors.

12. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    A few of our OE parts suppliers have told us the Downers Grove location of Luxury Motors will be closing soon. Not sure of thier large warehouse by O'Hare.

13. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    That's not really suprising. If you've been by there recently they have a lot fewer cars than they used to.

14. autowerks racing

Jul 16, 2008
    I believe all the dealerships in question have a new owner.

15. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Marc, the new owner, is in the process of reorganizing the dealerships and has been VERY busy trying to get rid of the horrible reputation that the previous owner created. A list of current inventory can be found at www.ogdenautogroup.com

16. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    did he buy Luxury Motors? or did he just buy the bentley dealerships?

17. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hi Mike

The new owner getting rid of their [Luxury Motors] horrible reputation is the equivalent Cubs manager Lou Pinella getting rid of 101 years of Cub fans suffering...

:)

18. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I have heard that the previous owner has been brought up on charges some of which are federal. These charges have forced the sale of some or all of his dealerships.

19. JSR29

JSR29 Rookie

Jan 5, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    Scott Rothermel
    Mike:

Luxury Motors is still Luxury Motors and is not part of Ogden Auto Group assuming control of Bentley Downers Grove and Bentley & Lamborghini Gold Coast.
    My understanding is Mr. Abbas had been divested of his interest in Luxury Motors for some time. So they have been seperate for a while. Unfortunately even for those within the industry, much less the general public, seperating, reculturing and reestablishing the Bentley and Lamborghini franchises as destinct from Luxury Motors and their own checkered reputation is going to be a task.

20. Enzomaniac

Enzomaniac Karting

Aug 30, 2004
    New foreclosure just posted on what appears to be Joe's $1.2M condo. He took a loan of $1.2M on it and now owes $1.209M -- what is going on with the guy?

Chicago 60634; 6441 W Warner Ave Unit 505; 13-18-409-069-1170 Condominium 2001
    Samuel G Harrod Iv 0617208106
    (847)330-2400 $1,200,000.00
    $1,209,013.82
    09Ch-17603 American Chtd Bk vs. Joe Abbas, AKA Joseph H Abbas, Anette K Adamska, AKA Anette Adamska, Luxury Motors Wholesale, Richard L Baucom, Glenlake Condo Assn No 1

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #221 Darolls, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
    He's just your typical crook. Obviously not a dummy, but I'll never understand why these schemers don't channel their efforts to legal means!

12. $1,425,000 09/19/2006 0.5 miles from 180 Saddle Brook Dr
    Search nearby
    Map it 3022 Heritage Oaks Ln, Oak Brook, IL 60523
    Seller: Andrew W Daniels Buyer: Joseph H Abbas

22. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Are these guys in prison yet?
    Beats talking about the Ford store

23. SaturnVUEguy

SaturnVUEguy Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Carol Stream, IL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    While I can't help but think that's a stab at me in a sense, I do agree with you

24. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Absolutely not intended that way.
    I believe you were lied to. I'm also sure you saw these guys in action. Why would you expect to be treated differently?
    Just because I didn't agree that wanting a piece of Mom's sale was in her best interest doesn't change that. I think you're owed the spiff but should give it to Mom if ever collected.
    Consider it a lesson learned
    I'm just tired of the little pissing contest in the other thread.

25. SaturnVUEguy

SaturnVUEguy Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Carol Stream, IL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ok cool.
    I'm pissedabout that thread too, and have already pm'd Andreas regarding it.

And to keep my post here on topic with LM...I've dealt with the parts guys there before and they were a friendly bunch. I've talked to the service manager about getting a job there and he was very nice to me too. This all kinda surprises me about how bad the rep is there with sales, now I'm glad I never really pursued working there