Lynch Was Raped in Iraq | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lynch Was Raped in Iraq

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Napolis, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm a little confused here...How long did they capture her for and where did the captors take her?

2. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Joe & Art, great posts!

Sunny

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yea thats what my post was hinting at, thanks for clearing it up!

4. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Alright, just did a search on abc news and if Im not mistaken, she got raped at the hospital. From what I read, I think she might be able to recall what happened but it's just too painful to talk about:

"Lynch was held in an Iraqi hospital for nine days after the ambush, and she describes the fear she felt during her captivity as well as the excruciating pain from her injuries. "I couldn't move … It was so horrible, like I've never felt that much pain in my whole entire life."

"While a medical report indicates that Lynch had been sexually assaulted, Lynch says she has no recollection of the attack. "Even just the thinking about that, that's too painful," she tells Diane Sawyer in her first interview since her nine-day captivity in Iraq."

5. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    >she got raped at the hospital.

speculation.

>From what I read,

>I think

>she might be able to

>recall what happened but it's just too painful to talk about_:

pain - convenient

>"Lynch was held

held - very descriptive keyword

>in an Iraqi hospital for nine days after the ambush, and she describes
    >the fear she felt during her captivity as well as the excruciating pain from her injuries.
    >"I couldn't move … It was so horrible, like I've never felt that much pain in my whole entire life."

"describes the fear" - speculation

>"While a medical report

medical report - vague

>indicates that Lynch had been sexually assaulted,

sexually assaulted - vague

>Lynch says she has no recollection of the attack.

attack - speculation

>"Even just the thinking about that, that's too painful,"

her pain - inconvenient
    her english - painful

>she tells Diane Sawyer in her first interview since her nine-day captivity in Iraq."

her first interview with her press perhaps.

abc news -> simple entertainment

>tired of being lied to

"That's Unamerican!!!!!!!"

Katherine typed:

I see a correlation between entropy and a lack of cohesion, or the coming apart of an existing cohesive self-organized unit. Likewise, I see one between negentropy, connectivity and the expansion of a self-organizing unit.

The link for me (as some of you know) is positive and negative emotion when conceived as self-regulatory feedback signals. Positive emotion relates to negentropic sorts of changes (via the in-phase, amplifying and creative sort of chaos associated with "more and more" positive feedback) and negative emotions relate to entropic sorts of chaotic changes (via out-of-phase, inhibitive, blocking outcomes of "less and less" positive feedback). They serve as stimulus signals coupled to negative feedback homeostatic corrective responses-approach/avoid behavioral regimes aligned with state space attractors/repellors. However, since we've yet to fully appreciate the 1st party informational function of feelings themselves, our present level of self-regulatory control occurs through 3rd party inter-personal exchanges of emotional behaviors (a more limited realm of our state space).

Negative emotional exchanges of fear, anger, and hate, and their fight and flight responses correctly self-preserve the individual by deconstructing social connections (they curtail the self-organizing process to protect the stability of the individual). Positive emotions are adaptively self-developmental, aligned with the more complex attractors and broadened range in state space. Exchanges of reciprocal interest, trust, gratitude, and devotion, generate a negentropic upward spiral that builds public trust and social cohesion. (See Barb Fredrickson's Broaden & Build model of positive emotion). But these are few and far between. They can't emerge unless the basic negative pains within individuals are resolved by an optimal social structure-one that collectively reduces the socio-cultural conditions that elicit fear (threats), sadness (losses), and anger (injustices).

The current US policy is exacerbating the downward spiral at home while promoting it internationally, due to this 3rd party manipulation of the emotional system. The upswing in cohesion following 911 was an illusion based upon rallying jingoistic pride, generating hate of "evil" outsiders, and continuously eliciting and harnessing of the submissive flight response to fear. (Our tax dollars now fund the Homeland Security folks to tell us exactly how much fear to feel in any given day). Our trusting submission preempts any outrage over manipulative violations of the public trust, arrogant defiance of the global consensus, and the loss of fundamental Constitutional rights and freedoms we are supposedly exporting.

Sad, over any losses? Take a prozac.

Ashamed or disgusted by what your country is doing in your name? Shut up, you're un-American.

Angry? Suppress it--its a deadly sin.

Afraid? Great!

Any wonder many of us are asking:

"Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?"

6. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    What are you talking about? Please be useful. If you are going to post responses don't make them cryptic.

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Ralessi

All of ontogenetik's posts are cryptic and nearly unintelligable. If you challenge him to produce something that makes sense he points out words you misspelled.

8. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    The real "Heroes" are coming home in pine boxes. Does anyone know their names? Are their families gonna make millions on their untold stories? Don't think so. Taking nothing away from Jessica Lynch, but she's just one lucky victim caught in a PR machine. it really is "Wag the Dog".

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ralessi, Luciano was replying to mighty and dissecting the post.

The Private Lynch story has layer upon layer of propaganda to hide the simple truth that instead of receiving a bullet in the head, she was taken to a hospital instead. A situation really no different from the last POW's rescued in our previous conflicts. She is our modern day 'Enola Gay,' based on an insignificant hospital raid to recover a lone POW receiving hospital treatment. Jessica Lynch pin-up art will be for sale in our next conflict. Which is more painful or offensive, her treatment or the lies spun to sway public opinion?