Macau big shunt | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Macau big shunt

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Nov 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    sammysaber likes this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    During practice sessions and qualifying she was consistently 0.5 sec behind her teammate in F4.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #78 jgonzalesm6, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    sammysaber likes this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Like most drivers in f1 that aren’t always close to their teammates? Oh, I thought you meant she was bad as in lots of crashes or something. Right, I understand now. I wouldn’t say she was bad then, just not as strong as her team leader

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Good to know that Florcsh will be okay. 11 hours in surgery, that's a pretty long time.
    Would be interesting to know the details of the surgery.

On another point, it was initially reported that the car ahead of her had checked up early
    due to a yellow light that was still on after a caution and she had no place to go. This,
    it would seem would put the race organizers in the mix as part of the shunt.

Haven't seen anything about this beyond last weekend.

BHW

daytona355 likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
  8. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I really hope she comes back from all of it. Credible women in racing is not a bad thing.

william, jgonzalesm6 and daytona355 like this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    She's got bjgger balls that I do. After a shunt like that, I'd be retired.

11. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    retiring at 17. a dream of many.

12. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Well, retired from racing cars at least. She could do other racing related activities.

13. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    A nice update on Sophia (pity the BBC couldn't spell her surname correctly! :rolleyes: ): https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/46632771

She's working on getting back in an F3 car for the 2019 season, but is being very sensible about her recovery, and still has an ambition to get into F1 eventually, and have success there (adding with a bit of a cheeky smile: "....and be World Champion one day" )

She's a decent race driver (I would never describe her as a "bad driver" ), and I'm hoping her recovery continues to go well, so she can get back to doing what she loves most - Racing!

william, Ira Schwartz and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    They had a really good interview with her yesterday - I didn’t realise how fit she was..... I’m promoting her to F1 favorite if ever she gets here! Hahaha... she’s done well, and managing to wear four inch heels for her interviews after spinal surgery.... what a girl!

Bas likes this.
  15. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    There's a video clip of Sophia leaving the hospital with her neck brace on, cheekily poking her tongue out and smiling at the cameras - It really shows her personality (and in a similar way to Sebastian Vettel, blows away the image of German's all being serious all the time, with no sense of humour)

From the first time I saw her race in the UK's Ginetta Junior series, she impressed me with her racing ability, and racing attitude (in one race weekend she won both races in her series - no mean feat in Ginetta Juniors, trust me, it's incredibly close racing!).

I'm so glad she wasn't more seriously hurt, and glad to hear it hasn't put her off racing (plenty of others, including a lot of men, would have decided to hang up their race suits after a shunt like that!), because I think she genuinely has potential as a racing driver, and, she's proof that girls/women can be just as good as boys/men when it comes to being a racing driver.

I hope she goes on to have great success, and would love to see her make her F1 dream come true, because I think it would be great for F1 - Time will tell!

Bas, Nembo1777 and daytona355 like this.