Made it to mecca(Maranello)! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Made it to mecca(Maranello)!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by SrfCity, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Scott,

Those pictures were great! :)

2. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Hey Scott,

Did you shoot any pictures of the Stradale in the lobby of the introduction area? I would love to get a copy of them if you did. We were instructed to leave all camera's on the bus. I did sneak mine in but only took pictures of the F2004.

Thanks,

- G

3. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Oh, and could you email them to me in full size?

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    GREAT photos Scott!! If your at CC this weekend I want to hear all about it over breakfast :)

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

G - yes I have them. Send me your e-mail address.

Jerry - Yea, be prepared that Ferrari Store is very expensive. Most of the stuff you can buy around town(Maranello) for less.

Jordan - I'll be at CC tomorrow, so I'll share info with you or anyone else interested.

Lou - I'll take you up on Haus once the dust settles, maybe next week.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm very happy for you, Scott. Thanks for sharing what must be just the tip of the iceberg of what would/could/should be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

7. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Very nice pictures! Looks like you had a fantastic time! I watched the unveiling of the car online...and made a lot of screenshots :) Was also very nice to see!

Last year I visited Maranello (for the fifth time or something :) with my (now ex-)girlfriend.
    Do they still have this (see picture) pittstop in the FerrariShop?

Ow...and a very good shop is: WarmUp

8. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Scott - thanks for sharing your shots! I've only to Maranello once, and on the days I was there, the %^#$@ museum was closed! :(

Cheers, MARK

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

ForzaFerrari,

Yes they still have the pitstop set up. I'll post a pic later.

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Scott,
    What an amazing experience this must have been for you... thank you for sharing your wonderful photos, too! I can't wait to visit the Maranello factory one day - I may not be so lucky to see Schumi in person in a F1 unveiling, but looking at all the pictures you took, I feel as though I have already! :)

Forza Ferrari!

Byron

11. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    Scott,
    I am going to be in Italy (Florence & Rome) the last two weeks in March. How far is Maranello from Florence? Are the factory tours available upon request? Any info would be great. Thanks for pics.
    Stuart

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Stuart,

Maranello is about 2 hours from Florence depending on how fast you drive on the AutoStrada ;) Take it to Bologna then across to Modena than down to Maranello. I'd suggest renting a car with GPS, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches. If you're not familiar with the area you get lost constantly. And, personally I'd rather rent a car then take trains. More freedom imo.

13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Oh, and I'd try to arrange a tour before hand. If you're an owner, FoNA should be able to help. Or, contact Ferrari SPA directly and their customer service will help you out. Very nice people btw.

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Scott,

Holy schmoly! Looks like you had a great time and have some great memories to add. I definitely missed out. :( Thanks for posting pics.

Andrew