Magic Carpet Ride | FerrariChat

Magic Carpet Ride

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Subito Grigio, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Magic Carpet Ride.

Today, Sunday morning 8:00 AM.

A long, graceful 8-lane divided highway (steep grade) with very little traffic and steep hills on both sides. Everyone goes 71.

In 5th, slowly, slowly increase speed until the pedal is floored for the first time.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful deep-throated sound of engagement and intention.

Magic Carpet Ride.

Thank You Dave Helms and SRI!!

J

alexion likes this.
  2. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Nice! What did you have done at SR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Every SRI product they offer that applies to Mondial QV.

Engine out redo based on what Dave's Review suggested.

Suspension redo; brake redo; newer gas tanks (critical, repeat critical) (I siphoned VARNISH out of the old tanks myself - so I knew he was spot-on about those).

We left the exterior skin of the car completely alone and only did the most important visible fixes to the interior (new console backlit switch plate Dave made from scratch through his neighbor).

Below the 35-year old exterior appearance of the car is mostly completely renewed and/or improved.

Dave and his SRI Team were in complete agreement with me as to our objective.

That is the basis of my Magic Carpet Ride today!

J

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jeka and alexion like this.
  4. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Excellent! I’m sure it’s running better now than it did when new. Dave is top notch and has great appreciation for the Mondial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk