Magneti Marelli Unitest TMF 5000 | FerrariChat

Magneti Marelli Unitest TMF 5000

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Valerian, Feb 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Hello,

I'm looking for a diagnostics set Magneti Marelli Unitest TMF 5000 for 1988 Maserati Biturbo Spyder.

Does anybody have one for sale, please?

Thank you

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    A BiTurbo owner in France developed a more modern ignition diagnostic tool which should give you more precise information than the Marelli Unitest. It will work with any fuel injected BiTurbo with a distributor.

You essentially replace the EPROM inside the ignition ECU with that which the developer supplies. The EPROM is a plug in module and is very easy to replace. The new EPROM has the software needed to run the diagnostic tool.
    I received the tool three days ago and I am still in the learning process but already discovered some issues in my car that need correcting.
    This is a video of the tool's display taken during engine startup and idle. The car is a 1989 Spyder 2.8L (USA version)

Send me a PM if you are interested in contacting the developer. I have no financial interest in this product.

Ivan

DebbieSidera likes this.
  3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  4. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Hello Ivan,

thank you very much for your reply.

I will make sure to look into that.

Good luck with your Biturbo and many happy miles with the car!

George

5. CycloneDan

CycloneDan Rookie

Feb 8, 2022
    USA
    Full Name:
    Danny M Searfoss
    Purchased 2 Biturbos 81 coupe auto and 87 sedan stick both not running one with a unneeded crankcase sensor replacement I came across while searching for an alignment template to insure proper alignment and better my odds of starting I would like to purchase one of these diagnostic systems to better my odds of getting these running

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't think it will be of much use on the 81. But that must be a typo. First FI cars were in 87.

7. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Contact Alexis Pavlov <[email protected]>. Ignition analyzer only works on injected cars.

Ivan

8. CycloneDan

CycloneDan Rookie

Feb 8, 2022
    USA
    Full Name:
    Danny M Searfoss
    the 87 is fuel injected