MAJOR SERVICE A ON THE TESTAROSSA. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MAJOR SERVICE A ON THE TESTAROSSA.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by F1 MONZA, Sep 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Makes sense - these price vs service discussions have been ongoing around here for decades. I’m a firm believer in service records. There are many buyers that are fine with none at all and buy based on cheapest price because they can “turn a wrench” to each there own.
    The underlining message - these cars are really good, and strong for what they are. Whatever someone’s fancy, there is plenty to pick from,but they are definitely a bargain for a 12 banger Ferrari on the Ferrari 12 banger world.

Ps - notice the belts haven’t been done in 12 yrs. on the car in question ;)

Zeff likes this.
  2. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes I agree with everything you said. If I worked on my own cars it would be less of a concern for sure. But I still want a good service history. Yes, they are an excellent value right now. I'm hoping the prices stay where they are because in a few years from now I'll have some extra money and will be able to pickup another one. When I say these cars are expensive I'm referring to their original cost of the car not today's value. I know many people think the prices are high right now but I don't. I realize you can't hardly get a really nice car these days for 100-140k. A 100-120k gets me a corvette zo6. I've got a zo6 and although it's fast it's really nothing special and never will be. A car you wear out and throw away much like most cars. This car is far beyond that level of a car. That's why I see 200k to be a bargain when I compare it to other cars.

blkdiablo33, VColin and MS250 like this.
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    well said i think all the great examples of tr are being bought now ,i have service records on mine dating back to mid 90s

4. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes that is what seems to be happening. Most people aren't willing to take a big risk on a neglected car. That's a smart approach as parts are too expensive and hard to find if you have a car that needs too much restoration work. You would be buried in the cost and would likely never get your money back. It's certainly way cheaper to just pony up all the money up front and get the best car. Less headaches, more time enjoying the car, and you have something of real value today. Restoring any car is always a losing game.

blkdiablo33 likes this.