Major service | FerrariChat

Major service

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by xcusemi, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xcusemi

xcusemi Rookie

Mar 21, 2010
    Like the title indicated, I have my 2011 for little over 2 years and want to get a few things done. These are the following things I want to perform on my car with now has 4500 miles on the odometer

1) Oil and Filter change
    2) Air Filter
    3) Transmission/DCT oil change
    4) Power Steering fluid change
    5) Coolant Flush
    6) Auxiallary Belt change
    7) Brake Fluid change

I spoke with the service department and he DOES NOT suggest to have the spark plug change since it is only 4500 miles. I was quoted $2700 for above service without spark plugs and wondering if this is a fair price?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

2. xcusemi

xcusemi Rookie

Mar 21, 2010
    By the way, the price is also included the 4 wheels Alignment

3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    What you mentioned above typically comes to around $750-1,000 USD (dealer rates)... add whatever Ferrari tax/donation you'd like to provide the dealer you're comfortable with for your final price. Not sure if Ferrari does this (I haven't had a Ferrari longer than a year), but if you let your dealer know that you'll give them a 100% perfect customer satisfaction rating from a manufacturer survey, that tends to help with the bottom line too. Dealers receive a performance bonus from the back-end based on the survey, which includes new car purchases too.

At 4,500 miles an alignment is a completely unnecessary, unless you drive in Detroit or have been in a minor accident/hit a curb.

I should pull the Deloitte card and send you a bill for $300 for this "consultation", but I'll waive it for now.

4. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    [QUOTE="boobernackle, post: 145817849, member: 195723"

I should pull the Deloitte card and send you a bill for $300 for this "consultation", but I'll waive it for now.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you a 100% positive feedback survey, for waiving your fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melvok, Lance F and boobernackle like this.
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #5 Melvok, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    There are "standard"services for cars with that few miles driven ...

F.i. why change DCT oil , powersteering fluid ?

Yearly service:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  6. xcusemi

xcusemi Rookie

Mar 21, 2010
    Thank you for the chk list.

The reason I am chaning the DTC/Power Steering fluid is because the car is now 7 yrs old.

7. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    If you have the means and tools, do it yourself. There are threads on F-Chat for all of those, and doing it yourself (over the course of a few weekends) is (for me at least) satisfying and you get to bond with your car.

Please also check the lifter fluid (if you have a lifter). They don't seem to ever mention that in the manual. Mine was almost empty.

Melvok likes this.
  8. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Manual states: no need to exchange !

9. action-ant

action-ant Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    FWIW, just did my 2010 with 24k miles, sent the clutch and diff fluid for analysis, all came back clean. I'd recommend just checking fluid levels and top off and save some money.

Anthony

Weekendm3 likes this.
  10. xcusemi

xcusemi Rookie

Mar 21, 2010
    Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Good point on the lift, i will chk it tonight when i get back home.
    As for working on the car, I have been working on all my Porsches. The reason I sent the car out to have the maintainence done at the Ferrari dealer is i want to make sure the car is in top notch condition and have them inspect everything. I believe base on my driving (less than 1500 miles a year) , all i have to do is to do the oil change which I can do this myself.

Thanks