Malaysian GP Predictions (Not A Diss Massa Or Alonso Thread) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Malaysian GP Predictions (Not A Diss Massa Or Alonso Thread)

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Mar 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icky

icky Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Anchorage, AK
    Full Name:
    Jesse B.
    1. Raikkonen
    2. Kovalainen
    3. Hamilton
    4. Alonso
    5. Heidfield
    6. Rosberg
    7. Vettel
    8. Massa
    9. Kubica
    10. Button

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    With Rain in it:

1) Kimi
    2) Hami
    3) Alonso
    4) Hekki
    5) Button
    6) Rosberg

3. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Why not Kubica?

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i gotta go with Kimster, Massa, Hammi, Nick, Kubik, ...

Massa has always done pretty well here, DC will be shiiting 3 different colours during the race.. :D

5. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Kimi
    Lewis
    Nico

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Uh......cause I can't spell his name? Actually you are correct to include him in the top 8.

7. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    1-Kimi
    2-Hami
    3-Nico
    4-Nick
    5-Kubi
    6-Button
    7-Bourdais
    8-Alonso

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    The rain will equalize the cars, then the drivers stand out. The rain drivers are Kimi, Lewis, Fred, Robert, DC, Vettel, Heikki, and possilby Nick. Massa did pull off that incredible pass in the rain I think the last race of 2007, but without TC, he will drive too cautiously.

I think its a toss-up between those first 8 I mentioned, unpredictable. Even Sato could show up in the top 5 if he is careful. I just hope no one does anything stupid on the first lap and we are left with a small field and a boring race.

9. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Since it might rain.

1.Kimi
    2.Hami
    3.Massa
    4.Vettel
    5.Alonso
    6.Rubens
    7. Quick Nick
    8.Kubica

+1000 LMAO

10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Add J Button to that list Ron..

11. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Yes, you are very right, I had him on my first list, missed him this time. Thanks for pointing that out. Can you imagine, work getting in the way of my ranting on FChat?? Geez

12. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Since we're getting a rain prediction I'll change my prediction a bit

Kimi
    Lewis
    Alonso
    Bordais
    Button

13. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    1) Hami
    2) Kimi
    3) Alonso
    4) Hekki
    5) Rosberg
    6) Button

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Kyle, Bordais? I did not follow ChampCar, did run rain often and did he do well??

15. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Due to the rain and no TC, my only "high odds" prediction is that this will be a very entertaining race.

Kimi
    Hammi
    Kovi
    Heidi
    Button
    Rosberg

16. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Bourdais was very good in the rain in Champcars. Anyone who had to deal with Paul Tracy and was able to overcome that idiot, is on my good drivers list. 2 time ChampCar Champion who's a very quick and smart racer. He just needs more aclimation in the F1 cars. I picked him 7th this weekend and I think he will be the surprise of the season in the SRT Ferrari IMO.

17. rodolfo

rodolfo Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2007
    Mexico
    1. KR
    2. FM
    3. LH
    4. HK
    5.NH
    6. RK
    7. NR
    8. FA

Pole: Kimi
    Fast Lap: Kova

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Lewis Hamilton
    Kimi Raikkonen
    Felipe Massa

As much as I hate to say this I think this will be Hamilton's year.

19. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    I would like to see three new teams, at least new drivers on the podium, different from last week. Ferrari and McLaren on the podium gets boring. Last week was refreshing.

How about;
    HK
    RK
    SB

Anyone can predict KR,FA,LH (No offence Will. You are most likely correct.)

20. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Minor correction - he's a 4 time ChampCar Champion - he has quite an impressive, varied racing background - all he needs is the right car!

he did have a little oop's in the rain last June -> Bourdais' next assault on Le Mans would come at the wheel of a factory-backed Peugeot 908 in 2007. The car he shared with Stephane Sarrazin and Pedro Lamy finished the race second behind the winning Audi R10 TDi, despite an embarrassing slide on the first lap in wet conditions that cost Bourdais a place to one of the Audis, and car problems forcing him to park the car for the last minutes of the race, waiting for the lead R10 to cross the line.

Won't take him long. . . a little perhaps not well known fact about him -> He won the Spa 24 Hours in 2002 with Christophe Bouchut, David Terrien and Vincent Vosse in a Larbre Compétition Chrysler Viper GTS-R. He also won his class at the 2006 12 Hours of Sebring in a Panoz Esperante. In 2005 he also competed in the International Race of Champions, winning his first stock car race at Texas Motor Speedway.

F1 is not totally new to him -> In 2002, he got his first F1 test with the Arrows team and was signed on to drive for the team but the team were on the verge of bankruptcy. In December he tested for Renault at Jerez but fellow Frenchman Franck Montagny secured the test drive instead of him - rumours suggested that Bourdais did not wish to sign a management deal with Renault boss Flavio Briatore in addition to a Renault contract.

Time will tell.

Carol

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Carol, I think the guy is extremely talented in Race Pace, and see him securing quite a bit of points for STR this season. He doesn't have that incredible qualifying pace of Vettel, but he does a solid job and hope he stays in F1 for a while. Plus the guy is not arrogant and seems to put his head down and get the job done. He would have been a good fit for Williams in the Renault years in my opinion.

22. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Tony, you're right on the spot. I think dedication is also an attribute, as I recall, he did forego F1 for his commitment to Newman-Haas for this past year?

Thanks,
    Carol

23. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Thanks for the explanation. Paul Tracy and idiot? Who would have guessed? ;} I think the majority of fans that wanted to see an IRL/Champ Car merger really just wanted to see Danica beat the crap out of Tracy. And I do not mean on the track.

Now, that is something I would pay good money to see!!

24. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Considering the rain...

1. Hamilton
    2. Raikkonen
    3. Kovalainen
    4. Heidfeld
    5. Kubica
    6. Rosberg
    7. Trulli
    8. Vettel

25. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    There is no question that Tracy is extremely fast, but he has difficulties running the duration of a race without making a bone head move. He will attempt passes that make the criticism of Massa (not my opinion) look like a choir boy. The guy has thrown away races as well as championships because he just has a mental shortage of common sense. And what he did to Bourdais during one of Bourdais championship years to almost cost him the championship was just about the last straw for Tracy's remaining 13 fans. Bourdais over came this illadvised pass that destroyed both cars and went on to win the championship anyway. Tracy has been a complete flop in Nascar as well. Tracy maybe faster than Danica, but she will out fox the dumb a$$, as hard as that may be to believe. Thanks for the correction Carol, you are correct.
    Paul Tracy=Idiot