Manchester United off to MOSCOW ! | FerrariChat

Manchester United off to MOSCOW !

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RufMD, Apr 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    #1 RufMD, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Glad to know we have other Manchester United fans on the forum. UEFA Champions League and EPL Champions, should be quite a season. Scholes' goal was a beaut, certainly makes up for not being able to play 9 years ago.

3. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What was with Barca? They had most pf the possession in both games but could hardly do anything with the ball. That was a beauty from Scholes though.

4. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    When you buy all your players and squeeze them into your lineup, you tend to have very little chemistry. Man United is the epitome of the word team.

5. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
  6. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    best TEAM in the world....results prove it!

7. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    The best part is the majority of our team is still young and only going to get better. Wait 2 or 3 years when Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani, and Anderson are all in their primes, OH BOY.

8. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    The end of the Chelsea/Liverpool game was very exciting today. Babel's strike was exquisite too.

9. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Babel's strike was a beauty. You could tell it caught Cech off-guard. He is going to be a force in the near future.

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i've been a MU fan since i was 10. really gald to see them there in the finals after an unlucky slip at Chelsea last week. MU will win both titles ;) and i hope Grant will be sacked!

11. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Champions of England !

12. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Damn straight, and what a rewarding goal for Giggs in the game where he becomes the most featured MU player ever.
    1 title down, 1 to go.

13. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1

14. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Seems its a rule that

Majority of Americans when supporting an English Football Club support Man Utd
    Most English when supporting an American NFL team choose the Pats

15. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    The tide has turned to supporting Chelsea. Same reason most Americans support the Yankees, spend lots of money, win a couple championships, then do absolutely nothing with 100 million dollar payroll.

16. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Interesting news coming from Ronaldo. The interview below was conducted by the Gaurdian. One of the best papers in the UK.

Cristiano Ronaldo reacted to the latest public declaration of interest from Real Madrid with nine words that will go down like a lead balloon at Manchester United. "Let's see what happens after the Champions League final," said Ronaldo as he was questioned about the possibility of a world-record transfer to the Bernabéu.

Ronaldo emphasised that he was "happy" at Old Trafford but there was a less than unequivocal response when it was put to him that the Real president, Ramón Calderón, was "obsessed" with signing him. "I am happy here but let's see what happens," he told the Spanish television network Antena 3. "I am feeling calm here. I'm happy but in the future I don't know. I know Real Madrid like how I play and I know that other teams in Spain like my game as well, so that's good. It is good to know that other clubs are interested in you. I have said millions of times that I would love to play in Spain."

He qualified that last statement by pointing out that "it's one thing to dream and another for it to be reality". He also emphasised, more than once, that he was enjoying life in Manchester. Nonetheless, Madrid are entitled to be encouraged that, deliberately or not, he chose not to confirm that he would still be at Old Trafford next season - and, indeed, that he should consider playing for Real a "dream".

"Real have the solvency and the financial power to be able to take on a signing of the magnitude of Cristiano Ronaldo," the club's general director, Miguel Angel Arroyo, has told the Spanish press.

17. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Real is going to need (IMO) at least 75 million pounds to pry him from Old Trafford. With that cash, Man U could go on a super spending spree and come up with an even better team probably.

18. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Real Madrid have any amount of money they want season after season because the Spanish Government support them. Who owns runs the bank that Facilitates their borrowing, over drafts, loans etc. The Government.

Its the only football team in the world that has tis type of Government support, which seems very unfair.

I think Ronaldo will play another season at United and then he'll be off to which ever team is top out of Barca and Real. Not sure who you could replace Ronaldo with, unless you go for Messi.

19. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    at the moment, Ronaldo is the world's top player. but even me, as an MU fan, i find him a bit arrogant at times. he does know that Real have/has always been trying to sign him up, and yet he does this silly thing in an interview saying this sorta nonsense.

given that they just have 3-5 days before facing Chelsea, Ronaldo giving this sorta hints at this time is not appropriate, IMO.

i do hope Chelsea lose big time and sack that damn Grant. i totally hate it when he goes around saying ' my team this, my team that'. it's not he's team to begin with, it's Jose's team. Grant just inherited what Jose built.

20. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I don't see many advantages of going to Spain for Ronaldo. True it is closer to home in Portugal but IMO England/Man U have much more to offer him.

21. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Man U gave C Ronaldo a great opportunity - in the starting 11 since the age of 17. His best opportunity came as he was groomed by Eric Cantona and has evolved into the greatest individual player on the greatest TEAM in the world. Real Madrid offers him the biggest potential payday for a soccer player in a long while, and brings Man U the kind of $$ return a club dreams of!

22. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Manchester is going to pay up for Ronaldo to play, there is no doubt about it. Perhaps the Glazers need to deal him to get some of their debts under control.

I'm pretty sure the fans, with myself included, will not be happy if we let the greatest player in the world (possibly someone who might become the best to ever live) leave just for money, and if they do it had better be for at least 9 figures.

23. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Man Utd & Alex Fergie are the ones that groomed Ronaldo into the player he is today. no other team, IMO could have done what MU did for Ronaldo. Rooney gets injured pretty often, if not together with Ron, they'll be the best players in the world today.

i see Real as nothing. they're just the Spanish version of Chelsea. they spend tonnes, but achieve nothing. mind you, they won the La Liga because of instability of Barcelona. if not, i think Barca would have won the title last season as well as this season.

for me, if Ron ever decides to move to Real, they'll destroy he's career, just like they did to Beckham.

24. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, Manchester actually tries to grow their players unlike some other big clubs that just buy them at their peak (Chelsea, Real, Barca, AC Milan and many others).

Just look at Giggs, Scholes, and Gary Neville, combined they've been associated with Man U for over 50 years.

Maybe Ronaldo might get a million or two more at Real but he'll lose his chance to become the best to ever live.

25. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    ...that is unless he immediately leads Real Madrid to greatness? Anything is possible. If he wants to make his legend strong, he will win in Moscow with a goal or two for Man U., then leap to Real Madrid and they will suddenly conquer the club world. It will give him Maradonesque legend! :)