Manufacturers should not offer XENON : ROLLEYES : | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Manufacturers should not offer XENON : ROLLEYES :

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LAfun2, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    That seems like more than a little bit of a streatch.

You might as well sue the dealers who sell The Club at a (ghasp!) Evil Profit for not telling car purchasers that their shiney new car might (ghasp! I never knew!) get stolen. Oh my god, criminals TAKE things?! NO WAY! What's this now? "Money can be exchanged for goods and services" you say? GET RIGHT OUT!

I like the ticket idea :)

Variations of the above are already rampant. A bill that would have provided some measure of frivilous lawsuit immunity for firearm manufactuars just got shot down in the Sennate.

One example (sad story to be sure) lawsuit involed a Criminally Negligent father who let his son get ahold of a Beretta pistol. Idoit Kid droped the mag, and pointed the gun at his friend's face and pulled the tirgger. (big surprise here, round was in the chamber.)

First the family sued Beretta claiming they didn't have a 'loaded chamber indicator' on the gun. (this is like a "Coffee is Hot" indicator on a coffee cup, and about as mandated by any law, but that's beside the point.)

Defendant walked up to the gun and said "You mean this loaded-chamber indicator? <points to the CLI on the gun that morons aparently haden't noticed> The defense rests."

Now the same people are suing Beretta again, for, guess what? Not making the CLI big enough. <sigh>

The gun did exactly as it was designed to do, it shot. There was no negligence or failure-of-product to perform. This is like suing Mazda after a 12 year old runs over his friend in a Miata. And it's like suing Mazda for not having a big "car is moving" light, which would totally have stoped the otherwise idoidic behavior...

The fact that an idoit gun owner commited a FEDERAL CRIME (and at least a possible Felony by CA law.) by letting his not-so-bright kids get ahold of the gun, somehow got ignored. Just like a car, or a chainsaw, kids should not play with deadly tools, at least not withought close adult supervision.

Sheesh, I typed a lot. Now back to your regularily scheguled programing!