(Many) multiple owners... red flag? | FerrariChat

(Many) multiple owners... red flag?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jonathan_H, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan_H

Jonathan_H Rookie

Jun 11, 2005
    Hi all,

Looking at getting my first Ferrari! I found a 360 Spider for (what seems like) a great price (bidding starting around $40k), but noticed that it has bounced between a few dealers before. Link (VIN: ZFFYT53A910123634)

Is this something I should be cautious about?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Jonathan

2. Bertil

Bertil Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Stockholm Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bertil Palmblad
    Rolled back odo at the last dealer......

paulchua likes this.
  3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Several owners - not a concern.
    Several dealers - for me would be quite a concern. Perhaps one consortium of dealers is having the car make the rounds.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Interesting it is the same miles as 2014!!!!

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    These cars often move around between dealers. If a dealer doesn't move it fasts enough he sells or swaps it to another dealer. My concern would the mileage discrepancy.

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    That mileage error could be a simple mistake by the dealer if that cars stock number "returned" to them 5 years later.

I'd defer to CARFAX for that mileage "issue" before aborting (if you like the car, and it PPI's well, enjoy it in good health, and as my bro Brad said..."DON'T LOOOOK BA-AAACKKKKKK...THE ROAD IS CALLLLINNGGGGGG")

7. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    IMHO I wouldn’t get caught up with the number of owners of a specific car. Because then how you define how many are too many?

And consider this: would you prefer a car with 5 or 6 owners in its history, low/middle mileage and full maintenance records, or a 1 or 2 owner car with missing papers, accessories, books, etc?

PPI, condition and history is key. The rest has little impact, imho.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Seeing multiple dealers as the owner is not unusual for any car. Some dealers will by such a car to draw people into their showroom, others will buy it and use it as a perk for the sales people (weekend bonus ride for a good sales week) others will buy in hopes of selling. Many just move them on to the next guy..

10. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Dealership perk. They WILL find you the model, color and mileage you designer!

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My guess clerical error between 11 and 14. Someone read something wrong or pushed the wrong key.

Rolling an odo back 3k miles is not really going to yeild a heck of a lot of anything. So id investigate it and be happy it pushes off lazy people and might make for a point of leverage for a moment