Maranello Tubi exhaust options | FerrariChat

Maranello Tubi exhaust options

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by docapl, Sep 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Trying to decide which exhaust to add to my 575M. Stock exhaust is on the car now and way to quiet for my taste.

I narrowed it down to two options I am considering:

1. Standard Tubi + x-pipe
    2. Tubi Rumore without x-pipe

I think the Rumore + x-pipe may be too loud.

I would appreciate any advice from those who have had experience with these two options.

2. mbyormark

mbyormark Karting

Jul 25, 2017
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Michael Yormark
    docapl likes this.
  3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I know this wasn't your question, but my 575 has Tubi back boxes (only), and I love the sound. You know it's a V12 Ferrari but it's neither too loud or boomy on a cruise. Loudest at idle/crawling around.

docapl likes this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Just make sure you get a second generation Tubi that has 575 embossed on the cans. The early ones tend to resonate more and can be very loud with some combinations of center pipes.

docapl likes this.
  5. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Do you have the Rumore (loud version) or standard Tubi?

6. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    I have Braden center pipes and tubi ( not a muffler) straight pipes.

7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I have the standard second gen ones, with 575 written on the cans like Taz mentioned. They were installed by the last owner, and while the original back boxes came with the car, I wouldn't ever reinstall them. I am at the conservative end of the scale of exhaust sound, my 430 and F512M are fine for me with standard systems, but then the general view is also that they both sounded great from the factory. If you like much more sound, then I think the other options for the 575 may be better for you. The 575 with Tubis is louder than my F512M, I'd say, except for the induction sound which is amplified on the M by the fact that the engine is just behind you. But it's less loud overall than my stock 430.

At cruise, it's a quiet hum, a little louder than my (stock) 550 but not enough to intrude. But that's a personal preference.

8. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    That’s great info and helps my decision. I also had a 430 with stock exhaust and would prefer a bit more sound. I think I will start with the 575 Tubi Rumore (loud) and see how it is. Later I will consider center pipe options to fine tune if needed. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    No problem. Would be interested to know how it pans out with the Rumore.