Maranello -vs- Diablo article CAR magazine ??? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Maranello -vs- Diablo article CAR magazine ???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doody, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Both cars are great cars in my opinion but I think what really makes Ferrari a better car to own than Lambo is its after-sales services. I know you can also come up with endless horror story about F-car service, but given the limited production number of Lambo, I can't see how its dealership can make any money and hence bad after-sales. In Hong Kong, there is one horror story after another about Lambo after-sales. I hope it is better elsewhere but I doubt it. So as a total experience, I prefer Ferrari by a wide margin to Lambo.

By the way, I simply hate the AUDI interior in the Gallardo. Lambo even uses the same F1 shift paddle as the VW Tourage. There is simply no exoticness in the Gallardo interior. Too bad as it is actually a nice car.

2. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Mr.Bond, rappers rarely mess with Lambos. Bentleys are more their thing.

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

sorry to post so late...

but, to the clown that asked, "who would want to race a 4wd anyway"?

what are you ****ting me? guess you dont remember when audi's quattro was kicking the hell out of everything in scca and imsa gto. the techs tried everything to slow them down to take away the audi's "unfair advantage". the only way to stop the all wheel drives from winning was to to ban awd. remember that?

and as for lambo's race pedigree, they started it w/ the diablo version of the ferrari challenge and will hopefully be involved w/ american le mans series where if well supported, they will no doubt be fast!

4. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mr. Bond,

Welcome to F-Chat. We would all love to hear about your experience. Could you please update your profile with all the "many" Ferrari's you've owned with a few details about your opinions on each?

5. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I love these wars, and think its funny how people can be so passionately wrong about either marque. They have switched back and forth many times, and have both set the standard in different areas. Lamborghini is the wild performer, while Ferrari is building cars for old men? Hmmm, think back to 1963. Lambo built the defining "gentleman's GT" while Ferrari was killing the sports car world in wild performance.

Then Lambo came out with the Miura and caught Ferrari with its stylistic pants down. Ferrari's response was the Daytona, a fabulous car but a Model T by comparison. Ferrari gets to work on the 365bb and debuts it's beautiful Pininfarina styling when Lambo sets the world on its ear with Gandini's LP500.

Fast forward to the 1990's and Ferrari owns wild with the 512TR while Lambo misses the mark with the ho-hum Diablo (sorry Allen, it's a snoozer compared to the Coutach).

Now Lambo has the Murcielago which somehow manages to be both wild and conservatively Germanic, and Ferrari polarizes the world with the outrageous Enzo -- love it or hate it. And the 575 is the definition of the "gentleman's GT." The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Vive le difference! Oh wait, that would be Bugatti...no, that's German now....

Mark