Market America | FerrariChat

Market America

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tsang85, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    Has anyone here ever heard of Market America ? one of my friends is asking if I want to join, and I am considering it. He says its kinda like a pyramid scheme, but not really? anybody ever heard of, or been apart of it?

One story I've heard is that people have been making up to 30k/4 weeks. it's kind of like a marketing system really.

any insight folks?

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Question: I've found about X "comapny" (pyramid scheme) and it looks like I can make a lot of money!
    But I need to pay for my sales kit/training/seminar/etc... What do you guys think?

Answer:

Market America is a MLM scam, see this website for info on what a MLM scam is. Take Pimp's advice. While you're at it, read through the Business Section.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If anyone could make 30k in 4 weeks, why wouldn't everyone be doing it? Are you that important, that you get first dibs on somthing like this?

4. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    www.mlmsurvivor.com is a good place to read too. There's also a book out there called "Merchants of Deception" which investigates these MLM companies and their tactics that's a good read if you're interested. You can even dl it free in .pdf format on that website as well.

My now ex is into this Quixtar crap (used to be Amway, but now "updated" for the computer age and to differentiate it from the Amway reputation) and all these mlm's are the same scam with different names. It's one of the main reasons I dumped her as she's so caught up in it there's no reasoning with her whatsoever (comes from a pretty sheltered family so-to-speak and they're all a bit naive). For example: she was involved in an auto accident this past weekend and the very first person she called when this happened was her "upline" in the "business". Not the police, not her insurance agent, not a family member, but this guy who schmoozed her into this "business". Don't walk or run away...jump in your car and speed as fast as you can away from it!

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Turd, you are an example to us all. Always looking for a brighter future, the Turd saw himself in a dark situation he didn't like and he squeezed his way out of it. Heed his movements, and you too can escape the darkness.

6. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Ya know...After seeing this post it dawned on me that I think I should see my way further out of the darkness and actually post my real name rather than trying to be semi-humorous. :D The deed is done...