Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550? | Page 42 | FerrariChat

Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Also consider 18" modulars, since those were optional on the 550 and standard on the Barchetta. Much better selection of tires for the 19" 575M wheels, though.

F456M likes this.
  2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I thought it was the car from Florida.

I really liked that car!

Let us know how she drives.

3. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Genuine Low Mile cars carry a premium. You were very lucky!

4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  6. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    I totally missed the 7K mile car till now! lol

7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    And I totally forgot your car and Kerstens are both still “original owners”.

todays RC is low options but resale red….nice to have a $20k recent maintenance receipt.

will be interesting to see where it stops.

ps that set of 550 luggage also has me drooling….it’s frankly too nice for me….I do hope it’s crema and not Sabbia because I really want a set but I don’t want to pay 5-digits…..

8. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    Yes, its hard to believe that we are one of the only 1-owner ones left around! Such a great car, I cannot see selling it unless financial disaster hits. Pops bought it when he sold his company, and it will stay in the family forever, I think. Lots of emotion tied to it. I remember as a college kid sitting in the dealership building the spec in 1997! First car I drove 200mph in. Funny, Moms still has the PTS 996 that she ordered on the same day. We are an overly emotionally attached to cars family! lol

The luggugage is nice, but my mind just says "My tumi is better and loads less $" lol

Condor Man and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  9. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Wow... I didn't know the 550 could hit 200mph.

So I just looked it up on Youtube and saw this;

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    CM- They can do 200 mph indicated.

Condor Man likes this.
  11. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  12. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Trojan horse if you ask me. Two decades of storage = two decades of decay in many respects. Looks like buyers priced that in.

Condor Man likes this.
  13. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Joe - I say this sincerely and with interest as I value your methodology/insight - what does your gut tell you it would have changed hands at…had it just a few more miles but not as long a storage run?

Condor Man likes this.
  14. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Or the other question would have been how much would it have taken to get her back up to shape.

My guess is $20 - $25,000.

May the Horse be with you

15. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Qksilver and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  16. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It would still be a euro with grey interior - maybe $250K?

I think BaT is predominantly becoming a catch-all for cars that are challenging to retail or have skeletons in the closet, so I personally price in the “what if it’s not what it looks like” with BaT sales.

Top cars don’t need BaT to break records. Sellers want no part in dealing with that. Buyers of those cars want eyes on them and no urgency to understand what they may be buying. BaT is a good way to get exposure among the middle section of buyers who are less picky and below the step-change in the pricing curve that captures the full spectrum from drivers to investment grade.

brogenville likes this.
  17. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's indeed a bargain - but with the steering wheel on the wrong side the market is limited...

19. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’m never doing a drive thru in a Maranello so I’ll take a RHD ;-)

LVP488 likes this.
  20. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-ferrari-550-barchetta-5/

Was going to post on the BaT peanut gallery, but didnt feel its appropriate... and Im sure Rifledriver or someone else will chime in about people can do whatever they want with the car and their money...

Sorry... opposing opinion, but what a waste of a beautiful car. It never has, and likely never will reach anywhere the performance and enjoyment these were built for. Sure its going to set records, but this is for a static vehicle, not a car anyone is likely going to enjoy as designed.

This negates all the talk of how great these are to drive (550 platform) or how perfect of an engine and how comfortable they are. Just doesnt apply to this vehicle anymore. Is it even appropriate to have ANY service done at this point or is that part of the lore to a super low mile car, and preserving its 'originality'

Condor Man likes this.
  21. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I clearly agree. I get off on stories and adventures by dudes like @F456M @Clyde Romero @niftyfivefifty @tazandjan @308 GTB etc.

The old adage of not fornicating robustly with your wife because you are saving her for her next beau rings true for me as it relates to garage queens!

F456M and Aerosurfer like this.
  22. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Some say that "why save your girlfriend for the next guy" etc., but what about taking a moment to translate that into our own lives? I mean. Can you you really experience you 20s and 30s again? What if you later change your mind or life change into another direction. Would you be happy thinking "I owned a 550 Maranello for five years, and I saved it for next generations"? :) Maybe there are other really cool cars that can be more interesting to drive. I like the experiences with my past cars, but many of them are not interesting to buy again. It would be atrange to walk around and regret all the things I did not do.