Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550? | Page 66 | FerrariChat

Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Agreed on price and if the owner is watching this and doesn’t want to make the investment to bring the car (with paintwork and no owners manual etc) current on maintenance then he should try real hard with the top bidder to get a deal done.

Texas Forever and otoupalik like this.
  2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    That interior in tan under the silver would have gotten my blood pumping a bit more, no doubt, Even if I would prefer a _bit_ less quilting. As you say, though, it’s super rare.

I also think the seller would have done well to have avoided agreeing with someone accusing you in particular of attempting to “tank” the auction.

Ummm…yeah, ‘cause we don’t want to see Maranellos become valuable or anything, no no no.

3. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    Having been in/around the automotive industry for over 30 years, it pissed me off when lazy people try for the money grab! I will not expand as my day is crazy! But sellers like that get what they deserve in tough markets like we have now. This is no longer Q1 2022!

Blu, tan, Burgandy or even black interior would have set that car apart IMHO.

I also did not like the quilting, but rare is rare!

I will also add that sellers who avoid transparency and act like ass-clowns (taking digs at people who know the chassis better than they do) never win on BAT. Saying we have 2 bidders start the car as a reason why its ok to not be concerned about the belts not being done, or saying we have 80 Ferraris for sale, so they know better.... all sends really shady vibes!

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I wonder if that was a shill bid but under the reserve?

otoupalik likes this.
  5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The smartest is always have a friend help push right to the point before BaT would waive the fee to close so at least the hammer is as close to reserve as possible….

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It’s surprising to many how often the shill/ghost/etc happens but it definitely is…that recent C&B auction was gross.

otoupalik likes this.
  7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    always a possibility.

8. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Shhhhh...... dont say the quiet part out loud
    o_O

9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    lol that’s for sure….

10. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    I bet the problem is he asked the dealer "what is it worth?" and the dealer said "400K" without really understanding the market or the car. So I would bet that the owner has unrealistic expectations based on relying on a dealer who has no clue....

11. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ewright likes this.
  12. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    brogenville likes this.
  13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  14. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
  15. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  16. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
  17. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1643 NE550, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
    Haven't we all been saying for years now how wonderful Maranellos are, how they're among to very best front engine V12 Ferraris ever made, how they're grossly undervalued in the market? Well, here you go... We may think it's nutty, but the old saying "nothing ventured, nothing gained" applies here. Maranellos, especially 550s and manual 575s, have been hot for going on two years now as the market has finally started to recognize these cars as legit collectible Ferraris. Sellers continue to test the upper reaches of the market with these prices for "investment grade" ultra low mile examples. Time will tell where things go, and maybe prices will get overheated and we'll see a correction at some point, but for the time being it's exciting to watch.

Ferrari55whoa and otoupalik like this.
  18. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The counter view (not that you can stop reality)... is it discouraging for current owners or future dreamers to watch their cars value skyrocket that utilizing or wanting one becomes less realistic?

How did Dino/daytona/330 owners feel and adapt as the market spoke over the years?

Anyone wish they would linger where they are for just a bit?

19. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think for guys that are looking for “drivers” there will still be reasonable options.

The BaT and other action at the top of the market are guys that have cubic yardage of dinero and don’t want to search or hunt and want sub-20k mile cars. For guys that want to actually drive and use their cars there should be options. It’s possible that it’s easier for those of us in major areas….after I dropped you at the train station I went to my mechanic and between his two buildings there conservatively had to 75 cars (?) many of which I’m sure could be bought. I walked past a white FF and said how I was watching that market and was then told of course it was available if interested. All jokes aside another dad at our daughters softball team is a car guy and casually mentioned he was just starting to research GTC Lusso’s and I mentioned the FF locally….then Thursday last week when I dropped the 550 of my mechanic said he does have one client with a GTC Lusso for sale….sometimes guys just need to explore the old school method….its more fun and you can do a PPI and save the auction fee.

I think some of those
    “reasonably priced - non-investment-grade” V12’s are out there…it’s just that the divide between investor and driver will continue to widen

20. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    What makes you think it will widen? It's not like the driver cars are in need of restorations yet at this point in their life. What you suggest is more plausible for cars such as a 330GTC (or similar), where the gulf between fully restored cars and those in need of restoration is wide - due to the high cost of restoring these cars. The same does not (yet) hold true for the more contemporary Maranello...

otoupalik likes this.
  21. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    I don't see it widening either. I think the current delta will remain, but I don't see driver cars falling while low mileage cars climb.

22. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Takes multiple opinions to make a market.

otoupalik likes this.
  23. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    vraa and otoupalik like this.
  24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    This Superamerica may have a titanium exhaust, but it obviously was not part of HGTC. Wonder if I have his HGTC mufflers on my 575M?

Ferrari55whoa likes this.