News

Mark's Cruise Night, E. Granby CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by mulo rampante, Jul 9, 2011.

1. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    I may be plus 2 tonight and may have to take my old mustang with 4 seats but if not I'll bring my 348.

If I bring it I may try to time it to meet up with you guys so we can all park near each other- what time??
    Chris

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Chris:

Sounds good. I'll be arriving at the Air Museum (discussion on p. 1 of this thread) around 6 pm. The museum closes then, so it makes a nice assembly point. Last time we did this we were all accounted before 6:30 and then went to the site (about 1/2 mile away) as a group.

I'm hoping to do the same tonight. Look forward to seeing you...
    Charles

4. mulo rampante

Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Running a little late here... should be 6:15 to 6:30... if you guys gather first and head over there I'll catch up when I arrive. Sorry...

5. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    How did it go? Sorry I missed it. This was the week from hell at work. 75+ hour workweek this week, and 24 hours worked last week (on my week off!) I think I got out of work at around midnight on Monday.

6. mulo rampante

Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Eric:

It was me and Chris (carguy70). He brought a nice 348 spider. He's never been to one of our Glastonbury meets but hopes to soon. Good conversation, he's owned quite a few cars you'd find interesting.
    I think attendance was in the high 500's, didn't see any other exotics, though there were quite a few euro cars. For future reference, they run the thing every weekend into the fall until attendance drops below 200 cars.

Been really busy here as well, three projects and a proposal I'm trying to get out. Shouldn't prevent a Glastonbury visit tomorrow though.

Charles

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. EnfieldJoe

EnfieldJoe Karting

Aug 25, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I miss that Monday night car show. Used to bring in approximately 500 cars each week. Down here in Savannah, their is NOTHING. I see classics driving around but a car show down here brings in a dozen cars, or less.

9. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Lots of nice cars hidden away in garages on Skidaway Island. I've been lucky enough to sneak a peek at quite a few of them :)

10. EnfieldJoe

EnfieldJoe Karting

Aug 25, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I know some Fcar owners here and heard of the driving club. See classics (50s,60s & Muscle Cars driving around), but they don't seem to have gatherings like in New England. (I was born, raised, and educated in CT. Been down here about 3 years now by way of SoCal.)

11. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    traimpz348 likes this.
  14. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I might try ands stop by the night of the 14th...

BJK likes this.
  15. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #37 BJK, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:53 AM
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM
    Mopar night, 6/14, and Corvette night, 7/19, are usually the biggest turn-outs. :cool:

503 'show' cars on that HOT night. :)

16. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Wow. That’s a big turn out. Do European cars show up?

17. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Well there is a VW night :p , but everything and anything is welcome, new, old, rat-rod, custom or stock, but the majority is American muscle. :cool:
    500 cars is not big for Mark's. It was too hot for many.

traimpz348 likes this.