Marshall Goldman Motors? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Marshall Goldman Motors?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FarhanRoute786, Feb 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    They are like any other car dealer. Not all the opinions being posted on here are negative, some folks have had good or great experiences, and not all the negative experiences being related are "internet hearsay". Some of them are direct and personal....like mine. They offered to pick me up at the airport (its only like 7 miles from the dealership) and then forgot. When I called them from the airport, they sent the detailer to pick me up. Then, because the car I was particularly looking at wasn't the top dollar in their inventory, they pretty much blew me off once I was there. I'm Southern and old school, hospitality is respect and expected. The car was pretty much everything I was looking for but I went home. Cars are cars and there is always another one. But I won't fund rudeness.

ScottJon, turbokraft, root and 3 others like this.
  2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Did you get further than a phone or email inquiry?? I tend to have nothing but disdain for most used car sellers, but I also see how they become jaded by tire kickers, not that you are one. Internet reviews are worthless IMHO. I judge by personal experience. I have $750M of sales under my belt because I don't disqualify potential buyers with BS. Any used exotic dealer that will not permit an independent PPI is a non-starter for me. I wouldn't want ANY car that was from the midwest or Florida. Just my preferences.

Is Ferrari of SF servicing your TR?? I would HIGHLY recommend you get to know Patrick Ottis in Berkeley to get the most out of your car.

I doubt Ferrari of Orlando would have helped get my mom's car delivered. And full disclosure, I would NEVER buy a car from a car swapper like Marshall Goldman. I just have a problem with people that slam a place on the Internet without actually doing business with them. If their attitude ran you off, that might have been the best thing that ever happened to you, you should be grateful.

Just an example of the kind of BS that gets posted on the Internet about my local Ferrari dealer, Towbin.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

And here is a review from a friend of mine, and a long time FChatter that has actually done business with Towbin. @ryalex

I have bought nine vehicles from the Towbin family. I will buy more in the future. Whose review matters, mine and Ryan's, or strangers that got their panties in a bunch because the Ferrari dealer in a town they were visiting as tourists didn't roll out the red carpet for them???

ryalex, Lusso123 and G. Pepper like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

You do have valid points. I actually visited the shop whilst on business trip in Cleveland area for work and when I went back made further contact on the car and the PPI.
    Ferrari of SF serviced my car before moving to Roberto Roselli an independent closer to where I live and a tad cheaper too;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My point remains that I shop for the car, not the dealer. Qualify yourself before you start negotiating and see what happens.

BOKE and killer58 like this.
  5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    You are correct. MGM is just another used car dealership. You did the right thing. If they don't treat you right and you can get the car elsewhere, go for it. If they have the car that you can't find anywhere, swallow your pride and deal with it.

My "Internet hearsay" comments were directed at @Natkingcolebasket69 for posting anonymous reviews from a Google search. You are the only person that posted an actual negative experience. I value your opinion along with those that did business with a positive outcome. Al the other opinions posted in this thread are worthless noise IMHO.

Hopkins is about 20 miles down the 480 from the dealership. Take an Uber next time you go look at a car. I would never be held hostage by a used car dealer in a strange city. Bad form on your part brother.

What and where did you end up dropping your $$$ on a car??? There are so many good cars and sellers out there I never understand how so many people get caught up by less than reputable dealers. All the used exotic dealers popping up recently just make me laugh.

6. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    "Helped arrange". Again, my experience was a good one, and the purchase price was a good one too (don't remember the ask, but they are in the business of selling cars and we're realistic with the selling price).

If you are a serious buyer, and they have the car you are after, it's definitely worth the effort.

BOKE likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

I am not too sure who that is for;)
    At the end of the day that’s why this forum is good the OP can make his decisions based on a variety of experiences and that’s what he is looking for in the end.

8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Sebastien,
    Sorry, you ever had to visit my home town. LOL There isn't a shop in all of Cleveland that I would trust for a PPI, Columbus is the closest shop I could recommend.
    Roberto Roselli is a second generation shop if I remember correctly. I used to ship my cars to the Bay area before we had a dealership in Las Vegas.
    Cheers,
    Marc

9. Natkingcolebasket69

I must admit Cleveland didn’t leave the best of impression;)
    Roselli is old school but good for older cars.
    I love Las Vegas: studied and played a year at UNLV amazing experience; fun memories!

10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Tout de suite, vous êtes allé chez Marshall Goldman, voulez-vous vraiment acheter une voiture dans un endroit comme celui-ci plutôt que chez un concessionnaire Ferrari réputé ???

Je ne défendais jamais MGM autrement que par un problème de retour anonyme sur Internet. La prochaine fois que vous vous rendrez à Las Vegas, assurez-vous de me draguer.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

They had the car I wanted lol, not sure ur translation was correct on your last sentence because you said to flirt with you next time in Vegas lol;)

12. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    No, that is exactly what I meant to say.;)

13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Frankly, I don't blame them or anyone else with this policy. Allowing a car to leave your shop and go to another shop to be torn apart by a tech you may not now is a very bad idea. Seems like they do allow techs to do a PPI on there premise and I subscribe to that policy.

BOKE likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Even taking the car to a Ferrari dealer?i see where u are coming from though and appreciate your point of view.

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Correct. Stuff happens, door dings, leather tears, blah blah blah. Not worth the risk. I did a PPI for a friend at a shop in TX. They were fools to allow me to do it. They had zero idea who I was and what my experience is. They totally left me alone to do whatever I wanted with the car. Good for my friend (who didn't buy it) but foolish for the shop to allow. Now, I know 355's and didn't hurt the car one bit but they had know way to know that ;)

16. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The nearest Ferrari dealer is MAG in Columbus. MGM is legit. Uninformed buyers can't be protected from themselves.

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I have a hard time believing it would be done like this, because DMVs and services like CarFax log registration, smog and service mileage intervals. You would have to have a grey market car that has never been documented by any agency or reporting service in the USA.

BOKE likes this.
  18. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The Internet has nasty things to say about our friends Rich and Omar too. How are your Yelp reviews, Ryan? LOL

Putting any weight into crap reviews on the Internet, or ANY positive reviews posted anywhere on the Internet that can't be verified is fruitless and laughable to me.

19. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I bought my 458 from MG. I drove to their location on a Saturday and was able to drive the car and look it over. I traded in my 430 and the transaction was pretty painless. I would classify myself as a pretty demanding customer and I asked a lot out of them. Honestly, they had the patience to carry out all my requests and I appreciated that. They weren't rude and honestly they were not pushy. I had my PPI done by Earl at North Coast Exotics at their facility. He and I went over the car, looked for codes, wear and tear, any unusual items, etc. When I took in the car for the annual service, my local Ferrari dealer also went over the car for me and said that it was in great shape (no issues and exactly the same thing that Earl said). If I have to pick one item that didn't go as smoothly as it should have, was simply getting the paperwork in a timely manner. Other than that, my experince was pretty good overall and if they had a car a wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again. YMMV

INRange, alum04org and Dave rocks like this.
  20. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Found the car I ended up buying at Grand Prix Cafe out in the Hamptons. An odd little personal collection administered by the nephew of the owner. He rolls a few cars over every year it seems.

21. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    A friend of mine on Long Island has bought a couple of Porsches from them. A little nicer place than Marshall's.;)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Indeed, I've been happy with the car, the deal, the treatment, etc. I tagged their website tonight after my previous post and they seem to have more cars for sale (including a 550 and a 575) and more promotion for their restorations services and the shop. Slowly appear to be trying to grow the place.

23. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    First post here on FC. I am a new 360 spider owner. I see that being vocal about a problem can help someone like Speed Phenom. I am not a professional Youtuber but the Ferrari community is pretty tight knit, so I thought might as well share my story.

I am a real customer of Marshall Goldman so you need to read this. I purchased a ferrari 360 in December 2020. Please read the BBB page of this business to view my complaint along with others filed against this business.
    As an internet customer from San Francisco, I received my ferrari from them with shipping damage, mechanical damage and missing items.
    I did not expect a perfect car. I expected a drivers condition 20 year old car. I received a car with major cosmetic damage and a car that wouldn't pass smog. In California if you don't pass smog you can't driven or register the car. Once I received the car to my home, I had to wait 3 more months just to be able to drive it. This is becoming a nightmare.
    I paid for a PPI arranged by Marshall Goldman and Enclosed Trailer Shipping arranged by Marshall Goldman. I expected the 5-star experience and left with 0-star experience.
    4 months later, I am still owed a missing ferrari key as well as reimbursement for mechanical work. The car arrived with a check engine light and I was instructed by Arthur Knight to keep driving it until it went away. Driving the car around didn't magically make the check engine light go away. Manager Danny Baker accused me of making false claims even though I provided irrefutable proof. After months of stringing me along, saying they would take care of me, they finally come back with the answer of your sale was AS IS. Translation: too bad you're on your own, buyer beware.
    I am writing this review in May 2021, 4 months after the purchase date, so obviously being able to work out a solution directly with this business did not happen.
    Be very careful with this dealership. once the car is in your possession their hands are washed. They are done with you. If you see any issues send the car back and don't sign for it.
    If my friends or family asked me my opinion on this dealership, I say don't buy from them at all. There are plenty of other dealerships.
    If you want to know more specifics, there are more details in the BBB website and my YouTube channel robchiang31
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    FWIW, dealers from outside of CA don’t need to get the car they are selling to be CA smog compliant. That’s really your job and probably something you should have looked into in more detail before making the decision to buy the car.

I just purchased a 355 from NC 2 months ago. I knew the car did not pass smog. I looked at the setup and knew exactly why it didn’t. I made the decision to sort it on my own.

BOKE likes this.
  25. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    Hi ShineKen,

Yes I made some mistakes on this purchase. Hindsight is 20/20.

'Sold-new US Market cars' should always be able to pass US smog tests without any modifications done to the emissions system. From what I understand, SMOG can't pass when there is an engine fault code present. Thankfully, the car is fully registered and tagged now.

In summary, the point that I was trying to make is that Marshall Goldman advertised the car to me as "Fully Sorted" as well as the PPI company that said there were no mechanical issues with the car (Seller arranged the PPI), but the car arrived as a basketcase. I wasn't trying to buy a project car. As I went through their recent online reviews and BBB claims, I am not the only one surprised after delivery.

Speed Phenom was able to resolve his issue with Marshall Goldman the 600LT delivered with a zip tie bumper by going to social media. I am just a regular guy...

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this issue?