Mase Flash - ECU upgrades for 360/F430 - 2019 Group Buy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mase Flash - ECU upgrades for 360/F430 - 2019 Group Buy

Discussion in '360/430' started by MaseEngineering, Jan 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    No sir, the shifting is handled by a different control unit.

2. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Yes 98 RON is like our 93 Octane (RON+MON/2). You never want to rely on the knock sensor to pull by backing in order to keep the engine safe. We would recommend doing our 95 RON tune if you werent going to consistently get 98 RON - Power gains would still be 25-27 whp, still extremely noticeable increase. Theres about a 3-5 whp difference between the octane tunes.

3. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Today is the last day to get on the 360/F430 ecu flash discount! If anyone has any questions please let me know.

whatheheck, tifosi101 and Ghostdiver like this.
  4. psb1013

psb1013 Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    How's the improvement in acceleration below 4,000 RPM? One my biggest gripes is that there is often a "pause" when taking off from a dead stop.

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If yours in a F1 sounds like it may actually be Clutch slip related. Have you had your car hooked up to a diagnostic machine and perhaps had the PIS adjusted?

6. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    If the pause you’re talking about is after the clutch has fully engaged and in gear, we can absolutely smooth that out. The factory throttle maps are pretty conservative. The tune not only livens the throttle response, but it will make power increases all the way through the rpm range.

7. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Done....now I just have to decide if I ship the ECU's or trailer the car...

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ghost- bring the car for dyno tuning. Let us know impressions sir. Please

Ghostdiver and 360trev like this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Personally I would let Mase do an on the car tune, so much better to let him Dyno it actually against your engine with a custom tune. I'll leave that up to Steve himself to comment on. Don't want to step on anyone's toes.

tifosi101 and Ghostdiver like this.
  10. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    PM sent.....

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    was just directed to this thread, interested for my completely stock 2006 430 coupe.

couple questions
    - the factory says we have 483 bhp, given the lower numbers in the mase ad, i guess the factory numbers are not at the wheels?
    - same for torque?
    - does the ecu upgrade cause the cel light to come on? in texas we cannot get the car licensed with a cel light.
    - does the ecu upgrade alter the exhaust outcome for license testing?
    - does it change the way the car can be serviced using ferrari laptops?
    - do i have to change anything else about the car to get the claimed upgrade benefits?
    - other than the dyno, has anybody run any other before/after tests, like acceleration times (i know that this has a lot of variables, but just asking).

12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    was just directed to this thread, interested for my completely stock 2006 430 coupe.

couple questions
    - the factory says we have 483 bhp, given the lower numbers in the mase ad, i guess the factory numbers are not at the wheels?
    - same for torque?
    - does the ecu upgrade cause the cel light to come on? in texas we cannot get the car licensed with a cel light.
    - does the ecu upgrade alter the exhaust outcome for license testing?
    - does it change the way the car can be serviced using ferrari laptops?
    - do i have to change anything else about the car to get the claimed upgrade benefits?
    - other than the dyno, has anybody run any other before/after tests, like acceleration times (i know that this has a lot of variables, but just asking).

13. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    To answer your questions:

Correct, the OEMs use horsepower figures at the flywheel, or what they consider bhp (brake horsepower) and does not include drivetrain losses. We use actual wheel horsepower measured at the wheels on our chassis dyno.

No the ecu flash does not cause the CEL light to turn on

The ecu flash will not alter exhaust emissions during steady driving or idle where emissions testing would be performed

The ecu flash does not change the obd2 functions, all servicing and diagnostic tools will work normally.

The claims above are true to what is stated. We have many clients who have a completely 100% stock engine and still enjoy the added benefits from our ECU Flash

Its very hard to compare acceleration numbers from car to car, its common to use GPS and the number of apps and products I've seen vary. In the future, I do think it would be helpful but the static conditions would have to be controlled well in order to get some real useful data.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Flea7, ross and whatheheck like this.
  14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Steve is a great guy. I've spoken with him a few times and I have complete confidence in his abilities and I vouch for his integrity and character.

He tuned the ECU software on my F430 Spider a year ago now and I am and still 100% satisfied.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mathewr and Flea7 like this.
  15. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    ________________________________________________________________________________

I have had 9,000 RPM ecu tune on my f430 spider since 5,000 km from new, now 34,000 km all more than ok

Did the same on my Stadale too

whatheheck likes this.
  16. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the great info!

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016

I have a 360 2004 headers, catless midpipes, exhaust, and k&n intakes.
    Parts are being installed this weekend.
    I am in CA but not subject to emissions testing, car is on permanent registration in MT. However I don’t want a CEL

I’d also like the transmission tune. But I have heard that the CS TCU does not store mileage like the standard. Is this true? And if so will it cause red flags if I ever decide to sell my car?

What are my options and pricing. Please feel free to DM me. I am ready to pull the ECU’s and TCU and send to you ASAP.

Thanks

18. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    My apologies, I didnt see your reply! While we don't specialize in the TCU side of things, we have a lot of clients who opt for the the CS TCU and love it. I honestly dont feel like you will have any redflags. I have a leonardo at my disposal when needed, and upon hooking up to the TCU, you can see overall run time and times you've actuated the gears, etc. But I dont see an over mileage even on the standard TCUs.

Please shoot me a PM if you have any questions further, and again I'm very sorry I was so late replying

19. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Guys, I am doing a group buy for a couple other models of ferraris and have asked if I will extend the discount to the 360/430 models to match. YES I will. I will run the discount until June 30, 2019.

If you haven't done so, get our ECU Flash! You wont be disappointed.

tifosi101 and whatheheck like this.
  20. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I am 1,000% satisfied with my software tune from Mase Engineering.

It's been almost a year and I am completely satisfied with the improvement.

Highly recommended.

Dan

21. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I can second Dan's comments as well.

Originally, I planned on bringing my car in for the install and dyno tune. However, that thing called life got in the way and just like a kid who can't wait until Christmas, I elected to take the trouble free method and send them in. Few days later, they showed up. Plan was to take my car to a local shop with a dyno and get runs before and after. But again, just like Christmas....that box was just sitting there calling my name....so I threw them in and fired it up. Very deceptive upon initial start up, until you push the fun pedal!

whatheheck likes this.
  22. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Thank you guys, I appreciate the honest feedback!!

whatheheck and Ghostdiver like this.