Mase Flash - ECU upgrades for 360/F430 - Best mod for your Ferrari | FerrariChat

Mase Flash - ECU upgrades for 360/F430 - Best mod for your Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by MaseEngineering, Dec 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Hello all,

I’ve decided to finally make a thread regarding our ECU Flashes. Specifically for the 360/F430 Models. We became a Ferrari Chat sponsor a couple months ago and look forward to becoming more active within the community. You can read the following thread regarding a clients firsthand experience in tuning his F430 at our facility.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/getting-custom-ecu-tune-at-mase-engineering.542233/

ECU Flashing

Each Ferrari model will have a certain hardware and software type. There are usually a handful of different software calibrations for each model. What model year, country/region of the globe will usually differ. We have seen almost every type of software type across both the 360 and F430. So with every car we start with the factory calibration type and modify it from there.

Besides the obvious increase of power, we optimize many different tables, one big one to note; the throttle maps to make the car more responsive. Clients’ feedback also tends to usually note how much smoother the engine and power delivery are. For those who track their car, many report better fuel consumption figures as well. We customize the flash to your certain specs/fuel.

Ferrari Models we have experience with: 360, F430, 458, 488, 599, FF, F12

Below are actual dyno charts of before and after an ECU flash done in house on our dyno:

360:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F430:

Who we are and why you should choose us

Simply put: Experience. We have extensive knowledge not only with the Ferrari models, but across the spectrum of sports cars. We have been calibrating engines for 16 years. We do all programming in-house, and all is developed on our all wheel drive Dyno Dynamics chassis dynamometer. We have thousands of clients running our flashes/tunes in street and race cars across the globe.

Motorsports also are a big part of my business. We work with many race teams across IMSA and Pirelli World challenge road racing series. I have been an engineer working amongst the pro ranks since 2010. I am also involved with SCCA, NASA, PCA and other club racing series. In a sport where reliability is crucial, as well as finding the last tenth of a second of potential can make or break your race weekend. While in IMSA we run two McLaren 570s GT4 cars and Audi RS3's, I am also a Ferrari owner (F430) so I have a soft spot for the brand being an owner and enthusiast.

How it works

Since most of our Ferrari Clientele does not live near us, it requires the ECU(s) to be shipped to our facility. When you place the order for the ECU Flash on our website (www.Maseflash.com), you will be emailed back with an instruction guide on how to uninstall/install the ECUs, as well as quick sheet to fill out (specs of your specific car) to include back to us when you package up the ECUs . From there when we receive the shipment, we will customize the tune to your requirements, flash them and return them back to you promptly.

We often have clients who ship or drive their cars to our facility in Florida who want a more custom tune on our chassis dyno as another option.

Pricing

With the help of Dan (username: whatheheck) I’ve decided to go ahead and offer a Group Buy / Holiday Sale on all of our ECU Flashes for the Ferrari models. We are extending a 10% discount on any ECU Flash.

The 360 ECU flash normally is $995, discounted to $895.50.

The F430 ECU Flash normally is $1495.00 discounted to $1345.50.

https://maseflash.com/discount/FCHAT is the direct link that will automatically add the discount.

You can also email us for further help with the purchase.

FAQ

How much will the flash increase the performance of my vehicle?

Results will vary. We are very realistic when it comes to publishing actual gains. Every dyno reads differently.

Why does the cost vary based on Ferrari model?

With the exception of the 488, most late model Ferraris have two ECUs. The ECU type varies based on what model. Some ECUs are easier to work with than others.

Will this harm my engine or reduce the engine reliability?

No, we simply don’t put the engine in harm’s way. Like many manufactures, the 360 and F430 engines are very conservatively tuned from the factory. We don’t release anything that has not been tested extensively.

Can you disable that annoying check engine light?

Many people have been discussing disabling the check engine light in many threads. Due to government/EPA restrictions I can only disable CELs/DTCs for off road purpose only. Being a public forum, I would not like to get involved more in depth due to obvious reasons. For more specific help regarding troubleshooting a check engine light, please email us or send us a private message.

I’d like to Flash my ECUs, but my car is already stored for the winter, can I still get in on the discount?

Yes, the sale will go on until midnight on Dec. 31st. You can purchase the flash on our website and can ship us the ECU(s) at a later date at your convenience.

Can you flash other types of cars?

Absolutely, we tune many different makes and models. Please contact us directly for further information.

We look forward to working with many of you, and as always, please let us know if anyone has any further questions. We will update this thread periodically as more questions arise.

Regards,

Steve

www.MaseEngineering.com www.MaseFlash.com

Attached Files:

whatheheck, Flea7 and f12tm like this.
  2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Any experience with flashing a scuderia ecu?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    tune is for stock cars? or do most tune after changing headers, exhaust etc?

4. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    pm'd you

5. mikevf430

mikevf430 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just sent PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I'm in!

Thank you Steve for this great offer to our FChat members.

Sincerely appreciated.

Dan

mkzhang likes this.
  7. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ordered! Thanks Steve and Dan! Now I just have to find the time to take out the ecu...

MaseEngineering and whatheheck like this.
  8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Same here....

I am currently on medical leave of absence.
    I had total right knee replacement on Nov 20th, 2017.
    The 1st two weeks post surgery is nothing bug pain from hell :( It hurts so freaking bad..........

I am now on my 18th day post surgery and the pain is finally starting to subside.
    I am hoping to be well enough in another 2 weeks so I can remove my ECU's and send them to Steve.

Thanks again Steve.

Dan

f355spider likes this.
  9. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Steve reflashed my ecu,s of my F430 last march. The turn around time was quick and the outcome is awesome. Very happy with his work

whatheheck likes this.
  10. mikevf430

mikevf430 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What’s outcome ? Can you elaborate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

more HP, smoother throttle

12. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase

Yes we have done several Scuderias. The gains from the Ecu flash on the scud are similar to the regular f430, (usually 25-30 whp gain on 93 octane). The Scud shown above had a full Capristo exhaust (headers, cats, muffler) and it picked up right at 30 whp from the custom tune we did for the client.

whatheheck and 808Forza like this.
  13. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    About 50% of the cars we flash are stock. 50% are modified. ECU Flashing for these cars yields the best bang for your buck. The engine doesn't need to be modified at all to benefit from the ECU Flash. However with that being said, the cars that have headers/exhaust combined with our tune make the most power increase over stock.

whatheheck, Flea7, bocaf430 and 2 others like this.
  14. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Steve,
    Message sent

15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Dan,
    let me know if you need help. I suspect the process of taking out the ecu's are not good for the knees.

whatheheck likes this.
  16. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Thinking about doing this. One thing I have noticed is all the dyno graphs show hp still rising (hasn't flattened off) at redline. Every other car I have had made peak hp well before redline. I wonder where the actual hp peak is on a 430. Maybe they make more than we think but are limited before they get there. Can a tune increase the rev limit to say 9000? Is that safe?

17. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks my friend. You're a very kind man.

I'm hoping I'm well enough to do the ECU removal sometime next week. If my knees still hurt really bad and I still can't kneel I may just take you up on your offer. I will let you know.

Thanks again. Sincerely appreciated.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Are you also able to control the opening of the factory exhaust valves? IE have them open at lower RPM more frequently?

19. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Also are you able to make the cold start work with the exhaust valves closed. For us with no cats, its shakes the whole neighbourhood.

I know the Italia tuning allows the cold start feature to be quiet

20. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I have a question also. Can the dealer see the tune? I only ask because the car is under cpo and I don't want to be denied for something due a tune.

21. gobuffs2002

gobuffs2002 Karting

Aug 7, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    I have the CS TCU, Fabspeed Headers, Hyperflow cats and the CS Racing exhaust. Does the ECU tune take into consideration these mods? or is the ECU tune designed for the stock configuration.
    Thanks for the clarification.

22. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    From my experience with ecu tune John, the ecu flash is custom to individual's vehicle. Some flash are stock if the owners left it that way. If I were to do the tune, I would tell Mase that I had my headers replaced with aftermarket and tune with just that. Others will inform Mase of header, exhaust, etc.

whatheheck likes this.
  23. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Sorry for not getting these questions answered sooner:

I've had a couple people ask about this, we will look into devloping.

Another good idea, the exhaust valves use vacuum, I will try to define these tables more precisely, especially in the f430. I have them defined for the 360.

We have done many many ECU Flashes, and have yet to have any feedback negative from clients visiting the dealer. Most newer cars, they have flash counters built in. Being that the 360's and F430's are a little older, and we bench flash them, this does not pertain to this. Hence, we have not had any dealer able to tell.
    Further, we've worked with a couple dealerships with some Flashes for their customers as well. So far all positive.

We do customize the tune directly for your exact modifications. Its not an one size fits all.

Couple days left for the Group Buy, we've had a lot of people get in on it, and I think everyone is very happy so far!

Hope everyone has a nice rest of the Holiday Season.

Steve

whatheheck likes this.
  24. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Steve, thanks for the great information above.

I have received and paid the invoice you sent me.
    Thank you again for this group buy discount for our members!

My right knee is healing from the total right knee replacement I had, and its getting better and better & less painful each day. But its still a little difficult and painful to kneel....

I plan on removing my ECU on Monday next week and ship them to you ASAP for the reflash.

Happy New Year to you and your entire family.

Dan Loyola

25. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Will additional modifications require a RedLaser? For example, if I have exhaust, test pipes now, but planning on adding headers, will it require a retune?

Assuming the car will drive fine, just not at optimal levels.