Maserati 3200GT | FerrariChat

Maserati 3200GT

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by GaryC, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryC

GaryC Rookie

Mar 11, 2004
    New to the forum....bear with me.....

I'm toying with getting a used Maserati 3200 GT (probably manual, possibly auto). Having 'owned Italian' before, albeit modestly through Alfa's, I know the special electrics and temperamental nature of the beasts.....and know the good times make the bad times bearable....and that issues/problems that would make my Merc car keys meet the dealer at high velocity, are put down to 'character'!

My head says go 'German' (or possibly XKR) but my heart is with the Italians...and if I pass up the chance to own a genuine Italian sports car while I can, I'll never forgive myself.

But.......

I'm keen to know of any ownership tales/encouragement/discouragement......

The car WILL be a daily driver, but commute is only c15 miles e/w. Fuel is paid for so consumption not a major issue, and the local Maserati/Ferrari Dealer is only 3 miles away from home, so the impact of problems are diminished...

Fankoo! :cool:

2. AlexHancock

AlexHancock Rookie

Feb 14, 2003
    At the risk of upsetting other FerrariChat members, if you want feedback on the 3200GT then you're better off going to www.PistonHeads.com as this site is mostly American and the 3200GT wasn't sold there.

I own one and it's been very reliable and I've been very happy with it.

3. GaryC

GaryC Rookie

Mar 11, 2004
    Thanks Alex