Maserati bottom guesses? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Maserati bottom guesses?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Davidindallas, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey Allan you're supposed to wear a hard hat under those palm trees.

Posted by allan on the tr v countach thread in chicago - I see one of your wanted cars is a 928GTS. Awesome car. A few years back i helped my girlfriend, now wife,
    buy a pristine 1988 928S4. It only had 24,000 original miles. Was red/tan with chrome 18 inch RUF wheels, Gts
    cams, Adjustable fuel presure reg, nology wires, and a chip. Car was automatic, but it would move. I loved it,
    wife...hated it. Ill have to dig up a picture.

Allan the 928 is something special in performance, history, and looks. It is true that the maintenance can be a problem. But that is because its complicated and because of few qualified mechanics. But it is a very reliable car built for more miles than a handful of ferraris will see. As for maseratis i was sitting in 2 yesterday, looking at the engine, and driving with them. They are very nice and look similiar to the only car i would take over my pristine 85 s2 - the vanquish. In the real world these 0-60 times some people fight about mean ****e. Too many showroom exotic buyers buy their cars and treat them like some priceless wine bottle, enjoy it for its intended purpose and it has no more value. Are you guys drivers or investors. Buy it, enjoy it, and smile because life is too short.
    Allan i kinda envy your domicile but not being there with those cars. I have been on 3 of the islands and even oahu would get cramped with those cars.
    T

2. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Do you think the new Qporte will lose value as fast as the other new Maserati's or hold it's value better ?

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    928 was awesome, and i picked it up for peanuts. Lot of car for the money. In the end, the Maserati may very well be, alot of car for the money.

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I would be interested to know what percentage are actually owned vs leased. Should be some interesting buyout options when the lease ends.
    TRs have also been crushed if you do the current $$ vs original cost.

5. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Joe G.

I beg to differ about these being another bi-turbo repeat. Have you ever driven one of the new cars? Have you driven the bi-turbo? What is your experience with Maserati and on what do you base your opinions?

The fit and finish of the new Maseratis is very good. And performance is quite good for a naturally aspirated engine. This car was never meant to be a Ferrari and never will be. Maserati built this car to be a daily driver. If you question how that is doing, check with Mr. James Glickenhaus. I am sure he will be able to tell you in real world experiences.

The bi-turbos were quality nightmares and certainly were a big disappointment. Ran well when they ran but had a hard time making it from one week to the next without shoptime. Maserati is now owned by Ferrari and it looks as though will be sharing technology with Audi in the near future. Both these companies have much more respectability than either Chrysler or DeTomaso with whom Maserati had the misfortune to partner with in the past.

A 95% drop in value? I don't think so.......

6. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Yep I would agree don't expect a 95% reduction in 5 years. I would be very happy to see them in the 30s or low 40s. By then Marci might be ready to get ready of her BiTurbo Spyder. The bottom line when purchasing a used car is get the best you can find. Pay more for the best. Marci's car had a perfect service history, owned by a guy who owned several oil change places. The car had been pampered it's entire life, never had seen rain etc. Her car still runs perfectly she drives it to work on a regular basis.

She had purchased a new Sebring and sold it after a year because it just did not match her Maserati.

On the other hand she hates my Indy so go figure. She has test drove the new Spyder and loves it. But without a really good lease plan it's best to wait for someone else to take the hit. I can wait a few years no problem.

7. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Rodney,

Tell Marci hi for me. I used to love when she would come into FoD. She always had a big smile on her face and lifted my spirits when I was down. She met Margaret for lunch one day and brought her by.

Do you still have the 365? You passed me several times off of Independence Parkway while I was still with FoD.

Best to you.

8. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Will do. Yep she just talked to Margret today in fact. She is leaving T-Rutlands 1/9. Yes I still have the 365. Thought about selling it, but just to good a road car. I would hop in it today and drive to Florida without a thought. I keep thinking about selling the Indy, but then I drive it and rethink. Once my Mexico arrives I just have to figure out where the heck to put it ;)

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I still like mine very much and use it as my daily driver. It runs great, everything works. Maser has installed several upgrades for free, (Radio/GPS/F1 software etc.) The interior is super and the rear seats are very usable. As I drive them until there gone resale isn't something I worry about. I'm going to get a Maser/Enzo. I hope the interior on that one is as nice as the one in my coupe and that they change the exterior as per the photo someone posted.

10. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Did the interior/exterior hold you back from getting a Ferrari Enzo? Or did you find that there wasn't much point in one with the GT40, P4 and Lola in the garage.

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I didn't respond to the look of the Ferrari Enzo and my Sunday dance card is pretty full. I was also worried that the front overhang on the Enzo would make it hard to drive on the street.

12. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    Napolis,
    You seems to be well connected... what is the latest news on the development of the enzo/maserati for client GT racing?
    Is the car intended to compete with the lambo murci GT, and if so, what is the 1st out date, or/and the modifications done compared to a "normal" enzo?
    I am just curious (i.e. dream and don't have the cash for any of these...)

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    As far as I know Ferrari is developing the Enzo, badged as a Maser to compete in international sportscar racing. From what I know of the Enzo I think this will be a very interesting race car. I asked Ferrari if they were going to build a road legal version of the Maser/Enzo and they said they were planing to. All of this may change but I hope it doesn't as I told them if they do I want to buy one.