Maserati Cambiocorsa Gearbox | FerrariChat

Maserati Cambiocorsa Gearbox

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    HI, I own a 2003 Maserati Coupe, Black on Tan leather. I will post the pictures one of these days. I would like to ask all of you why is the gearshift in the coupe so jerky? Next, I am intending to install new Tubi exhuast on the Maserati, is it ture that after installing the tubi exhauts, the gearshifts will be smoother? Besides the gearshift, how much louder is the car's exhaust?

Thank you
    Douglas Ng

2. propaganda

propaganda Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    Check that you have the latest version of the Cambiocorsa software installed and also get the garage to check the clutch travel as this also affects the smoothness of the shifts. Cambiocorsa is always a little jerky from cold but once the car is warm it gets better after a mile or so.

Don't know about the Tubi but I would be extremely surprised if it made any difference.

3. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I have heard from the agent that the fuel consumption will decrease, there will be an increase in the HP and of course the gearshifts will be smoother. Don't know if they want to get some money out of me. It cost a few thousand dollars for the tubi exhuast.

4. maseraticoupe

maseraticoupe Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Texarkana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Crisp
    yes the tubi is much louder but, it is like your fav music you can't get it loud enough. I though the 03's had the upgraded shift ?

5. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    sorry, mine is registered in January of 2003, so the year of manufacture is 2002. so what do you think about the benefits of installing a tubi exhaust?

6. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Biggest benefit is the amazing head turning sound. While just under 3 grand is not cheap I feel it turned my $100,000 car into a $150,000 exotic. On every drive I feel like I am driving a Formula 1 race car and do not even have to break the speed limit to do it. It's all about perception to me and with the Tubi you just feel like you are going faster.

7. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Check your door panel for build date, Most likely it is a Model Year 2003

8. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Scott,

Do you detect the resonance at RPM's below 3000 that Lionel mentioned in his post? When I test-drove a coupe with the Tubi, I didn't hear any resonance at any RPM.

Brad

9. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    When driving at any rpm I do not detect any resonance just a nice deep growl. Only time I find it a little loud is when I start up in my garage. But from inside the car you don't notice it much but the other day I had to get out my car and get something in the house before I pulled out and as I walked thru the garage I sure did feel the vibrations all thru my body. Only other problem is my garage is right under my bedroom and I leave for work before 6am and my wife tells me the whole bed shakes. The tubi is a must, I liked my M3 but the out of control weed wacker sound it made even with two different after-market exhaust took most of the enjoyment away from driving that car.

10. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Thanks, Scott. That confirms it, I'm ordering a Tubi system.

I'll probably install at a local shop that has a dyno setup. That way I can do a couple of 'baseline' runs, install the Tubi, then see if there is any HP difference. Should be an interesting exercise.

Brad

11. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Douglas
    Your licence plate doesnt happen to be 7707 in Singapore?

12. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Lung7707, do you own that car?

13. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Check ur private messages on this site...I sent u a couple last nite.

14. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Scott61, the car is manufactured in 2002.