Maserati Coupe on the track | FerrariChat

Maserati Coupe on the track

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Zinhead, Feb 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
    I was wondering if anyone had the a newer generation Maserati Coupe or Spider out on a track day and, if so, how the car handle it? It seems rather heavy and big, but is really no heavier than an M3. The caliper size doesn't really seem to inspire confidence.

2. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    After lowering the Skyhook suspension on my coupe and alignment for track use, it was excellent ! It really made a big difference. Before.... well pretty sloppy with too much understeer. Brakes ... changed the fluid to Ate and things worked fine. Surprised that the pads held up much better than stock 360 pads on my other car.

3. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    No problems on the track. I have stock brakes and pads - I just put in fresh brake fluid, and would recommend the same.

It is surprisingly capable on the track. The only quirk is that the car leans quite a bit more than the V8 Ferraris (355/360 etc).

- Jon

4. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    The Coupe is decent on the track, my biggest complaint is that the seats don't hold you in very well...too much sliding around for me.