Maserati disaster | FerrariChat

Maserati disaster

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by ciao baby, Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    While taking our spyder out for a spin , notice a strange sounf, pulled back into the driveway and the call purged its coolant all over the driveway SOB.
    oh well the flatbed came within an hour and dropped that car off at Maserati of washington. This happen to anyone else?????

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Wow. That's terrible. I am going to guess that a hose connection let go or a drain plug came out. None of which are big deals. Of course, keep use posted.

3. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Will do, I guess to look at the brite side while its in the shop I will probably have them slap on the tuibi.

4. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Only one hour for them to get a flat bed to your car? At least that shows Maserati comitment to giving the great service they are promising. Get the Tubi, I went in last week to hear one and the second he revved the engine I told him throw one on my car when it comes in. The sound was awsome, it blew me away. Sounded at least as good if not better than any ferrari I have heard.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    FMoW is a great place.

I'd also highly recommend the tubi, we have it on our '02 coupe.

Did you used to race Porsches, by any chance? "Ciao baby" is familiar.

Cheers.

6. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Did not race Porsches, had a couple though the only car I currently track at all is my viper coupe. Ironically I traded in our 996 cab for the Maserati.
    Porsche had 40k mile no problems besides need for frequent wheel alignments :). Maser has much more spirit but at least for me I fear that it may not be mechanically as reliable as some of my German cars where.
    Thanks
    MK

7. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Sorry to hear about your problem with the Spyder, but I'm sure the guys at FoW will take care of you good. A good friend of mine used to be a tech there until he found a tech job at MB closer to home. Just out of curiosity does your Spyder happen to be yellow? I passed a yellow/black Maser Spyder on River Road (near Potomac & Chevy Chase) a few weeks back going south toward DC, but I had to turn before I could get a better look at it. Best wishes in sorting your car out :)

8. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Nope, our SPyder is dark blue,so far FOW seems to be taken pretty good care of this unfortunate situation, I will look foward to meeting some of the local car buffs as soon as there is a local track event, anyone for a FATT at SP??

9. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    So what was the problem that caused the purging of coolant?

What do you think of the Tubi sound?