Maserati Forum - Official Poll #2 | FerrariChat

Maserati Forum - Official Poll #2

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by rob lay, Jul 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What changes would you like to see for our Maserati community?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2021.
  1. Leave everything as is.

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Create separate MaseratiChat like LamborghiniChat & McLarenChat.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Maserati section as is, but add different subforums.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. Create a unique style (colors) within Maserati section.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Have a unique domain/url going directly to the Maserati section.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Remove the Ferrari sections at FerrariChat, because Maserati is better anyway.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think best to go about this multiple choice, just to see our community population and which ideas most popular.

Please let me know other options to add. Thank you.

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I voted to remove the Ferrari sections as a joke but I think adding subforums or leaving it as is is best. I'm not sure how much traffic multiple subforums would get, hence my hesitation there. I also don't know if having a unique domain/URL would help with Google results.

rob lay likes this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The most important thing to put in place is a direct domain URL for Maseratichat WITHOUT having to go through Fchat.

This will generate a lot more people from the classic and modern Maserati world who have so far dismissed this forum as a backwater of a Ferrari forum. This constraint has been a clear impediment so far. I have mentioned this forum section countless times at events and people's eyes just glaze over when I mention it is inside an Fcar forum. Please constructive comments only thank you: this is too important for silly snide remarks. I feel very strongly this is the key point, followed AFTER its implementation by Maserati DNA graphics and perhaps a simple division such as classics (until 1981) moderns (Biturbo onwards) and racing. Too much subdivision is hurtful as has been seen elsewhere.

Then, at bottom or at top there should be the possibility to transition to Fchat Lambo chat etc.

CF the initial thread about this: "Is Maserati a second class citizne" as well as the first poll on the matter.

ANF289, Froggie, MK1044 and 1 other person like this.
  4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    To bad it’s August and not April, then Rob could announce across the entire board, that at the request of the Maserati owners all Ferrari postings will be in a subcategory of the new Maserati Chat, after all Maserati sells more cars than Ferrari, then sit back and watch the board blowup.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    :D So that makes Tesla better than both? ;) They sell more and faster too! :eek:

6. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I agree 100%. Having a direct link, in addition to the existing link, should help attract additional Maserati owners. There is no downside to having a direct link. Also, adding some Maserati graphics to the subgroup makes sense.
    Those of you that voted to leave everything as is, please rethink your vote and vote to add a direct link (MaseratiChat.com) and some Maserati graphics.

Ivan