Maserati Gran Sport or M6? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Maserati Gran Sport or M6?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by F430SPIDERNJ, Feb 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

your the most redundant salami ive ever heard, no German cars are not the best most reliable piece of machinery, the japs win that category. italian cars have their problems but are located in the european norm, if u like that ugly duckling so much, go rave about it on m5board, whats the point in constantly busting on the maserati board

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I contend that 111,000 miles in six years without one single break-down in my former e39 M5 is pretty reliable...tires, brakes, gas and brakes were all that was needed. As far as the M5board is concerned, you Maserati boys on FChat could learn a little there. You will note that in that forum owners actually discuss problems with their M5 and how to solve them... they don't just brag about how great the car is and ignore its weaknesses. Some of you must be very insecure with your choice of car if you are so sensitive when someone points out a weakness or says why they chose another marque for their particular need... hugs and kisses...

3. taptd

taptd Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Joe K
    What if you throw the option in on a 911 Turbo x50 package vs. the M6 and the GS?

4. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

Correct me if im wrong but you're the one who contemplated a Maser for almost 2 years, praised it on many occasions and now bashing it and all other Maserati products because many of us here might prefer the maserati product over your choice of motoring, so whos the insecure one here?

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    ok you see what I bolded for you? Stop saying stuff from magazines. They don't matter. What parkerfe is doing is giving his OWN opinion about the cars. His PERSONAL EXPERIENCE driving both cars. I would much rather have someone post their own reviews about the car, then some magazine. What you are doing is giving information from a magazine, and trying to use it to disagree with parkerfe's personal opinion.

6. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

you obviously havent read any of his previous posts, if there is one person with low credibility, Parferke is one them,being ableti own ad drive some expensive machinery doesnt grant you knowledge or taste. especially when your a ball buster on a board.

7. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    i don't care if he is a credibile source or not. If he drives a car and then gives a review on it, or drives two cars and compares them, then that is fine. It is interesting to see how people compare cars. But you are just spouting out magazine articles and giving the opinion of other people.

8. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

either way im not here to bash people, but when people make absurd comments, it is funny, just like an m3 being faster than a maser coupe.....

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    it is all personal opinion.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not to back track, but how much personal experience do you have in either of these cars?

I'm talking behind the wheel, not behind the cover of Road and Track or Car and Driver reading a review.

Have you spent 2 years and 25K+ miles in EITHER ONE??

You sure act like an expert. It makes me think you work for Road and Track, and have taken each car home for a month or two, based on your spouting off here.

So, how much wheel time do you have in these cars?

dm

11. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    ZING! You have just made my point. Thank you

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just trying to help out any way I can.

Which won't slow me down tomorrow when I wander up to Algar and see what kind of a deal I can put together on a GS. :D

dm

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm gonna be there around 1230.

14. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    You'll get a good one dave, my dad last week turned down a deal on a q-port that would barely make it more expensive then an S550. I have NEVER heard of so much off of a new car. I don't want to post the exact number lets just say it makes the largest GM rebate and discount look small.
    Erik

15. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Are you getting a new one or pre-owned? Either way good luck, the GS won't dissapoint you.

16. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    dave post lots and lots of pictures, group shots, the works

17. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    dm- i suspected you were a closet GS fan. Go Italian and dump the german sausages. I believe the GS is one of the best car on the market for what it delivers..

18. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

u want a list of all the cars ive raced or driven in?, point is the m3 is slower so shut it and accept it, why get all defensive.

19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    he wants to know if you have spent extensive time with a maserati. Not just driven one.

20. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    yes i have been in Maserati, have i driven one yet no, but i have been in Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa and yes it was faster than the M3 we raced, it walked away, you want pictures and a video with that 2?

21. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Nope. And now you are getting defensive. You answered mine and his question. That is all.

22. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    LOL,. you saved me from typing.

and the funny thing is, you wonder why he is still lurking about the maserati board when he is so happy with his M5.

23. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

Yap, hes got the basic symptoms of an insecure German car owner thats for sure.

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks for the well thought out non-answer to my question.

dm

25. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not a "closet fan" at all. An overt fan, as I've indicated throughout my posts in this thread. :D

Doesn't mean I'll buy one tomorrow, or ever. Does mean it continues to get my most serious consideration as an everyday car.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

dm