Maserati Granturismo .... Discontinued parts now? | FerrariChat

Maserati Granturismo .... Discontinued parts now?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by lcanals, Aug 27, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lcanals

lcanals Rookie

Aug 10, 2022
    Full Name:
    Luis F.
    Hi all,

I had a problem with a simple cable in the front seat belt in my Granturismo 2011.
    I was looking for a replacement for the whole belt..... ScuderiaParts and Maserati itself tells the same: "this part has been discontinued".

Two questions:
    a) How a part of a car that ended its production in 2016, 2017 can be "discontinued"?... seriously? discontinued after five years?
    b) Where do you found in general, interchangeable parts for these cases?

Note: I can fix the problem by myself, but just curious in case of I need a part for this car in future (and I'm not going to go to a Maserati workshop, here in Zürich-Switzerland : I'm still waiting them to call me for an appointment -the worst service in world!! if they treat me in this way... how would they care my Granturismo?-

Thanks for your opinions. Cheers,

- l

MK1044 likes this.
  2. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes, that is very odd as Ican still get parts for both my 2006 QP and Gransport from ScuderiaParts and various dealers.

Sorry can't help much here, and good luck.

Oh...junk yard may be a good place to look.

3. lcanals

lcanals Rookie

Aug 10, 2022
    Full Name:
    Luis F.
    Too young to find it in any junk yard!

I am start thinking that's a strategy from the brand to avoid to maintain the cars by our own, changing the references by equivalent pieces and only sending this info to the "official" garages.... will investigate this.

The question arises to me now that I'm planning the next car to incorporate to my tiny collection... if it's a Mase or a Ferrari from 90's-00's but I cannot replace any part because nobody supplies them -it never happened to me, with Alfas, Mini or Porsche from 70's to 90's never never happened-, it would be a problem (and an opportunity to find a solution and to share it!).

Or maybe a tour to small familiar workshops near Modena will also work (as it happens in Como for Motto Guzzis....)

Anyway, thanks!!

- l

4. TonyMontana1984

Jan 29, 2023
    Perhaps the 2013 interior update changed the seat belt assembly? Can you buy a current seat belt and use it in your car or modify it to work?

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain