News

Maserati Granturismo from the US to Europe - any tech issues?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by PMJ-07, Jan 29, 2020.

1. PMJ-07

PMJ-07 Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Asker, Norway
    Full Name:
    Per Morten
    I am considering importing a 2012 GT MC from the US to Europe. I know from other cars that there might be some issues with the US radio frequencies and the GPS/Navi working over here. Is this a problem on these cars as well?

The GT is also one of the few cars I know with only the "miles/h" scale, not the second "km/h". The scale itself can however be replaced from what I've seen. The digital readout/display however is fixed, or can it be changed to km?
    Grateful for any feedback or advice on this and any other issues related to such "re-import"

2. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The TFT display between the gauges will read in miles or kilometers, depending on how you set it. As for changing the dial face on the speedo, I don't think that's easily doable--you'd be better off getting a secondhand cluster from a Euro spec GT and swapping it in and doing a proxi alignment procedure (dealer will have to do) to get it to 'marry' with the BCM.

As for the navi, you should be able to have the maps updated/changed to Europe and it should work fine. Not sure about the radio frequencies. HTH.

3. PMJ-07

PMJ-07 Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Asker, Norway
    Full Name:
    Per Morten
    Thanks, sounds reasonable. I'll keep on looking for the right one...