News

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

1. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Yes. I am currently going to a rather large collection Maserati parts that my kids want out of the basement before I pass from this earth. I'd hate to see them through them into the garbage when I pass away!!!!

2. au-yt

au-yt F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  3. dkbluec4

dkbluec4 Rookie

May 29, 2006
    Northampton UK
    Full Name:
    Neil Lefley
    Hello Paul,
    I found that I couldn't get my normal spring compressors in the space available
    I bought a cheap pair ( about £15 ) from eBay, cut the screws in half, and bent the ears to fit the Khamsin springs.
    This gave me about 1 1/2 " of compression, which was enough to take the load off, and replace the split gaiters on the ball joints.
    If you would like to borrow them you are welcome, I'm in the UK.
    Neil

4. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
  5. au-yt

au-yt F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  6. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Thanks for the offer Neil but I am currently in the US. I have managed to remove the spring, but wouldn't recommend the approach I used to anyone. Whilst we're on the topic of the front suspension does anyone have a recommendation for removing part 26 in Table 17 so that the bushings in part 21 can be replaced?
    Regards
    Paul

7. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula Junior

8. au-yt

au-yt F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Paul
    There is a lock screw (30) 26 reeds a good soak with penetrating oil of some sort, (50-50 Acetone and auto transmission fluid works) try getting it to twist first then
    I made a slide hammer that screwed onto the thread once you take the nuts off.
    From memory it only come out fwd. Good luck.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. rga

rga Karting

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger!

Yes that has to be 1274, region and colors match, and the fact that it still has its US bumpers, very few K's left in the south. Its owner JB had been in touch years ago but did not send photos, great to see these thanks for posting. It is not the only white car which got its wheels painted white by owners.
    I have to run but will post some of the info he sent me tonight.

I was just in the US a few weeks ago and saw another white one there, will post on that too.

best regards,

Marc