News

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #8951 Nembo1777, Nov 22, 2020 at 1:13 PM
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 1:18 PM
    Just posted on FB by Pierre Lemounier whom I have known since the 80's, an extremely rare photo of AM120-044 the only celeste/black K sold in France.

It is shown here at Thepenier, the then French importer in StCloud a suburb to the west of Paris.

The other photos show I saw it in about 2011 in Antibes, south of France, alas....

It was destroyed almost new, at 1500kms, hit a wall, the owner's son had a broken leg. It then lingered for several decades like that.

It was soon after I saw sold for parts to someone in Corsica restoring another. Note the unique rear shelf replacing the "dwarf" rear seats. Only time I have seen such a special order.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

AMLC likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MK1044

MK1044 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    I like that feature. The rear seats are much too small to be useful to anyone but small children.

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I always say they are for dwarves being punished...but a few times in my K or other people's I have seen various thin pretty girls make themselves comfortable sideways in the back -one at a time- and it looks very glamorous...such as when I took one to pick up her hubby at Ft Lauderdale airport or another time when one looked really good back there all dolled up...but punctured the leather around the rear speakers with her heels!

MK1044 and 71Satisfaction like this.
  5. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    A black “rat-rod” Khamsin in Vancouver was discussed on this thread in 2014: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/143111006/
    Apparently it has been indentified as #1068, see Enrico’s Registro Fotografico: http://www.maserati-indy.co.uk/ABCD-ENRICO_ALFIERI_Maserati_Khamsin_Register.htm.

#1068 is also on the list of sold cars at Bobileff, listed as red-black: https://www.bobileff.com/copy-of-parts-2

I’ve seen photos of a red Khamsin in Vancouver, like this photo, in 2013: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dylankingphotography/8525794821/
    Maybe that’s how the rat rod looked before it was transformed (in 2014?).

Does anyone know if that red Khamsin in Vancouver is also #1068?

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hm...did not know Enrico had that up, quite a few of my photos there with some mistakes 044 is the pale blue crashed car, not 196. The car labelled as 103 (a chassis number that does not exist) is 226 in Argentina. I need to go through the whole list, no time today.

Yes 1068 is the car you refer to, red in almost derelict condition then matt black with or without rear wing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hi Marc...

Yes, I think there are a few mistakes in Enrico's information... My Khamsin, 1120, is not red, it is silver...
    Maybe there is another 1120 running around!!!! :)

What is the best way to reach Enrico? Is it through his website?

Mike

Nembo1777 likes this.
  9. rga

rga Karting

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Mike

must be a transcription, the red car should read 1200 not 1120
    and I believe a similar mistake was made for 308, that should read 208

on the other hand I was not aware yet of the car with VIN 258, can somebody confirm ?

Roger

10. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Hello Roger, I think that should be 1258

rga likes this.
  11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Mike, Roger, AMLC:

I have this email address for Henry Pedder, founder of Enrico's Maserati pages. Say hello for me. I have to get out the door to inspect a macchina, but why don't you collate a list of errors here before writing him? I will add mine late tonight or tomorrow. Some of the photos are 20 years obsolete. 1208 also burned to the ground in Colorado and 409 has not been butter yellow since the last ice age. FYI one day I will put all cars on my site as some might remember I had started to do so when it was US based back in the mid 2000's. Just a matter of time needed and paying my webmaster. I need to update my site anyway.

enricomaserati@btinternet.com

12. To remove this ad click here.