Maserati Khamsin | Page 381 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  2. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    In Autos International July/August 1993 this red Khamsin was for sale.

I can’t identify it, I thought it could be #162 but this car has a completely black front bumper and I don’t see that on photos of #162.

Another possibility is that it’s #196, a car that according to the Thepenier site is/was rosso cordoba with black, but I don’t have any photos of #196 so I can’t compare.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    It is 016. I scanned that ad years ago. Lowest chassis number sold in France. Owned for many years by someone in the Yvelines department (78)

It later -after that advert- sat for years in Dordives near Fontainebleau with the crashed K 204.

It was at the house of an eccentric who did not use his cars. 016 was smelling of mold and bought the day I took these photos April 2007 by a friend in Grenoble who sold it to another friend there. He actually drove this car that had sat for years and years the several hundred km journey...not wise...I followed him for a while and then headed back home awaiting the call...well he made it ok! Summer 2009 I sold it with a Mexico in part trade to BG who did a ground up restoration in his own very good workshop in western France; He color changed it to granite grey however. It was ladies' choice prize winner at KHAMSIN QUARANTA; now he says he wants to bring it back to original color, we will see.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    This car sold 8/Dec/75 by Thepener to Mr Parot was originally in a gorgeous color, 1976 Paris car show car (photo by Fchat member Giotto, merci:)) but early on it was stupidly redone in resale red. owned by Guikas, who had bought it from an old character who had mounted a horn to whistle at girls at the traffic lights(!), owned for a while by BG then sold at auction near Paris and owned by someone in Grenoble who owned several K's (016, 204). I drove it in Lyon November 2008 (most photos below) and he later sold it to a Parisian client: 2012 track day photo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Ok, great, so it's not red but rame in the advert.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  7. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello AMLC

I have info from another ad in AMS 1989 issue 25 page 155, where they sell AM120 378 with brown met. / creme but only 16'000 km,
    so either they wrote 150'000km instead of 15'000km or it's not the same car.
    The ad was repeated in 1990 issue 01 on page 66.

AMLC likes this.
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    378 is now in a private collection in Germany but dark blue.

lgs, AMLC and rga like this.
  9. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    It looks like they changed the interior colour as well, ist it light blue?

10. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Nice, and still the same mirror

Another LDB car that was painted blue, like #236

11. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Yes I agree, light blue or grey?

12. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Hello Marc, I think you still "owe" ( :) ) us the reports about some of the Khamsins that you saw at McGraths in 2019

I think we've only seen the report about #425 "PET 2X" (which was very interesting).

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    How much are you paying?;-)

Yes yes I will do so this weekend!:)

14. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Hey... Defective water temperature sender/sensor.
    Ordered new one from MIE --- got crazy hot readings. Figured it was defective. MIE sent a second one. Strangely, the same crazy hot readings again.
    Could both be defective?
    Anybody out there who had a similar experience?
    Thanks.

15. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    PS. The original one was simply dead. Gauge read nothing!

16. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Borologist...

Just to be sure, you have checked hotspots in the engine compartment with a temperature gun, and everything appears
    to be good, correct?

Could it be your gauge?

Mike D.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  17. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Yes. Engine temperatures are fine.
    Also thinking gauge.

Have to check further.

Thanks.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  18. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes!

Stunning shot, when you have just bought a classic you drive it a lot and driving a K is as intoxicating as it gets so expect a lot of sightings of this car. The new owner is a famous Dutch fashion designer though I have no knowledge of that trade. Cute that he has the headlights open in day time, perhaps to flash at cars in front for a high speed run.

Oh and don't worry AMLC I will cover the K's I saw at McGrath's just crazy busy...but for good reasons I will mention in the next month:)

AMLC likes this.
  20. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Is there a voltage regulator anywhere in the system? On my daughters car, an old Triumph, the temp gauge is linked to a voltage regulator. When that fails, the gauge reads too hot.

boralogist likes this.
  21. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Mystery solved.
    Having exchanged gauges w/my Bora, the gauge was exonerated.
    All else being OK decided to go after the sender unit again.
    Picked up several physically matching relevant, period senders from local shops and decided to try all. After many tries hit the jackpot:
    Facet 7.3000
    Readings confirmed multiple times.
    Speechless:confused:

22. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
  23. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Perhaps I am not fully understanding your post. The photos are of the hardener's breather; I do not think it is meant to be used as a filler. There should not be any oil in the breather. The oil resides inside the hardener itself. No harm done if you verified that the total oil inside the hardener is .1 liter.
    Ivan

010 likes this.
  24. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    #9524 boralogist, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Decided to remove whole breather and get chance to do a really good internal/external clean.
    Filled easily then reinstalled breather unit.
    To clarify, NO oil was introduced into the breather unit.
    Can't imagine an easier, contaminant-free way to refill hardener!

010 likes this.
  25. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    How long after the engine is turned off should a Khamsin have pressure available for the clutch pedal and steering? On my car the brakes have pressure for a long time, even overnight. The clutch, steering and headlights have no pressure after 15 minutes. I temporarily shut the valve to the headlight and seat adjustment and that did not make a difference. Perhaps there is an internal leak in the steering rack. I do not know enough about this steering rack to know where to start looking. There are no external leaks. The brake spheres were recently rebuilt and the main sphere replaced.

Ivan

71Satisfaction likes this.