Maserati Khamsin | Page 397 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chriskindl

chriskindl Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Hello Ivan,

it is really recommended to balance the wheels because of the given imbalance even of new tires. As the diameter of the center hole has no static relevance you may mill this professionally out up to 45mm, which is works for common of the balancing machines (in EU).

If you do it on the balancing device for motorbikes you will can balance only the so called theory first order, but unfortunately not the higher orders. (It works on moto bikes because of the more or less symmetrical rim design.)

In earlier days I used a citroen adapter with long studs, but I was never 100pct. satisfied with the balancing results.

Best
    Marek

Froggie likes this.
  2. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Interior part identification request...

So. My car interior is almost done however we have two pieces just discovered (removed by someone else). We think one is to cover the parking brake handle base.

One is fibreglass framed.. and one is aluminum framed. Any help is appreciated..
    Thank you Team K!
    Richard

Ps. Don't worry the leather is not as bright as it appears in the pics! It is senape in real life.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. achimguenther1

Nov 6, 2011
    Germany, Baunatal
    Full Name:
    Achim Günther

Hello Ivan,
    I had the same problem.
    I drillel / cut the hole bigger: about 40mm diameter and made a round plate from aluminium for the M14*1,25 screw. I put in the wheel from inner side. I fixed it whith silicone.
    Used the same principle for my custom made 17 inch rims.
    see pictures
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Froggie likes this.
  4. achimguenther1

Nov 6, 2011
    Germany, Baunatal
    Full Name:
    Achim Günther
    Hello Richard
    first picture: no idea
    2. and 3: covers the fuel hose between 2 tanks in luggage compartment

Image Unavailable, Please Login

010 likes this.
  5. achimguenther1

Nov 6, 2011
    Germany, Baunatal
    Full Name:
    Achim Günther
    Ivan,
    I used this tool. 44mm ?
    To center it, I took a piece of a screw M14*1,23 and made a center hole in 6mm diameter = drill diameter of the cutting tool

Froggie likes this.
  6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Richard,

It may be that since your car is a very very early one, they created a cover for the base of the handrake unlike on later cars: see if it fits just right then you have the answer if not who knows what it could be...?

010 likes this.
  7. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    "covers the fuel hose between 2 tanks in luggage compartment"

Achim.. thank you. I knew it went back there somewhere.... On my car the rear right wheel cover inside has always basically covered almost all of that hose point..so it never to my knowledge was connected in place... But now I know I will see if there is a way... Merci
    Richard

8. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thank you Marc. I wondered if something like that happened also. Given its location it would not be noticed /missed by most as well.

I can share it was some of the least faded leather (as it was out of direct sun).. so the location makes sense.
    Richard

Nembo1777 likes this.
  9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Some news from down under:

A Khamsin owner in Australia is reporting the following tech news which might be useful to some:

Hi Marc
    Long time no speak. Hope things are well with u and the family.
    I thought I should tell you a guy in Melbourne has made the door handles in metal. They are the same as Montreal and require very little change to fit. I have the left side done and the right side will be installed over the next week or so.
    If you would like the details please let me know.

End of quote.

I will be off email and internet starting tomorrow for a week's holiday, back then refreshed, I need it! A good summer to all.

MK1044, 71Satisfaction and boralogist like this.
  10. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Have some serious fun, K style;)

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks!

I will be with my "Khamsin on Louboutins" as opposed to one on Michelin's:D so it should be very nice:)

MK1044 and boralogist like this.
  12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

Which part of the door handle? it sounds like he maybe talking about the black plastic housing.

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Will ask him next week, traveling this one.

14. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
  15. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    71Satisfaction likes this.
  16. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Nice looking.. does one custom cut and then "sew" the edges to finish the piece, and what dimensions (1 meter x ? meters).

Can you share the source? Thank you!
    Richard

17. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    I am pleased to share that Khamsin 1196 received 'Best of Show' at the Saratoga Springs Automobile Museum's lawn show this past weekend.. and I was told privately that the judges' vote was unanimous. Fun stuff.

Thanks to friends who helped me bring more than one car, we got there early and lined up a rare trio of GTV6s with some Alfa friends..

MK1044, thecarnut and Nembo1777 like this.
  18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Achim,

Thanks for your info, can you tell us more about the special wheels you got made and also wheel hubcaps reproducing the starburst wheel shown in your last post? Very interesting!

Froggie likes this.
  19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Again very well done Art, most people in the US have never seen a Euro bumpers K and it is often a powerful moment for some.

20. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    I think you nailed it, Marc. As familiar as people "like us" might be with the Khamsin, or any 70s Maserati... Yes, some of the judges were absolutely amazed. I think it could have been the younger judges, had never seen one before. We can probably understand the amazement at its styling, especially that iconic rear panel, the asymmetric hood vents, and Citroen hydraulic technology.
    Cheers, - Art

Nembo1777 likes this.
  21. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    The source is in post 9886. It’s about 1.5m x1m

010 likes this.
  22. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Khamsin 1116 hammer price at Bonhams Monterey $42k. An ok deal, and at lower estimate but lots of work required for sure. Hope it goes back to Blu Ischia and ditches the nasty bumpers. Maybe even 5 speed!!

M

Nembo1777 likes this.
  23. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    not a good day for the trident.
    Bora #916 hammered at 128k all in 143,300k
    Bora #500 NS 105k high bid
    Merak SS #2210 all in 53,200k
    Ghibli4.7 #1568 all in 179,200k

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #9924 Nembo1777, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    I emailed several corrections to the clowns in the San Francisco Bonhams office long ago and they could have at least corrected the online catalog bio.
    God knows I wrote several good general Khamsin catalog intros for their catalogs in the past when I worked for them or not, but instead of reusing that above this car's details they had some idiot write a half baked intro: lousy. That certainly impacted the price beyond the sleeping ugly automatic status.
    Worst auction price for a K this century, an anomaly in a perfect storm, not a market trend.
    Back to the beach I go, greetings from Mykonos.

71Satisfaction and MK1044 like this.
  25. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well senape IS mustard it's just that one of those is French's and the other is Grey Poupon. ;)

[​IMG]

010 likes this.