Maserati Khamsin | Page 429 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    I notice a significant number of K's dont have the Bertone badging on the lower part of the front fenders..
    I'm sure they would all have left the factory with the badging..

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    They came in metal or plastic. Glued on. Some have fallen off, others were not reinstalled after repaints. When I still had my K I mentioned to a man from Bertone on their Geneva show stand that they were missing from my car and...he surprised me by going into the stand's little back room...coming back with a pair of them which he gave me:). Made my day.

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    rga likes this.
  4. chriskindl

chriskindl Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    "b" and bertone came (afasik only) in plastic with 2 pins in the back, which were counter fixed from inside the fender.
    The pins are fragile and due to fatigue be advised by chance to add double adhesive tape to the back.

Best Regards
    M

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Marek, I have seen some in metal.

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  7. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Just been looking over the other panels on my car. The bonnet has 311 stamped on the right hand side, mid way through the vent.

if this stacks up then the panels are stamped with the chassis number to match them to the body through build.

this means my tailgate has been replaced from a much earlier car. Chassis number 228. Does anyone know which car this is?

was it an earlier UK car?

cheers

Mark

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    228 is Euro left hand drive, I will look in my files tomorrow. FYI all rhd cars had an odd number starting with 301.

series1 likes this.
  9. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hi Mark

I have noted that 228 is probably destroyed, as the door panels have been found on a restored US-car in Germany with VIN 1160.
    See pictures attached.

Regards
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

series1 likes this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger,

I have no file at all on 228 so I tend to agree with you but time will tell.

In other news Art H recently went to Canada and bought some K parts form a dismantled car. He did not have the chassis or its plates except the autovettura one, which allowed fabio Collina to identlify it as 1184 which I already knew as having been parted out in the US with some pieces such as the engine and the bits that Art bought ending up in Canada. Years ago the then owner of 1184 realized it was structurally too far gone to be saved so he parted it out.

rga likes this.
  11. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
  12. Tallman1

Tallman1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2022
    Full Name:
    Leo
    The reserve seems to have been 190k or close to that as they are now requesting offers of at least 190k.

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes, he told me he wants 190.

14. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Carandclassic states a price of 190k and asks for "offers".
    The max bid was 178k.
    At best the seller will get an offer inbetween, not the 190k that he wants.

15. Tallman1

Tallman1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2022
    Full Name:
    Leo
    Any idea what the restoration cost? It looks pretty comprehensive and I’m impressed they managed to find so many new parts

16. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Does anyone know who did the restoration on this? I’d like to ask if those subframe bushes are replacements or not. I’m still struggling to find a source for them.

cheers

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Leo, Mark, answers in the morning.

Have a good evening,

Marc

Tallman1 likes this.
  18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I am not privvy to the actual costs but the car was restored over a long period of time in Poland where labor is cheaper but skills are very good.

When I did the book Classiche Masters we visited 12 workshops across Europe with an average of 2 or 3 employees apart of the manager. The workshop in Poland had THIRTY employees: MBL Classics.

It is not the same shop that restored this Khamsin #198 though. That was headed by Tomasz K who owns the car.

Then there is yet another workshop there that brought back to life Khamsin 182 crashed badly in France. It will be at K50, a true resuscitation, sooo nice to see.

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Mark you have a PM.

series1 likes this.
  20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    KHAMSIN CINQUANTA JUNE 15-18 UPDATE:

We will have at least 27 K's which equals the count at K40 in 2012 with a small handful more likely so I am hopeful of establishing a new record for gathered K's:)!

392 is in its container the ship having left New Zealand many days and weeks ago is now nearing England where it will be pampered before being driven to Divonne les Bains for K50.

Owners will bring cars from ELEVEN countries and everything is ready for a magical event:)!

Ferraripilot likes this.
  21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #10721 Nembo1777, May 2, 2023
    Last edited: May 2, 2023
    As I was looking at the website of Leo Peschl, one of the best Maserati restorers in the world, located in Koeln/Cologne Germany, I saw there is a nice little video of AM120-100.

There is no direct link to it just scroll down the main page it is on the left side.

Alas the only sound is music but you can just turn it off, what is nice is that they use a drone a lot and very well.

https://www.leo-peschl.de/

K 100 was in the first Khamsin reunion I organised, with a friend from Zurich in 2010, in which we had 8 Khamsins, I used it for a photshoot that morning -see below- along with 232 stunning in verde pino, they were both owned by the same person back then who generously lent them for the day.

I don't recall seeing a drone used in a K video yet but we are getting a lot more videos than in the past, back in 2007 the only video of a Khamsin moving was the one I organised of my car back then on youtube "Maserati Khamsin in motion". meanwhile the Khamsin video Jay Leno did in 2013 with the late Doug magnon's K has now been seen in excess of 700000 times! Just a bit better than the puny 19000 views of mine!

In other news for K50 we now have a 28th car confirmed for the whole event, that is one more than for K40 in 2012 so a new world record K gathering is in the making with a small handful more possible just for the saturday:)

Oh and we will have TWO drones in action to record the event.

Attached Files:

71Satisfaction and red27 like this.
  22. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Hi All. I was wondering why one of my tailgate hinges had 3mm spacers on it.

On closer inspection I found there is the chassis numbers stamped into these as well. I guess the tailgate from 228 needed the spacers.

I reshaped the hinge to work with the tailgate

now it seems to fit ok

Nembo1777 likes this.
  23. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Who you callin' goofy Marc?! I happen to love the "quirky" 70's foot bling.

Alas I was not able to find the exact but did find something very close when replaced....

...Some small 010 locational history...
    010 (chiaro Celeste with that same mirror left Kuwait in 1980 enroute to Canada after a long stop over via Dorset,UK (family farm barn for a couple of years). Then to Toronto (early 80s), then to Vancouver Island for 15 yrs then back to Toronto (home).

Back I the carpet... Perhaps that pyscha-spin effect was animated on the right hooka (spelling?) at the time? To each their own..

Nembo1777 likes this.
  24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Richard,

Good to hear from you.

Yes your 010 was used quite a bit for marketing by the factory.

I hope you enjoy driving it a lot on the Canadian wilderness this summer, post some photos then!