Maserati Khamsin | Page 431 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Just remember that the steering is very quick & light and the brakes grab until you get used to them! ;) :p

BTW the stalk on that mirror looks very tall. Optical illusion?

Nembo1777 likes this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I don't need no stinking mirrors;-)

In all seriousness I drove this car an hour around Vienna traffic three years ago and had no issue.

4. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Is that's what known as a sacher-retort? ;)

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Been to Vienna twice but did not try Sacher Torte, entschuldigung! Regarding retorts my German is too rusty;-)

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #10756 Nembo1777, Jun 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    In other KHAMSIN CINQUANTA news:

AM120-182 badly crashed in France early in 2020 is nearing rebirth and completion in Poland and will be displayed during the K50 concours: here it is being painted last month.

The first photo is soon after the March 2020 accident when it went straight on in the rain hard into a deep dirt ditch.

A friend bought it form the insurance company and a couple of months later I sold it to Michal M. an enthusiast in Poland who loved the idea of saving it.

Phoenix reborn, a round of applause for this Maserati restoration heroism!

Yes of course there is a lot of work left and it won't be finished by K50 time but the work that is left now is routine; the accident damage has been eradicated, vanquished!:)

This is empowering testimony that even very hard restorations are possible!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Nice color too.

MK1044 likes this.
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  9. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That crash is a very stark reminder that these old cars running on tires of a very old design do not have ABS and have been caught out myself a few times in my Bora on damp streets of some SF hills you do need to pick you spots to enjoy them. We've had ABS and other driver assist features in our modern cars long enough that one needs to take that into account when switching back and forth. I really love the power of the LHM brakes on the track and on dry roads conditions but when it gets slippery out not so much.

Nembo1777 and thecarnut like this.
  10. Matthiaskrassnig

Oct 13, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matthias Krassnig
    Hello everybody, my name is Matthias from Austria.
    My father and I are taking part in the Khamsin Quaranta next week and we got a little bit of an issue with a spare part we dont get to fix a leakage.
    We tried with euro-spares and campana but without any luck. Does anybody know a source where we could get the spare part showed in the pictures below?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    best regards Matthias
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I had to make one using two hoses and a coupler. The company was Filler Neck Supply. Enclosed is the invoice so you can see the part numbers. I ordered two slightly different short hoses as I was not 100% sure which one would work better. I do not recall which one I ended up using.

Ivan

Attached Files:

71Satisfaction likes this.
  12. Matthiaskrassnig

Oct 13, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matthias Krassnig
    Thank you very much Ivan,
    best regards
    Matthias

13. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    I did the same, also replace small diameter hoses. The one #40 is a royal pain in the ass, as it is almost hidden, it looks easy in the parts diagram, it goes from the lower right side of the small tank up against the fender, through 2 body holes. Then through 2 more holes up over the exhaust where it is wrapped in a heat/flame sleeve then around to the lower tank. BTW only the holes over the exhaust are of large enough diameter to fit the heat sleeve through.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  14. dkbluec4

dkbluec4 Rookie

May 29, 2006
    Northampton UK
    Full Name:
    Neil Lefley
    MvGrath's in the UK have remade the #40 hose in ethanol resistant material.
    Not sure about the others but worth an ask.
    Neil.

Mexico074 and staatsof like this.
  15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #10765 Nembo1777, Jun 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Mathias I am sure you will get this relatively simple issue sorted and I look forward to meeting you next week and seeing your father again.

One thing though: if you want to go to KHAMSIN QUARANTA (40 in Italian) next week you don't need a K but a De Lorean time machine:D
    K40 was June 14-17 2012;)!

Next week is KHAMSIN CINQUANTA (50 in Italian).

So yesterday I had time to take 096 out for half an hour in my Burgundy countryside, it ran like a champ, huge smile:)!

Can't wait for the tour next week with thirty K's from eleven countries!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #10766 Nembo1777, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    PS: Mattias I just spoke with Pascal Martineau top technician at Trident in west France, he is one of the top experts on Khamsins (he "only" has FOUR in the workshop now;-) (two of which are coming to K50, the other two owners wanted to come as well but cannot for various reasons).

I took the occasion to ask him about your small issue. He said that hose is plain and simple so you can use any hose of the right diameter and cut it to size so long as it is ethanol resistant. You don't need that exact replacement part, just hose in one section or two with a connection.

Anecdotally a MUCH bigger problem was just solved for one of the other Khamsins coming to K50: a driver's door main window was accidentally broken last week but the emergency quest was successful, we found a replacement in Italy and it is already on its expedited way to Belgium with expert mechanic and all tools ready:)!

17. Matthiaskrassnig

Oct 13, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matthias Krassnig
    Hello, thanks everybody for helping!
    And yes Marc, we are not coming in the DeLorean to Quaranta, we take the Khamsin to CINQUANTA :)
    Looking forward to next week!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Excellent Matthias, greetings from Le Mans!

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    MK1044, miura1, Jack-the-lad and 8 others like this.
  20. maskham

maskham Rookie

Aug 30, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    A last group photo from Cinquanta on Sunday morning before departure…
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Thanks Marc for the organization of a great event with lots of memories!

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #10771 Nembo1777, Jun 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
    Thank you Lucas winner of the spirit of KHAMSIN CINQUANTA award:)!

I am exhausted but very happy after a perfect weekend, will post photos and report in coming days.

The funny thing is we ended up with 26 Khamsins which somehow was the same number as yen years ago but only a few cars were the same.

The 250km tour de Jura route I concocted was enjoyed by all participants and all K's ran perfectly, just one had a minor issue, out of a group total of 26 running thousands of kms that is excellent.

We won best club display and this is thanks to the whole group!:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Fabulous effort Marc! The cars look spectacular. Best wishes to you and all participants. have fun!

Mark

71Satisfaction, series1 and Nembo1777 like this.
  23. Don Sherman

Don Sherman Rookie

Jun 21, 2023
    Full Name:
    Donald Sherman
    Hi Marc
    I received one of the more interesting Father’s Day presents last week. Our son Greg is father to our grandson Milo. Milo loves cars and legos.

For Father’s Day, Greg sent me a box of Lego’s. He gave the same set to Milo and we both assembled ours together via a Zoom video call. The result is in the photos.

I did not realize that Lego has a tool on their website that allows you to design your own Lego set with custom instructions on how to assemble. The last time Greg and Milo visited, they helped me work on the Khamsin. Both thought the car was very cool. So Greg used pictures of the Khamsin and information he got from the car but website to design a Lego Khamsin. Very creative and very fun.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Very cute Donald, how old is Milo?

I have been utterly exhausted from K50 and resting but will begin posting photos and tales tomorrow. Thumbs up to young Milo and his elders:)!

25. Don Sherman

Don Sherman Rookie

Jun 21, 2023
    Full Name:
    Donald Sherman
    Milo is 6 and already a Maserati fan!

Congratulations on the K50 celebration!

Nembo1777 likes this.